Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
For anyone waiting on Novak Havok and the 21.5 combo Tower has it now, today, listed as available:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWLX1&P=ML

$150 bucks

I wonder if that means hobbyshops will also be getting their backorders in too?
bump ( this needs to stay on top )
Old 01-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

For anyone waiting on Novak Havok and the 21.5 combo Tower has it now, today, listed as available:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWLX1&P=ML

$150 bucks

I wonder if that means hobbyshops will also be getting their backorders in too?
Don't forget to use the coupon code on their home page for $20 off $149!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Holy moly, how can a local hobbyshop compete much less stay in business when their distributors can sell direct to the customer?

I just called my hobbyshop and their internal Tower/GP ordering site says it's still back ordered for them.

I'm the first to tell people to use their local store instead of going online......
Old 01-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Holy moly, how can a local hobbyshop compete much less stay in business when their distributors can sell direct to the customer?
Agreed - I was the owner of a local shop, and realized very quickly that keeping the doors open required taking a huge hit to my profit margins to stay competitive with my distributors. In short, local shops have to move a lot of product to stay in business. That being said, if you enjoy being able to visit your local hobby shop, patronize them as often as possible to help them keep the doors open - otherwise, you might see the number of shops and/or tracks dwindle, especially in these trying economic times.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jon Perkins
I take it you did not like my question....LOL... Just did not realize when asking a general question about motors for the vta that it would get sum panties bent out of shape.
Actually, the opposite is true. I'm sure Scooby approves of your post.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jon Perkins
I take it you did not like my question....LOL... Just did not realize when asking a general question about motors for the vta that it would get sum panties bent out of shape.

I love you!!
Old 01-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Its funny because Scooby asks that question once a page just to keep us on our toes.

Scooby, where's the pics of your TA car?
Here's a video. My car is the pink one. It's slow so it won't be hard to see!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqAdfo4-xFk
Old 01-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

I got 'em in stock. $149.99 and I'll take coupons. And offer service! They don't. That's how I compete.Hobbytown Indy. BC
Old 01-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

damn scooby you're such a hack! Wait, saw the pass on the OUTSIDE!!!!!! Bustin your chain bro, how you been? I'm enjoying semi-retirement from r/c but still got the itch. Got any good motors for slow guys like me?
Old 01-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

I just called my hobbyshop and their internal Tower/GP ordering site says it's still back ordered for them.

I'm the first to tell people to use their local store instead of going online......
That is one reason I think the store I am working in ,is going to stop caring RC stuff just had one of my guys I fly with got a new 2.4 futaba 12 ch radio for $10.00 more then I can buy it for .So what is the point of caring all the different stuff in stock.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeboy
That is one reason I think the store I am working in ,is going to stop caring RC stuff just had one of my guys I fly with got a new 2.4 futaba 12 ch radio for $10.00 more then I can buy it for .So what is the point of caring all the different stuff in stock.
It's tuff from both sides. I want to support my local shop, but I can't just blow extra money for the hell of it. I bought my radio, motor and ESC at the LHS because the prices difference was only like $10-$15 vs. online shipped.

But when it came to batteries, the LHS wanted $140 for Orion Carbon 3800 lipo when online it was $80. I'll support a LHS, but not just going to hand money over either.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

You can't race online. If everybody supported thier local hobby shops and tracks do you realize the places we would have to race at.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'm kind of out of the equation since I don't really have a LHS. Nobody within 2 hours of me carries Tamiya parts and that's what I run. Speedtech RC is the closest shop and I consider it to be my LHS. They support our club and sponsor our races, and so I buy as much of my stuff as I can from them. The rest I get from Tower because it's cheap.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

I under stand about everyone wanting the best price you can find on stuff that is fine with me . I am just P O that the companies I buy from as a dealer are under cutting the stores they deal with. Like Tower/Greatplanes .I got customers that tell me they got something for such a price and then I go and see how much it would cost me to order it .It is not worth it to me to order something in and then sell for peanuts above what we paid for it ,you got to figure the time we spend with the customer comes in effect to the sale too.
I cant compete with it . That is why I just do special orders now and not keeping stock in the store anymore .
Old 01-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gazza
damn scooby you're such a hack! Wait, saw the pass on the OUTSIDE!!!!!! Bustin your chain bro, how you been? I'm enjoying semi-retirement from r/c but still got the itch. Got any good motors for slow guys like me?
Hey wassup!! I got a good old monster for ya when your ready!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.