Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
RCLAB 7even Cars. >

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Old 03-25-2002, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

chrisman- I said I was helping, so STOP YELLING ALREADY!!! LOL.
Old 03-25-2002, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking

HELLO MYTXX......HEE!!HEE!!!...NO PROBLEM. CHECK OUT THE NEW DATES FOR RACING...MARK YOUR CALENDERS.TALK TO YOU SOON...RACING THIS SAT..WHOSE GOING??.....

CHRISMAN.
Old 03-25-2002, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

Usagi: The Alex Barracuda, is it that shaft drive car they came out with recently? Post some pics, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-27-2002, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Yo Chrisman,
Is there a problem with the keyboard? or just the keyboard user? lol
Old 03-27-2002, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Hey RCSPEEDO....smart ass... ur ass need some whooping this weekend.. see you at the track.

Chrisman
Old 03-31-2002, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

alright,

after my race yesterday(i did pretty good for outdoor, my first time) i had a prob with my steering, i'll try to post a video of the porblem but in the mean time i explain it best i can. the problem is that when i turn my steering right it goes back straight but when i turn left it doesn't go back straight. so if you could post some pictures of what ur steering looks like and just your steering setup looks like that would be great.

thanks,
nate
Old 03-31-2002, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

HELLO RSX,

SOUNDS LIKE A BINDING PROBLEM WITH THE STEERING.FIRST OF ALL UN HOOK THE SERVO SAVER AND FEEL FROM MOVING LEFT TO RIGHT AND SEE IF IT IS FREE.USUALLY IF THE KING PIN SCREW FOR THE STEERING KNUCKLES ARE TIGHTEN TOO MUCH IT WILL BIND EITHER SIDES,PENDING HOW TIGHT IT WAS TIGHTEN.I CHECK THEM INDIVIDUALLY FROM THE KUCKLES THEM SELVES TO THE STEERING LINKAGES FOR ANY BINDING.MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BEARINGS FOR YOUR STEERING POST TOO.

NOW IF EVERYTHING IS AS FREE AS IT CAN BE AND STILL NOT CENTERING,2 OTHER THINGS MAY FAIL ON YOU AT THIS POINT WHICH IS THE SERVO SAVER OR THE SERVO.
CHEAPEST THING TO REPLACE IS YOUR SERVO SAVER.I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A KIMBOUROUGH ,OR THE TAMIYA H/D SERVO SAVER WHICH IS RELIABLE ALL THE TIME.HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU.IF NOT IF ONLY PICS CAN,LET ME KNOW.REPLACING THE SERVO WOULD BE THE LAST ITEM ON THE LIST.I USE A FUTABA 9402S FOR RELIABILITY,STRENGTH AND SPEED.

CHRISMAN
Old 03-31-2002, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

yes thats the car, it was released in NOV 2001.its shafted based with the same front and rear bulkheads.! Wow that thing is cool!
Old 03-31-2002, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

i haven't been able to try them since im not home but i think it might be my saver, cause i have a new servo tried 2 others just in case and it might be the kingpin and i have bearings in my steering post

thanx
nate
Old 03-31-2002, 08:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had a Lab late last year for a bit and I bought a bunch of 64 pitch pinions and spurs. I sold the Lab, but have not used the gears since then...if someone is interested in buying them drop me an email. I will make you a good deal. They are all basically new.
-s
Old 04-01-2002, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

chrisman- Good call on the advise. See ya this Fri. for the big race.

I like your batts. They have more runtime than mine. You gonna use them all? Hint, hint...

Who else is commin?
Old 04-01-2002, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Mytxx,

Hee!!hee!!..u found some power eh!!
Will see if I be running stk and mod.U running both classes..it's going to be a long wait,u know what I mean.
Last Sat race was a good show done by Mike and Korgae.
Man....too close.Hats down for Mike who had a bad marshalling but came all the way back from 5th to first and won by the mm..thru the finish line.Thanks to this 2 racers that keeps us wanting to be in the competition.A good show down between Schumacher and Losi.

Also we should thank Korgae for the generous give aways that he has.THANKS man.Those spur sizes are hard to get now locally...
See u all at the track this Friday for practice.Hey Mytxx...call me.I have to baby sit all day till late.We'll need a table for us.cya!!...

Chrisman>
Old 04-02-2002, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

hey _neas_ i am VERY INTERESTED in buying those pinions and spurs, how much are you asking for????

also could someone tell me there lengthes of there steering linkages cause the stock longths dont work that well also i have to check on servo savers cause lostening the kingpins didnt work so i hope that it will fix it

wish me luck!!

nate
Old 04-03-2002, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

alright last question,

when you guys bought your lab what did you change on the chassis (adjusted anything different did anything to the drive shaft because since no one at my track runs this car you are my only help and you cant see my car. the reason for me asking is so i can have a very fast and very good turning car, in other words DIALED!!!!!!! i just ordered from speedtech the HD front arms and plastic out drives, i also did the thing that MYXTYPLYX said to chack and my diffs ran freely without binding. just any help would be the best

thanx
nate
P.S. WRITE BACK WITH SOME ANSWERS B FORE SATURDAY PLEASE
Old 04-04-2002, 02:11 AM
Tech Addict

RSX Type 7even- Hey no need to make it your last question. Keep asking if you need help or feel free to make comments about your findings that might help others.

Some things you might want to check:

Make sure the rear belt is clearing the rear upper plate. I had to shave some material off mine so the belt doesn't rub on it.

The pulley gears should have a bit of play on the spur gear shaft. If not then they could be rubbing against the bearing or motor mount and could be robbing you of power.

Try to keep all your camber links as straight as possible by shimming the ball studs. this will keep your suspension working as free as possible.

Your shocks should stand up as straight as you can get it without making the support too flimsy. The shocks should be free on their mounts and not binding. A free suspension is a must if you want the car to react properlly to your tunning changes.

If your run stock, try dialling your radio so that the car starts to move forward while in neutral, then back it off a notch. This will reduce motor break that stock motors tend to have. It will allow the car to roll through the corners and give you more corner speed. It will also allow you to get on the throttle faster.

If you set up your car like I have said before, try driving the car as hard as you can go (cleanly). Get on the gas earlier than your used to.

About your steering problem, check the output gear on your servo. If this is stipped, it will skip on your servo saver and keep your streering from returning to center. If your output gear is metal or is OK, check the servo saver where the output gear meets it.

Let us know how you do and if anything here helps you.
Good luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.