Old 10-01-2001, 05:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Sorry for a stupid question
What is Xpress ?
Which company made it?

Originally posted by chrisman
Oopss...ran out of typing room...

Over gear,

With the Xpress diff it's identicle to the 7even ones.I beleive they share the same maufacture.The Xpress has plastic outdrives which weighs lighter than the aluminum ones.There's delrin outdrives for the Xpress diff.I won't be surprise to see them soon...It is as smooth as the 7even ones.Just weight and Xpress diff you may find lying in the corner of the store sells for cheap.Main thing is the weight.Less weight better acceleration.Less power draw...longer run time.

The Xpress universals,yes, universals!!!..are much stronger material and it fits..the cvd on the 7even cars,wears and you may see the slop in the cvd out drives pin.When you have the car in the air,try moving the wheel slowly and see how much slop you have to move before you be able to turn the wheel.That's power loss right there.If there's no slop.....more power and run time right!!.. will see if there's another set up to cure these slops......Till then.Keep on Racing and have fun.

Chrisman.[COLOR=red][COLOR=red]
Old 10-01-2001, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello AlexT,

Xpress is another TC company.It's origin is from HK.They Had the Xpress Pro and Mini Pro.Mike Swagger was sponsered by them.Their cars are very light weight cars.Fast but durability was an issue then.The company hasn't made any new cars but their parts are interchangeable especially the diffs.They are well known for their smoothness and weight.Very light.
They haven't got a website to promote this car anymore.Alex racing in Japan had hop ups for this car which can be use on the 7even cars too.It's been around for a while.so the products has proven to work at its best.That's why I suggested the Xpress diff.Otherwise,The kit diff is still very good.The new version should be revised and have blades to protect the aluminum diff from pitting...

Chrisman

P/S .who knows maybe a H/D light weight diff be out soon.
Old 10-01-2001, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

Hi AlexT,

If your interested in the xpress parts try this site:http://www.rc-xpress.com/all.html

If you are just starting out and are not yet at the top of your game then I suggest sticking to the stock diff. and save your money for other things that will really help your driving and tunning skills improve. Things like tires, inserts, wheels, springs, shock fluids, brushes and even a lathe that will keep your motor running faster longer.

Having these things and learning how to use them will do more for your car and allow you to drive the car easier and to your liking, which will result in faster lap times.

If you are at the top of your game and are looking for that .1 to.2 of a sec. per lap to take t.q. then lighter (especially rolling mass) is the ticket. It's even more important in stock when every little bit counts. Either way don't forget to use the x-ray blades as illustated here, it will save both diffs. and reduce slop.

Final answer...
Old 10-05-2001, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Guys,

Long time no c.......Racing this Sat.Come out ..come out where ever you are.....eat my dust...
My beast is ready to rock..This time no excuses...
C U there..
Old 10-05-2001, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah!!!

Be there or be square...

Monsoon, are you going?

Chrisman- What are you running in?

Later all...
Old 10-05-2001, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

I should have my 5.2 soon..thanks Chris!
Old 10-05-2001, 10:37 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Angry Grrrrr!

What are you guys doing with your drive shaft collars in the back of the Seven? When I bought mine used, they were all missing. I just got the new parts today, and hope to race tomorrow. I was not impressed with the quality of those drive shaft collars. Are you putting them between your rear bearings or what? There seems to be a lot of slop in the back of the car along the drive shafte without them.

Please let me know ASAP as I race tomorrow (Saturday)!

Cmotif <><
Old 10-05-2001, 10:47 PM

Default Thanks Chrisman!

I had to go back and look at some of the old photos that you posted of your Seven. That really helps. I was trying to figure out how to hook up the servo linkages, and you showed me how that you did it. Thanks.

That is amazing that you could fit your receiver underneath your front top deck like that. I will have to see if I can fit my Hi-tec DCX FM receiver under there tomorrow. Do you have any problems with it glitching having so much graphite/carbon and electronics around it?

Cmotif <><
Old 10-05-2001, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Cmotif,

If you need pictures of the collars in the rear I can send you pics to ur direct e-mail address.This will help you on your quest..I'll be racing tomorrow too...SO I hope you get to me before I go out.
Talk to you soon.

Chrisman>
Old 10-05-2001, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Het Ae Racer...

You be getting it very soon...

Chrisman

P/S Cmotif...you are welcome anytime to ask for pictures....I'll send them to whoever needs my helping hand.

Chrisman
Old 10-05-2001, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

MYtxxx...

I'll be running mod .......you know me...unless there's not enough guys to run mod.Than I go back to the stock motor.

Chrisman.
Old 10-05-2001, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hey chrisman..you still there?

need to know if you've got a spare rear top plate. can you bring to abby if you got one. thanx

i'll be running stock tomorrow
jesse
Old 10-06-2001, 05:15 PM

Default Pretty good first day out!

This was the first day that I got to run my Seven. I had a couple of hang ups where my servo arms would slip.

The worst was then I lost of the nut that goes on the aluminum ball stud that goes with the Carbon fiber shock tower upgrade. Those aluminum ball studs are junk. I am going to upgrade to the RC Lab captured ball system. Aluminum is just not strong enough to hold well. The threads in aluminum can cross thread really easy and strip as you try to tighten them up.

So that ended my day.

But when I was racing, I was catching the leader who was running IRS chassis TC3.

Cmotif <><
Old 10-07-2001, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

chrisman........when are those pics gonna be up?

as far as racing....the car worked well , still playing with different setups to find a sweet spot. chris, thanx for fixing the tweek on the chassis.

oh well........now it's gonna be two wkx till the next adventure.

later labbers

jesse
Old 10-07-2001, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

HEY COMTIF,

SORRY TO SEE YOU HAVING A LITTLE PROBLEM WITH THE BALL STUD FOR THE SHOCK TOWER.SOMETIMES WE DO OVER TIGHTEN THEM AND CAUSE THEM TO STRIP AND CROSS THREAD THEM WHEN ESPECIALLY THE NEXT HEAT YOU UP TOO......GIVE IT SOME TIME AND THINGS WILL BE BETTER.CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR PHOTOS FROM THE RACE.ENJOY.

CHRISMAN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.