Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Registered ours also but it hasn't shown up yet. Anybody monitoring the site?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
Battman does give 100%+ trying to grow our hobby and help get new racers into to racing. Props to you my friend. You've been a big factor in keeping RC racing alive locally ..and thanks for the indirect reminder to bring WW's son camaro body he won. My soon to be step son would rather sit in front of the xbox all day. he's not my blood & they won't let me beat him.

my son who is 11 was the youngest entry at the NATS. I think he was 34 th qualifier out of 51 cars. He was in the D -MAin. He likes the PS and x-box, but VTA has really kept him interested.

He sometimes gets bored waiting for the next race, so we just bring the PS with us and there always seems to be other kids around playing while waiting for their next race.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cool how is everything going? thats what normally happens here...still love the hat..
Old 04-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Registered ours also but it hasn't shown up yet. Anybody monitoring the site?
It's not an automated system, meaning I have to manually enter (in HTML) new tracks as they are submitted. Because USVTA nor R/C racing is not my primary focus, I usually only enter new tracks every couple of weeks to conserve the work needed in updating the site.

If you have filled out a form on the USVTA site, I have the info and will add it when I have a chance.

doug
Old 04-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikel33
+1 there. It is competition after all. I will absolutely not buy a speedo that is a downgrade from what I have now. Once you do that then its going to be the chassis next. I will run rcgt rather than TA. Speeds do seem much faster than 12-15 months ago, but that's progress for you. If you start down going backwards on ESC's then you're going to alienate a sizable number of drivers.

The one thing on ESC's that might be productive is not to allow variable timing like on the SPX. Those are just coming out and not so many people have them, but it needs to be done now.

Maybe also move the gearing on 21.5's up to 4.5.

As far as the 27t goes, unless you are willing to invest the time to cut comms and maintain the motor at a high level then you're just not going to be competitive. Progress is the way of the world and there is only so much you can do to make older technology competitive. I'm not saying its right, but that's the way it is.

I had said this would happen a few months ago. That's why I said to open the gear rule up so that way it wouldn't matter what speedo u have u can still be fast!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

so how did the VTA racing go at your track this past weekend?...wheres you race report?...
Old 04-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Scooby Horton1
I had said this would happen a few months ago. That's why I said to open the gear rule up so that way it wouldn't matter what speedo u have u can still be fast!
Im not speaking for Doug, but I know he has considered that. I also know that he has pondered the idea that eventually the 21.5 might be the only power option. Its in this thread if you want to dig through the post.

Pure speculation, but I figure when the 21.5 becomes the only allowed power option, thats when we will see a lift on the FDR limit and possibly a lift on the Novak only power.

I think Doug has other things on his plate right now besides worrying about this.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Even with the older escs, 4.5 is a lot more common than 4.2.

This makes me think of last fall when myself and some of the guys from our track were getting KILLED by some guys who were fast TCS 540 silver can racers at several Hurricane series races. One race they had like .3 a lap on us, on a little track. It was sad. I remember being really sad when I saw one of the guys was running a Orion Platinum 20c lipo in his car

We couldn't figure it out at first. Brutal ass beatings do make you want to work harder, so we just kept working. By the end of the series, we were definitely on pace. Most of that is due to going to the track and working on our cars. It looked like these guys had mad horsepower at first, but really their cars didn't slow down in the corner. They weren't over working their tires, and they had efficient chassis. I thought my car was pretty good, but it wasn't. Once the car is good, all this other stuff comes into play, but with a relatively slow motor, you need to have your car working.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
It's not an automated system, meaning I have to manually enter (in HTML) new tracks as they are submitted. Because USVTA nor R/C racing is not my primary focus, I usually only enter new tracks every couple of weeks to conserve the work needed in updating the site.

If you have filled out a form on the USVTA site, I have the info and will add it when I have a chance.

doug

Thanks Doug. Lookin forward to being on the list.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

looking for some old or new video...heres one ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwcbMt6bNWE
Old 04-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Club racing this Sunday !! Second meeting to run VTA cars. So looking forward to it. We'll try and get some pics. The Cuda will be trolling for something to eat ! TC4, Cyclone, Pro4....yummm. Should be a beautiful weekend day too.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Old 04-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Even with the older escs, 4.5 is a lot more common than 4.2.

This makes me think of last fall when myself and some of the guys from our track were getting KILLED by some guys who were fast TCS 540 silver can racers at several Hurricane series races. One race they had like .3 a lap on us, on a little track. It was sad. I remember being really sad when I saw one of the guys was running a Orion Platinum 20c lipo in his car

We couldn't figure it out at first. Brutal ass beatings do make you want to work harder, so we just kept working. By the end of the series, we were definitely on pace. Most of that is due to going to the track and working on our cars. It looked like these guys had mad horsepower at first, but really their cars didn't slow down in the corner. They weren't over working their tires, and they had efficient chassis. I thought my car was pretty good, but it wasn't. Once the car is good, all this other stuff comes into play, but with a relatively slow motor, you need to have your car working.
So let me get this straight. You can't just buy A main speed in a box, you have to work on your set-up and driving? That just doesn't sound right.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Set-up and driving? In a SPEC class? Unheard of!

Spring Fling coming Sunday @ Ft. Wayne
Old 04-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Who would of thunk it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.