Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What will the FDR be with the 25.5 motor's
Old 12-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terryh1313
What will the FDR be with the 25.5 motor's
That's one of the beauties to the new spec...no FDR limitation. You are free to find what works best for your setup and track.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by k_bojar

.....its been an interesting 12 hours or so since they rules came out...everyone running the class is a little on edge trying to figure out how this will all play out
I'm not sure "interesting" is exactly the word.......
Old 12-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokefan
Dude do you realize you come off as being pretty "harsh" on here with your responses most people have questions, most have concerns they shouldn't be told to piss off basically if they don't like it.
I don't think he does realize how he comes across on here some times. Personally I went ahead and removed my responses earlier. Apparently Scott believes that if you are voicing your opinion and that opinion doesn't support the new rules then you are "bitching". To me it is easier to just get out of the conversation and to remove my posts than to have someone talk down to me whether it is intentional or not.

Actually, I could say that he and a lot of others "bitched" too much about the speeds being too fast since they don't agree with the way I feel about VTA. However I take it as him and others giving their opinion.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Wrong.

Folks that try to find solutions aren't bitching. Folks ranting "if so and so does this or that I'll quit"...THAT'S bitching. Or constantly on and on with the "how come's" that have been answered. And answered. And answered. Or the nit-picking search for loopholed "advantages" that really don't exist to point out how flawed the decision is. Or... You get the idea.

As far as the endless "it's going to cost money"...the decision has been made. It's going to cost the folks who initiated the change money too. And me. Get over it. Classes in RC have been changing (and costing money to do so) since the hobby started. Two years of a pretty much absolutely fixed formula hasn't been too bad in the history of RC, and pretty damn good when looking at the huge leaps in technology that we've been surviving through these last 2-3 years. The MOST this change can cost absolutely pales in comparison to some of the other changes we've been expected to adopt, and we've got a corporate partner in Novak who have stepped up and offered to help mitigate those costs. Admittedly they still benefit, overall, but I didn't have anybody offering me trade-ins "in the day" when we had the "motor of the month" going in Stock 27T racing, etc. Simple fact, adjusted for inflation you'll find that racing has never been as inexpensive as it is today.

I supported the formula I didn't like with my race dollars, I'll support the formula I (mostly) like with my race dollars and hope the majority of racers can look at the bigger picture and see it's for the best.

Then again, that's my opinion.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

To me, it just seens that the rules are been base on just one region or maybe two... Should have take in consideration other regions...
Don't get me wrong, I think the rules will benefit new comers in the budget and provide close racing, but as I explain in my post yesterday the new rules wont work for me. (at the moment)

Now just wait and see if ROAR changes their rules for TA... if they don't change them it'll probably help some tracks to post the rules that benefit the most to them and keep their existing local racers
Old 12-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Randy indicated that Tekin was willing to come out with a "spec" version of firmware with unique lights/chimes, so existing RS users wouldn't have to spend anything, and no new hardware would be required. And since it's still 2009 and the new rules don't take effect until Sept. 2010, there is plenty of time.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6446160-post7444.html
Even if it wasn't the RS I would rather run a spec version Tekin, I think they'd be willing to put something affordable together with fixed timing that would be on par with the other esc's.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Initiate

I agree with the new rules. I've been involved in RC racing for over 30 years and in these last 3 or 4 years there have been significant changes in the hobby thats made it tough for anybody to determine rules for any class of racing. I personally hope you don't have to make anymore changes for next ten years but the reality is sometimes rule changes have to be made because of changes in the hobby.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g12314
Dang it! I've been outed! (sorry, had to post something besides the current 25.5 / ESC topic)

Jimmy
yea, me too and all I did was provide some hardware for the tests.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I agree with commenting what you think. However this isnt a democracy and thats the reason it works. Everyone talks as if they were not gonna spend money on there R/C addiction anyway...Is there a better and more economical class out there right now,I mean be realistic this class continually brings new racers to the track and old racers for that matter. Now its just become even less exspensive and no one has to worry about the next guy just throwing money at the newest thinga ma jig to make him 1/10th faster. Now I know the cream will always rise to the top and if that happens to be you and your dominating week in and week out maybe you should move on to another class or handicap yourself. It seems everyone is more worried about losing there advantage than spending the little bit of cash to be compliant with the new rules....Next will be talking about clubs changing the rules to suit them and blah blah blah.....How big of an issue is this really.....
Old 12-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I just think if change is gonna happen then it needs to happen sooner then Sept 2110. Why not give us 3 mos? I mean seriously 9 mos , There will be guys changing ASAP and guys that wait till the last minute and the long lead time just allows more time for problems between those converted and those waiting to convert.

Lets reel the last minute in a little so everybody can get on the same page sooner. I mean the cats outta the bag here, people are slowly accepting the changes. Lets work to employ them sooner, is what it is.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
I just think if change is gonna happen then it needs to happen sooner then Sept 2110. Why not give us 3 mos? I mean seriously 9 mos , There will be guys changing ASAP and guys that wait till the last minute and the long lead time just allows more time for problems between those converted and those waiting to convert.

Lets reel the last minute in a little so everybody can get on the same page sooner. I mean the cats outta the bag here, people are slowly accepting the changes. Lets work to employ them sooner, is what it is.
Its hard to change in the middle of a season....However I would say that this change could be done or made at a club level and your club could determine the date of change....September is just when everything tends to kick off...The thing it will conflict with is outdoor...But its not to hard to have a race within a race like GT/prototype or lemans series racing to determine a winner with each combo...I would actually like to see results from that as i believe the new setup may win depending on track layout...
Old 12-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc

I agree with this but maybe change things up a bit. Maybe like do one change at first on a date then make another on a diffrent date. I think this way people could spread out the expense in the changes they have to make.

will the guy in the car have to be painted?
Old 12-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

will the guy in the car have to be painted?[/QUOTE]

Who says it has to be a guy, I'm thinking a chick with a helmet and to be safe 2 big airbags size DD of course
Old 12-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I had to laugh out loud at the "dork-o-meter" statement......

A driver's head/figurine inside the cars is considered dorky to the moon?

WE ARE GROWN MEN PLAYING WITH TOY CARS. It can't get any dorkier than that!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.