Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Hmm that reminds me, I gotta buy the larger pulley for the front one way, I've never used mine since I'm indoors and grip is low enough, infact the previous owner had never used it by the looks of things. I really like the front one way on my Pro 3 last summer outdoors, I think it could be perfect for keeping the speed up if I run 19turn spec motors this year instead of 12turn mods. I'm not sure though on which class to run, I could afford two good 19spec motors for the price of a good 12mod, and I would deffinetly buy a good 12mod, not a cheaper one like I did last year, although it wasn't bad it just didn't have the edge needed. Although my driving wasn't great at that time anyway, spent a lot of the last half of the season with cvd/diff troubles and found myself racing with front wheel drive a lot, even using a front one way diff NO BRAKES!!! it was actually quite fun on occasion, I just dropped down to a 15x4chrome touring and took the corners as wide as possible, had some good results and very clean racing lines since it was slow and made me concetrate hard. Was luaghable getting away from a standstill though, even with a little throttle the front wheels would spin like mad and it took a good few laps for the rear to get any heat into the tyres and get good grip. If you took a trip into the dirt you'd have bad rear end grip for another few laps too

My weekly race tomorrow night, I haven't touched the car since last week, I just don't want to loose my setup, it was the easiest to drive I've had any car indoors. Need to add a little punch on my speedo though. I will have to try raising the car all round in practise though, the chassis is showing signs of rubbing whilst cornering, nice and smooth at the rear around the battery slots Hmm almost 3am and I need to go clean my motor out, that pesky dust clogs a stock motor like hell
Old 03-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All right fella's you have just added a member to the rc lab community just purchased the lab from Macky. I will be running it for the first time this weekend on carpet with foams grey ozite. any set up pointers thinking of opting my ae shocks but we wil see what comes of the car I will appreciate any set up advise as I will post my thoughts on the car after the weekend
thanks
guys
and thanks Macky
Old 03-04-2003, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like the cheaper new Lab is just the first step, a pro version to follow in a while. This has been hinted by Mike at ModelTech atleast. Could be interesting. In the mean time I'm pretty close to getting a Barracuda. Seems to be a great car with a very high initial spec at a reasonable price. Nice to have two cars that aren't the usual boring choices.

I'm a bit fed up after last nights performance of my Lab. I hadn't changed a thing yet it was a completely different beast to drive. I was lucky to make the A final on my last qualifier. I started 8th and finished 7th but there were two retirements. Most of the night the car would over steer out of tight corners then understeer far too much as I gained speed then go back to over steer at the end of a long turn. So I was doing a few spins out of corners and then hitting the occasional wall as I ran far too wide at higher speeds, even knocked my speedo plugs out in one run, leaving me stranded on the fastest part of the course, right in the racing line and a very dopey marshal just stood there gawping like the idiot he is I actually had to wait for a friend and more intelligent mashal ran across the entire track to reach my car. It meant a whole pack of cars came across my stricken car and a couple hit it at high speed, needless to say I shouted something at the dopey kid that I can't repeat here. I can handle marshal being slow to react, I do it myself occasionaly but this one just went beyond belief, he responded slowly, then started to walk to the car, then decided not to, then stood back where he was, then as my friend ran accross the track to get it he started to walk towards the car, in the time it took him to walk three steps my mate had already reached the car and picked it up. I wish I was marshaling his races, if he'd of stopped near me I would of walked up to his car and booted it accross the hall. Luckily the lab is a strong little sucker, although I may have some undetected bends in my aluminium bits.

