Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

HEY JZONE,MYTXX & MOSOON.

HERE'S SOME OF THE PHOTOS TAKEN.COULD BE A LITTLE BETTER NEXT TIME.

THAT'S ALL WE GOT NOW ...ENJOY THEM.

CHRISMAN.
P/S RESULTS??....NEXT ONE.
Old 10-07-2001, 07:03 PM
che
Tech Regular

Default Castor?

Okay, this may not be an easy question to answer but here it goes:

Keep in mind with all else being equal and the fact that you found a good base setup. Running on a tight high bit indoor carpet track.

What would the effect have if the ONLY thing I chaged was the amount of front castor? Say I went from 7deg to 5deg...

Does it make that much of a difference? If so would more or less be more beneficial? Again, small, tight, grippy carpet track with foam tires.

Thanks,

Che
Old 10-07-2001, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Che ,

I find having 7 degree caster on the frt 6.0 frt c hub gives you more push where as the 5 gives you more steering.I uses the aluminium 5 degree c hub for reliability and strength.In your case use the 5 degree hub.Our track is high grip and bumpy.I uses frt diff one ways and center shaft pulley.Cheers.

Chrisman
Old 10-07-2001, 10:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey chrisman.. nice pics....did u get one with my yellow wheels?

post your setups if u got them... here is my 5.2ttt , for carpet track and p2k motor

front
40 wt / ofna blue springs
7 castor
-1 camber
1.0 toe out
hpi 27r / med insert

one way diff & central pulley

rear, 6.0 conversion, 5.2 bulkheads
40 wt / hpi white springs
-1 camber
3.0 toe in total
2.0 mm spacer under bulkhead
hpi 27r / med insert

Last edited by MonSoon; 10-08-2001 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-07-2001, 11:06 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Castor?

Originally posted by che
Okay, this may not be an easy question to answer but here it goes:

Keep in mind with all else being equal and the fact that you found a good base setup. Running on a tight high bit indoor carpet track.

What would the effect have if the ONLY thing I chaged was the amount of front castor? Say I went from 7deg to 5deg...

Does it make that much of a difference? If so would more or less be more beneficial? Again, small, tight, grippy carpet track with foam tires.

Thanks,

Che
5 deg and 7 deg castor block does make a difference. 5 deg gives more off-power and less on-power steering while 7 deg gives less off-power and more on-power steering.

Try 7 deg on carpet first. You should get the right amount of steering.
Old 10-08-2001, 06:29 AM
che
Tech Regular

Default Centre One-Way?

Chris,

Is there a centre one available for the 6.0?

Also, they are coming out with a 17T/37T pulley set.
Is this geared more for stock, or modified racing?

Thanks,

Che
Old 10-08-2001, 07:55 AM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Great photos Chrisman!

I appreciate those. Wow, that many Sevens together at one time, that is amazing. I can hardly wait to get my parts, strengthen my Seven and race again this coming weekend.

Cmotif <><
Old 10-08-2001, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

what are the main differences between the 6.0 pro and the 5.2 pro? whis car is better? stronger?

what are the common parts that break?

the reason im asking is i want to try something different (currently drive a tc3).

thanks alot
Old 10-08-2001, 05:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

the main difference is suspension design.

Both are really durable
Old 10-08-2001, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Hello Che,

Yes there's oneways for the center shaft.At the moment I don't know if RClAb has them in their packaging yet.But if you need one right away,go to your local hobby store and ask for an xpress one way pulley.It will fit with no problems.It's the same size as the pullley size.as for the gearing for the moment I haven't got the confirmation yet.But will let you all know once it's confirmed.The gearing is probably towards stock.Hope that will answer your questions.

Chrisman
Old 10-08-2001, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Comtif,

You are welcome anytime.There's always be pictures in here to look into for references and enjoyment of this forum.Kinda boring with no pics...
c ya around.

Chrisman
Old 10-08-2001, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Type S,

They are both well design cars.The 5.2 ttt(limited stock left) has h/d arms and all the grahite parts found on the 6.0 with a few more additionnal grahite parts which comes as option on the 6.0.Both cars are strong.But you may find the shorter arms on the 5.2ttt are stronger than the longer arms.But wheel base is not a problem.As Monsoon Says...they both very tuneable and competetive touring cars.The mid motor design is just awesome and well balanced.You got to try one to c for yourself.Cheers.

Chrisman
Old 10-08-2001, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Monsoon,

Looks like you may have to beat Rudy next time.He's all wound up to give you a good run.He did not beleive me that you were very consisitent and was up on top with the other guys in stock.So lets give him the run and show him what you got....
Let me know if you want my V12.It's up for sale.It'll give you more punch and better run time than your antique...
LEt me know.

Chrisman.
Old 10-08-2001, 09:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Type S
what are the main differences between the 6.0 pro and the 5.2 pro? whis car is better? stronger?

what are the common parts that break?

the reason im asking is i want to try something different (currently drive a tc3).

thanks alot
The main difference is the suspension geometry. 6.0 Pro has more advance and better suspension geometry and aluminum shocks as standard. Its handling is better than 5.2 Pro IMO.

5.2 Pro has delrin a-arms and graphite shock tower as standard, but adjust the front camber is a pain in the a...

I have broken the front ball ends at the front lower a-arm of the 5.2 Pro, but nothing has broken on my 6.0 Pro yet.
Old 10-08-2001, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Hello White cat,

The frt camber of the 5.2ttt are a little difficult to adjust if the wrong tool was used.But still it needed the tool that came with the kit that made it easier.It's true that the 6.0 has a better geometery.It all had advanced on from it's older brother that had been thru all the test.Either way the both cars shares a unique design which is the mid motor mt.Material used on the 5.2ttt was top notch and the reason why they didn't include the aluminium shocks is that the cost.See how much aluminium 5.2ttt has versus the 6.0 .The 6.0 uses a different material other than the h/d material as options and aluminium c hubs,steering blocks are all optional.......IMO I like both cars..Who knows maybe the next one may be shaft driven...Ball end cups that broke are cheaper to replace too.Cheers.Got any pics of your ride?.Lets see them.

Chrisman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.