Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was looking at the rules for weight and was wondering if i saw the correct weight. It show 1550 grams. Is this the weight we need to run or is it a typo?
Old 05-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
I was looking at the rules for weight and was wondering if i saw the correct weight. It show 1550 grams. Is this the weight we need to run or is it a typo?
if you are following the full USVTA rules, then yes, 1550g is the weight you need to run...

be prepared to add some weight to you chassis I had to add almost 100g to my exotek-chassis cyclone for the USVTA nationals...
Old 05-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ok thanks...i just wanted to make sure....

I have already weighted my car and i have to add like 80 grams
Old 05-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
I had to add almost 100g to my exotek-chassis cyclone for the USVTA nationals...
I had to also add 120+ grams at the Nationals, after having scaled my car at home to the proper 1550g. I'm still not convinced the scale used at the Nationals was 100% accurate.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Some fun times at Jackson's Memorial Weekend race running VTA. We finally had some warm weather here in NJ and the track came alive. The inverted layout during the A-main had some serious pucker factor at the end of the back straightaway.

Some cool pics of a few VTA cars from this race.....

Last edited by Greg Sharpe; 05-29-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

The second stop on the East Coast VTA TOUR certainly did NOT go as expected.... we arrived at the beach to subzero fog! However, the Brownie's crew put on their typically enthusiastic show, debuted their new road rail system, and soldiered through the weather to provide the racers with a memorable season opener! Thread posts start here...

Rob Bendall layed down the law in qualifying to take the TQ spot with George Fabbiani and Jay Franz rounding out the top three qualifying spots. As usual, John Brown spiced up the VTA A-main by inverting the grid AND having everyone run the track backwards without any practice laps! With one exception everyone finished where they officially qualified after some awesome battles as the field UN-INVERTED itself. Only yours truly was able to hang onto his inverted (and thus undeserved) starting position. After 8 minutes of unseasonably cold, ocean swept wind in our faces, the finishing order was George Fabbiani in 3rd, Greg Sharpe in 2nd, and Rob Bendall making the charge from "dead last" to take a well deserved win at Brownie's season opener and the 2nd stop on the East Coast VTA TOUR.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Some fun times at Jackson's Memorial Weekend race running VTA. We finally had some warm weather here in NJ and the track came alive. The inverted layout during the A-main had some serious pucker factor at the end of the back straightaway.

Some cool pics of a few VTA cars from this race.....
Was this 25.5?
Old 05-30-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Was this 25.5?
it was actually ROAR-spec'ed VTA - so any ROAR approved 21.5, ROAR sportsman speedo

VTA is a class at this year's ROAR paved Nationals - so this was a warm-up of sorts

if i didn't blow out a DCJ on my cyclone I would have been there as well
Old 05-30-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

This comment isn't meant to start an argument but I have to ask ....."why is ANYONE promoting or supporting major deviations from the official rules ?" If ROAR isn't using official VTA rules, we should be taking that as a slap in the face and NOT support it in any way. No offense but it just doesn't make sense to accept a forced division in a program that is the epicenter of spec enforcement.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Evoracer
This comment isn't meant to start an argument but I have to ask ....."why is ANYONE promoting or supporting major deviations from the official rules ?" If ROAR isn't using official VTA rules, we should be taking that as a slap in the face and NOT support it in any way. No offense but it just doesn't make sense to accept a forced division in a program that is the epicenter of spec enforcement.
because the ROAR class was created, with assistance from USVTA people, BEFORE the 25.5 rule was created, period end of discussion

there has been no efforts made to revamp the class to meet the new 25.5 rules...and even if there was, it would have to be OPEN, ROAR approved 25.5 motors - ROAR cannot restrict classes to one manufacturer, or list a manufacturers name in a class structer
Old 05-30-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

At ROAR races in te past, VTA has been poorly attended. I'm working hard to raise awareness and attendance at this years ROAR Nats so that OUR class (I run it too) is taken more seriously. In turn, we're trying to get ROAR to update the rules to full blown USVTA, and so far so good. As an aside, ROAR gave us (the Nats host) free reign to run whatever we wanted. Unfortunately, ALL of the clubs within three states of the Nats (in NJ) are still running the 21.5 motors. We wanted to ensure the racer count at the Nats is as healthy as possible by using the same rules that our surrounding clubs are using. The knock-on effect here is that some of these clubs are using the Nats as a deadline to change over to the 25.5 rule set! So in the end, this will be a good thing for VTA in this particular area.

P.s.- the video is 21.5 blinky @ 4.2.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

I concur, It's not right.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

21.5 at the ROAR nats isn't good for the future.

Some people are going to see that, think it's a good idea, go buy a 21.5 motor and then find out the official rules specify a 25.5 motor. Hopefully everyone knows and understands the official rules are 25.5 and that the ROAR rules haven't been updated. Some people might feel a little deceived otherwise.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pejota

Some people are going to see that, think it's a good idea, go buy a 21.5 motor and then find out the official rules specify a 25.5 motor. Hopefully everyone knows and understands the official rules are 25.5 and that the ROAR rules haven't been updated. Some people might feel a little deceived otherwise.
damn....i SOOOOO need and want to be sarcastic to this comment, but its not going to do anything more then stir the pot

let's just say, we have smart people around here who have already have 21.5 motors and UNDERSTAND (yes, believe it or not people actually CAN comprehend temporary things) this will all change

but since I am trying to control my urge to be a jerk about your short-sighted comment, i'll just quote what Sharpe posted 2 posts above your:

We wanted to ensure the racer count at the Nats is as healthy as possible by using the same rules that our surrounding clubs are using. The knock-on effect here is that some of these clubs are using the Nats as a deadline to change over to the 25.5 rule set! So in the end, this will be a good thing for VTA in this particular area.
and last I checked, Florida tracks run/ran their own brand of VTA - IF they still run VTA...they were the FIRST area that bucked the official VTA rules, by 'needing' to run 17.5 outside since the 21.5's were too slow

so area still running 21.5 isn't anything new - and since the 25.5 rules are only 8 months old, a lot of people still have 21.5 motors and a lot still have BOTH...i know I have both and after the ROAR nationals, i'll put it back in my car along with my GTB2 - but until July 31st, I'm running my novak 21.5 and my blinky tekin RS in my area...and, of course, i understand if I travel i'm not legal - but trust me, i'm well aware of the rules as are all of the drivers in my (and the track's) area

Old 05-30-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pejota

I guess i should have asked this...

Are you planning on going to the ROAR paved nationals?? If so, you need a 21.5 motor... Otherwise. It don't really effect you, huh?? If your track normally runs 25.5 then big deal - run your 25.5... No one is saying you have to run 21.5 becaus ROAR's class is spec'ed that

For one event, 4 days of racing - VTA is 21.5.. Then it's back to normal, so ain't nothing to worry about except yourself and your own program

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.