Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default New to VTA

[ATTACH]Attachment 808978[/ATTACH]New to VTA Racing... racing tomorrow...
66 mustang body, speed passion esc,TT01E chassis, intellect 3800mah 50c lipo...

As you can tell I suck at painting and to glue tires...

If anyone one has any tips for this newbie....please feel free to pass them on...
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-vta.tt01.66.2.jpg  
Old 09-17-2011, 07:44 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default Good VTA Racing

We had some very good VTA racing at the races in Winfield, IL today.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

2011 USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS IN MUSIC CITY, USA

Friday Sept 23rd
Track opens at 3pm for practice
Pit setup for paid entries
You can pay and signup as well
Track closes at 10pm

Saturday Sept 24th
Track opens at 7am for practice
signups close at 11am
concourse at 12 noon
National Anthem at 12:30pm
followed by drivers meeting
1st round of qualifiers at 1pm
Domino Pizza,drinks, and cookies served
Event t-shirts sold
1st round of quals for VTA will be IFMAR, to help sort racers
2nd and 3rd quals will be heads up with resorts
1 hour after last qual for the day I will remain for practice

Sunday Sept 25th
Track opens at 7am for practice
LCQ at 11am
Mains to follow
Triple A-mains for VTA and USGT
random prizes will be drawn during the day
All awards and trophies will be given out at the end of the day

This will be one of the best races you could ever attend, come on out and take part in what is sure to be one of the best races I have even been part of. Thanks to Thunder and Myron for hosting this HUGE event.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ska_seattle
[ATTACH]Attachment 808978[/ATTACH]New to VTA Racing... racing tomorrow...
66 mustang body, speed passion esc,TT01E chassis, intellect 3800mah 50c lipo...

As you can tell I suck at painting and to glue tires...

If anyone one has any tips for this newbie....please feel free to pass them on...
It looks good to me.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Default 2011 USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS IN MUSIC CITY,USA

TICK TOCK!!!!!THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGAN!!!!!!!!
We are less than week away for the 2011 USVTA Southern Nationals in Music City, USA....
Make those last preparations...and get that $49.99 room from Sleep Inn, paint that slick VTA,USGT or TC body, mount those tires, get em scuffed, plan on being extremely happy racing with ppl from all over...Get everything you need done by Wed, so you can attend the event everyone is talking about

Guys I want to thank all of the 156 entries and 129 ppl that contacted me about attending this event. Rather you are attending or not, it just goes to show that on-road is alive and kicking....kicking HARD!!!..and with classes like VTA and GT, its on the rise.

You guys did a great job in helping me promote and push myself to make sure this event didnt just become a MSR...lol..we are truly about to make some great things happen this weekend.

My hat goes off to the USVTA and everything it stands for, and thank you for letting me be a part of it..

To all the sponsors....you are a blessing, most ppl know I dont mind spending, but getting a little help is a good thing when explaining to the wifey where extra $500 went...lol

I hope you guys are READY....lets shake the RC world and show them the 2011 USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS deserve the reconition of a NATIONAL LEVEL EVENT......PREPARE YOURSELF......TICK TOCK ITS ALMOST HERE.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET THOSE LAST MINUTE ENTRIES IN OR CONTACT ME TO MAKE SURE YOU GET A SPOT....CYA IN 5 DAYS.....:
Old 09-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is sure to be the event to attend, if you are not entered make plans to get to Nashville for this one, racers of any level do not want to miss it. Thanks for all the hard work Myron it shows and this is huge for all involved.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
TICK TOCK!!!!!THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGAN!!!!!!!!
We are less than week away for the 2011 USVTA Southern Nationals in Music City, USA....
DUDES, I AM STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait! Once this is over, I PRAY TO GOD that he stops spamming the forum(s) and stops spamming my PM box.

Seriously, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the class. That said, I CANNOT STAND your methods. Have they worked(?) - that's for you to determine, but how many others have they offended?

I will not be there. I enjoy the VTA Class at my home track, but have enough competition that I do not require travel to enjoy my hobby.

Regardless, enjoy your race, just stop spamming.

-Drew
Old 09-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

wow
Old 09-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

wow as well....

guess he subscribes to the big fish, little pond theory - why travel and see how good you are/can be, when you can stay at home and beat (or loose to) the same guys week in/week out

I've NEVER been PM'ed by him, so you must have asked Darkside to contact you..

never seen you post here before - go back under your rock
Old 09-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wow #2. Somebody needs a diaper change. Maybe one reason you see such a huge effort on Darksides part is that VERY few people would ever make that kind of commitment to raise awareness of VTA....AND give VTA racers a chance to be part of a large scale event. Maybe...just maybe....you should put your opinions aside and learn to appreciate someones hard work. Then again....you could just take a back seat and enjoy it while it lasts until it slowly fades away because of a lack of growth and excitement for the class.
Gotta wonder where NASCAR would be today without some major PR over the years.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

1 in every crowd....or more in certain areas
Old 09-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry.

To everyone going: Enjoy the race!

I love his commitment. I think he is a great proponent of the hobby, I just don't think every thread regarding VTA in the Southeast should be spammed with advertisement.

(And) while my opinion is not important to you (in the least), I would like my RCTech PM box to be free of spam. No, I have never contacted DARKSIDE before.
This has not been stated before (thread spamming)?

Please forgive me for my opinion. I stand by my statements and so I 'sign':

-Drew
Old 09-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

Default sorry

Drew, Im sorry I offended you. I did send you a PM, as well as most of the VTA racers at Hotshots and around 20 other tracks across the country. It wasnt meant to get anybody upset. As you can tell ,me with around 80 guys are very hyped about finally getting a National level onroad race close to home or just a chance that didnt present itself before to be a part of.

This race has taking alot out of me and my family and I constantly post/spamm info to make sure I dont miss anything. That every moment of this weekend is very well planned and that every racer gets all the correct info, and ultimately enjoys themself, to the fullest.

for those of you that dont get it...I DONT OWN THE TRACK...Im a racer that puts together races for onroad RC racing ,mostly VTA out of my own pocket..and my wifes and 2 girls pocket. By most of us always racing for "FUN", this is my way of saying thank you to all of you that pay your $20 entry for bragging rights...

But I wont drag this on...this event is only days away....and I plan on making sure every racer that comes and even those that dont, that they will know that somebody out there gives a shit about the onroad program and VTA. And that they are willing to go the extra mile to make sure you and many more like you get a chance to shine in the spotlight of the RC racing comminity, if only for one weekend....the spotlight will shine on the

2011 USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS IN MUSIC CITY, USA...and every racer that wants a turn to let the lights shine on them....

Thank you, my name is Myron Kinnard, and Im a VTA racer....

this pm ?

hey whats up...its 2 weeks away....lets put on the event of the year with the 2011 USVTA Southern Nationals in Music City, USA....

Let me know if you are coming and what you need...

thanks you for your support, it wouldnt happen without you...

Myron BATTMAN Kinnard

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 09-18-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:08 AM
Tech Champion

You can send me PMs. I am all in on this. Plus there should be a place for you to make post about stuff like VTA races. Somewhere that is just for that so only people who have interest in VTA will see it and others will not be annoyed. Oh yeah. Thats exactly where you posted it. OK carry on. These arent the droids youre looking for. Carry on.

Nashville VTA Baby!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Racing

Why would someone post something so negative about someone trying to promote a race? Just hit the delete button, or send him a PM asking him to take you off the list.

Myron has done a ton of work, don't discourage him by sending this crap across RC Tech!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.