It's not that I hate the kid, I just very severly dislike him, and that was before this incident, he has a fast little pro 3 but he can't control it. He gets upset at others when he collides with them, even though he's the one cutting every second corner and crashing at the others. It's the point in a striaght line and go, get to the next corner, make a mistake, point at the next corner, apply full power, repeat till race is over or car is broken.

ah.... feels nice to get some of the anger out.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

hey randy b, toledo eh? i've been here in cleveland with the norcar guys this past season. did you stop by our track for the champs? regardless, i think i've got a good setup for what we run on around these parts. it's maybe a few pages back. not too many others run this car with jaco's it's really balanced. it think you'll dig it. how's that heli coil holding up in the motor mount? anyway, up until this weekend, i've only run the car with locked layshaft, and double diffs or a spool up front. so that's what my setups revolve around.

welcome aboard.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The car I purchased used to be yours and I think its gonna have a one way on it. that will have to change. No I havent been by your guys track yet but I would like to get out that way somwtime soon. When does your season end? or are you guys gonna run all year? Our last race at Hobby Stop raceway is on the 30th its gonna be a trophy race. bill bridges is gonna see if we can get it sponsered by team orion we will see though. I will look for you set up. I should get the car today so check back for some posts I'm sure i will be asking some questions

thanks
Old 03-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

i was just reeadin about the neew 7-7 and now i am thinking about getting it becasue

1. i want something to build, i love opening new thigns!! dont you guys?

2.I think it would be great to have molded bulkheads and motormount, lighter weight, which i need.

3. Same to #1

whadda ya'll think?

see ya
nate
Old 03-07-2003, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RCLAB.7.7 new kit is a nice car.With molded plastic parts,this kit is light weight.The optioned parts are nice too.3 thumbs up
Old 03-08-2003, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Well we have a little more info on the RC Lab UK website now. There will be a 7-7 Racer out on the 28th of March and in April they will be releasing the 7-7 Pro. The Pro version will have all the changes of the recer but it will have

Carbon battery mounts.

Carbon front and rear shock towers.

Blue Alloy Motor mount bridge

Blue Alloy front bulkheads.

Blue Alloy rear bulkheads.

Blue Alloy 2 deg rear hubs.

Blue Alloy 3 deg front castor c-carriers

Blue Alloy front kick-up blocks, 0deg and 2deg

Blue Alloy rear squat blocks, 0deg and 2 deg

Thats an awful lot of nice alloy bits

They should have some nice big new photo's up on Monday/Tuesday.
Old 03-08-2003, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Looks nice...but how many 7-6 parts will fit? I've accumulated alot of spares for the 7-6, like arms, rear hubs/steering knuckles, caster blocks, etc...I hope they are compatible, 'cause I really want this car!
Old 03-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have absolutely no experience with RCLAB cars...I've skimmed through this thread a little and have some questions if anybody would care to answer.
Noticed a bit of talk regarding a lot of slop in various areas, has this been fixed in the latest models??
Noticed that parts from other cars were being used ..ie: blade axle conversions, servo saver changes....and others. Was this to solve definite weaknesses in the cars design??
The test report in Xtreme RC Cars was actually pretty good, Why isn't this car more popular?? I have yet to even see one. Very few shops are marketing them. Any thoughts as to why?? Thanks

Last edited by Evoracer; 03-08-2003 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow, 1,000 posts!
Old 03-08-2003, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LAB DRIVER,
NO WORRIES ON THE EXTRA PARTS YOU HAVE.IT'LL WORK ON THE NEW CAR AS SPARES. THEY ARE COMPATIBLE...
Old 03-09-2003, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Nobody out there to answer my questions?? C'mon guy's...I'm really curious about this car. Thanks
Old 03-09-2003, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

There is no excesive slop in the car, the front feel like here is but this is something RC Lab call active castor, a lot of cars have a sloppy feeling front suspension anyway, the Lab is no worse.

All cars have little mods people like to do, the servo saver isn't built in (yet) so people like to choose a servo saver thay trust. The C blade conversion is a simple job that just helps the drive cups last longer, people saw it on the mission and found it only took a small filing of the drive cups for it to work on the Lab.

The car isn't as popular as others because it's not as big a company, they don't have the worlds top drivers getting results in big races. Too many people think if such and such driver wins a race with a car then they can start winning races with it themselfs.

The car is very good, the only thing I think could be better are the diffs, they aren't bad diffs, just a little fiddly to adjust. It's also not so easy to fit large electronic gear on the car.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Herminator..you have PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.