U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Old 05-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
however, if you choose to follow the USVTA rules and not make your own or expect your track to allow you to make your own rules, you NEED the novak motor.

Local track WILL NOT have problems enforcing the one motor rule - the ROAR rules will only apply to ROAR sanctioned event like a regional or nationals (which, btw, will not include VTA this year)

So stop coming into this thread and trying to change the rules. this has all been beaten to death over the last 6 months - and guess what, the UVSTA rules haven't change
In the spirit of authentic 1/10th scale vintage, I propose that motors be spec'd as 30.5 cu. in pushrod V-8s. Minimum weight to be 275 lbs. (without driver). All bodywork must be steel. 2.2-gallon fuel cell required.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

on a non 'let's-change-the-motor-rule' topic, has anyone seen the new McAllister bodies??

http://www.mcallisterracing.com/racing/page6.html

look kind cool

If that's the same '70 Mustang as the 'old' McAllister one I have seen it. It looks nice but it is HUGE. IMO wouldn't work on a 1/10 TC chassis.

EDIT: checked their site and it's 9" wide.

Last edited by reenmachine; 05-03-2009 at 07:55 PM. Reason: 9-incher
Old 05-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

....So stop coming into this thread and trying to change the rules. this has all been beaten to death over the last 6 months - and guess what, the UVSTA rules haven't change

At some point one must ask....if this subject keeps coming up as often as it does, then perhaps it is the rule that is at fault.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
If that's the same '70 Mustang as the 'old' McAllister one I have seen it. It looks nice but it is HUGE. IMO wouldn't work on a 1/10 TC chassis.

EDIT: checked their site and it's 9" wide.
I was just going to say that

but I still think its too wide - if you look like at the Hagerstown late model, that says 200mm is about 7 7/8" wide so these being 9" put these in the same realm as the Pegasus bodies
Old 05-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was just going to say that

but I still think its too wide - if you look like at the Hagerstown late model, that says 200mm is about 7 7/8" wide so these being 9" put these in the same realm as the Pegasus bodies
Just for curiosity I wonder how close that would come to a 235 mm chassis.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

So stop coming into this thread and trying to change the rules. this has all been beaten to death over the last 6 months - and guess what, the UVSTA rules haven't change
But the USVTA "rules" that tracks are following have changed (see above Spring Fling example). The VTA National race didn't tech motors, gear ratios, or battery capacity and we all got along fine.

I'm not lobbying to change any rule because they don't concern me. I just don't want a guy who just started racing VTA (ioyasm) blow another $80 when he has a perfectly good (and according to ROAR, a perfectly equal) motor already.

It's good to have consumer choices...
Old 05-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey, where's scooby horton when we need him?!?!?

C'mon scoob -- ask your famous question!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

so why does DODC (dirtoval dot com) rules state that you can only run a 13.5 novak from only 2 different motor tuners. because that's the RULE! heck we run 17.5 and 27t with lipo at our local track with a fixed gear on them. but when it comes to 21.5 it's novak only because that's the rule we can stick to.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by xevias
I'm not lobbying to change any rule because they don't concern me. I just don't want a guy who just started racing VTA (ioyasm) blow another $80 when he has a perfectly good (and according to ROAR, a perfectly equal) motor already.

It's good to have consumer choices...
yeah, but if its spec'ed at one thing - making 'allowances' will eventually kill the class. what allowance is next? 24mm slicks instead of the vintage tire because I don't like the vintage rims?

(and i'm not knocking ioyasm), but if he was that interested in running the class then he should have inquired what was allowed before buying anything

So what you're saying is that I should get a tekin 21.5 and try to run the oval class that is based on the novak 21.5 and I should be fine?
Old 05-04-2009, 04:01 AM
Tech Champion

oh i sure he's lurking around somewhere

He usually never misses an opportunity to chime in
Old 05-04-2009, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Shhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

you mean to tell me you guys have nothing else to talk/type about other than this "DEAD HORSE".....IF you dont comment on this subject..it will go away.....BTW...

how many of you raced this weekend?...

WHERES YOUR RACE REPORTS?
Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

I was in Savannah this weekend. I think my track got washed out anyway.

what allowance is next? 24mm slicks instead of the vintage tire because I don't like the vintage rims?
The thing is that you would have a significantly smaller contact patch with the narrow tire. 24or26mm

I would actually like to have a class at a local track that would be available instead of VTA. That would be more liberal on bodies and rims, but would still require HPI D compound treaded tires, and no wing or a severly cut back wing. The power rules would be the same and VTA cars would be legal in the class. Its just that they would be running with RX-7s and modern mustangs as well as VTA spec cars.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Here's a couple of YouTube videos from our 4/26 race....

Electric Vintage Qualifier....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Nitro Vintage Qualifier....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Thanks to TigeRyan for these videos....
Old 05-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I would actually like to have a class at a local track that would be available instead of VTA. That would be more liberal on bodies and rims, but would still require HPI D compound treaded tires, and no wing or a severly cut back wing. The power rules would be the same and VTA cars would be legal in the class. Its just that they would be running with RX-7s and modern mustangs as well as VTA spec cars.
Take a look at the RCGT class. We run them seperate from the USVTA class though....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.