Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Kent Clausen's Insane Speed 10L - Found!! >

Kent Clausen's Insane Speed 10L - Found!!

Kent Clausen's Insane Speed 10L - Found!!

Old 03-25-2009, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

Ahh what I nice thread to read. It brings so many good memories back to my head. Here in Denmark we had 1 banked oval for bikes, but 1 week-end every year, we had the annual Copenhagen Thunderdrome. The only chance to practice was friday evening, so that meant 362 days of good ideas, and only 3 days to realise them.
Everyone where talking about this race during the year and of course the most important was the Speed-run saturday night, where almost everything was allowed, as long as it was 1:10 scale.

I won the Speed-Run and the 4 min races for a long period, and I remember how much I dreamed about going to the US to compete, but didnt have the funds to realise the dream. My average speed in the 4 min runs was 4km/h higher than the US guys, and the Speed Run record was also faster. The car I raced with was a Hyperdrive STX, and I still have it at home.

Our Speed-runs where based on a full lap with average speed. Last race was held in year 2000 where the speed reecord was 124,88 Km/h as average speed, and the car lost a lot if speed in the really hard banked corners.
Later that year, the track was closed and removed. Now people are living in big houses on that place, where we had so many great hours of racing.

In 2001 we tried on another track, but it was so bumpy that it was impossible to drive there. Only cars with front wheel drive had a small chance to complete a lap, without bouncing off the track.

Ohh it could be so nice to try it today, with modern motors and batteries. Wow that would be so fast.

Keep coming with all the stories of the "good old days".
Pan car racing and oval was real racing.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
male with a limp wrist and a pink scarf" if you get the drift.
hara?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default kents RC10 CIRCA 1985!

Have a great find Kents rc10 from 1985! talked to kent to show him, he said this cars where given to team drivers to try out!
Attached Thumbnails Kent Clausen's Insane Speed 10L - Found!!-p5180114.jpg  
Old 06-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default kents RC10 CIRCA 1985!

cover off! also got three extra front tires new in package and a black novak reciever. never seen a black novak reciever.
Attached Thumbnails Kent Clausen's Insane Speed 10L - Found!!-photo.jpg  
Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjarment
cover off! also got three extra front tires new in package and a black novak reciever. never seen a black novak reciever.
Don't have a really clear shot of the reciever but I'm thinking thats a Futaba not a novak. I say this because of the way the crystal is mounted in the case. Although we used to dye the cases black sometimes.