Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2001, 09:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Jack .. u will get them next time

myx... primera?... protoform?... bulkheads done, i will give it to chris when i see him and u can get it from him, maybe we can meet at chris's place friday, and no i can't go this sat.

Jzone ...did u pass the Team Xtreme initiation test?... so u r an official member? J/K.. don't worry bud, its only a few boards...
Old 10-24-2001, 12:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks MYXTYPLYX i'll try that

Indoor starts for me in two weeks so i need a good setupe for indoor, so my question is if you have a good setup can you post? by the way my indoor track is in between smooth and bumpy. thanks

7even
Old 10-24-2001, 04:27 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What is up with RC Car Action? In the latest issue they test supposedly the top 11 RC race cars. Guess what, they forgot about us RC Lab Seven owners. Not a mention anywhere. I plan to at least e-mail them and say "What's up with that?"

Cmotif <><
Old 10-24-2001, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cmotif
What is up with RC Car Action? In the latest issue they test supposedly the top 11 RC race cars. Guess what, they forgot about us RC Lab Seven owners.
What's an RC Lab Seven? Is it some kind of car?

Trips
Old 10-25-2001, 01:58 PM
Tech Initiate

What is up with RC Car Action? In the latest issue they test supposedly the top 11 RC race cars. Guess what, they forgot about us RC Lab Seven owners. Not a mention anywhere. I plan to at least e-mail them and say "What's up with that?"
cmotif -

we already chatted with one of the RCCA staff, they said that they contacted RCLAB staff for the shootout, but they never sent out the kit for them to test

heres the exact quote from derek bueno :

We selected the TCs that are readily available in the US. We contacted RClabs but we did not receive are car for the Shootout. All the other cars listed in this thread are very hard or not available in the US.

their site is getting really hostile now, their becoming control freaks and deleting posts and acting downright rude...guess i may have to find a new home...
Old 10-25-2001, 02:09 PM
Tech Initiate

hey chrisman, hook up some anodized parts man!!!
Old 10-25-2001, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Everyone,

looks like there's a few post since I was away......time to catch up a little.Lets see....cizzler..you need some anodized part??...which ones?..I can get them anodize for you ...depending on what my pal would charge...it's not dificult either.Let me know..e-mail me.
As for the photo shoot out.....if rcca had contacted RCLAB USA for the car,and it was not sent...I guess maybe there's a explanation to it.I'm sure Rclab USA would want a good write up on the car and promote more sales.Maybe this current 6.0 version is not ready for a write up,but possibly they might be waiting for the version 2 which will be a better.Who knows..??? but the thread here will keep on going anyways.I'm planning to do more pics of anodize 5.2ttt,6.0 and 6.0 v2 for all of you to drol on ...got to tease a little...hee!hee!!makes it more fun reading and enjoying the site.See ya all...

Chrisman
Old 10-25-2001, 08:39 PM
Tech Initiate

lotta smilies in that last post chrisman!
btw, you misspelled my name LOL! haha
i will contact you....
Old 10-25-2001, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone racing on carpet with rubber tires? I have been runnig the stock setup but have switched to the 5 degree hub carriers and moved the front shocks out to get more steering but I am looking for a little more corner speed. I managed to TQ and win the A the first two weeks of the season but like everyone else I want to go faster! What springs fit the kit shocks or what shocks fit the seven?
Old 10-25-2001, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Ottoman,

This is great news that you Tq in stock.Springs that will fit stock shocks are from Kyosho.I used them a lot.Some thing in that spring which keep me going back to it.Other shocks like tamiya low friction and the trf ones works.Check the pics on the thread,you'll see Associated tc3 ones works too...
I have a good set up for a high bite,bumpy carpet set up.E-mail me so I can attach my set up to you.(much easier...)less typing.

Hey Chizzler,

I got your name right now...
Just a typo......No harm done.

Chrisman:
Old 10-27-2001, 03:41 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know what the final drive ratio is for the 6.0 Pro version 2? Trying to fine tune and I need the ratio so I can get the desired gearing.
Old 10-27-2001, 10:12 PM
Regional Moderator

The final drive ratio for Ver 2 is 2.133.
Old 10-27-2001, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is anyone having problems with excessive play in their CVD's? I have race my 7even two nights on carpet and practiced about one race days worth and my CVD's seem to have a lot of play in them. I dont remember them being this loose when I put the car together. I hope this is not going to be a problem with the 7even.
Old 10-28-2001, 11:11 PM
Tech Addict

Hey all,

How's everyone's weekend?

We had a great /fun race this Sat. (minus 1...Monsoon...) The car is slowly gaining popularity as 1 more from our area is picking up the 7even as the ride of choice. Tristan is comming to the dark side from the TC3. He is improving fast as he has taken t.q. and several wins in the stock sportsman class in the past few outings. Get this, he's only been in the hobby 3 months. He should be joining us here shortly once he picks up his 5.2ttt kit and builds it.

As for racing update, we has great turnouts as there were full grids of "A" and "B" mains in most of the classes. Chrisman finished 4th(correct me if I'm wrong) in mod "A" main. Jzone came late, no practice, almost missed the 1st quallifyer and got taken out of the lead in the 2nd "B" main. The first 1 got scrapped with computer problems.
Yours trully got cought in the 1st and 2nd lap pileups to try and battle back from last place. I fought my way back to 2nd in the mod "A" main.

If you want an example of just how tough this car is... In the mod "A" main, a car went out of control and was going full throttle down the straight in the opposite direction, with an 8 turn motor! I was going full out going in the right direction and WHAM!!! The out of control car was a TC3 and all his suspension on 1 side was ripped off from the chassis! I on the other hand was about 5th and still managed to keep going and pick off a few more positions.

If you have any stories of your car surviving any crazy situations, share it with us. We'd like to hear about it.

The 7even is certainly drawing alot of attention both on and off the track. I do believe Crisman will be posting more pics for all to look at soon.

I'll post setup and findings shortly...

Till then...
Old 10-29-2001, 12:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

myx.. sorry man, i had hockey saturday... this saturday is ok, is there racing ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.