Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

He is coming to One Lug, he is just being difficult. I'll pack his VTA if he doesn't.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Kinda bad that the race will be decided by who has good tires and who can't get hooked up with a fresh set. Oh well it will still be fun. Just be sure you drive around me while I'm in a full four wheel slide in every corner at the four minute mark.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks.

But everyone needs to understand that hpi is a very strong supporter for this class. It's 90% of the bodies and all the tires and rims.

They had a simple change in management that made a wrong call. And its taking some time to get back on track.

"Hi I'm Bob the new mgr. What's your #1 selling tire.? .VTA tires you say. Well lets make sure the VTA class has the best. Lets give them the performance tires
cause in my mind "PERFORMANCE " means top of the line. And triple that order., Nan I love my new job. "

Bob got fired or moved to scale models

Not sure how close I am but something like that. And believe me hpi is feeling the sting from hate emails to the forum

I'm personally doing all I can to help this class as much as possible. And any and all my connection to help keep it going

Call me if you need further info
Myron BATTMAN
Old 02-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am coming to One Lug. I just don't know that I want to run VTA or not. I had to much fun with TC Sat I am wanting to run that as much as I can right now. I have not received a beating from Shaun Mac since the first offroad at Turtle so its time for another.

I will have my VTA and think I have a new set of tires if I want them. Grant???
Old 02-27-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I say we all go stand outside the HPI factory with flaming torches and pitch forks till they get back up to speed lol.....jk
Old 02-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Thanks.

But everyone needs to understand that hpi is a very strong supporter for this class. It's 90% of the bodies and all the tires and rims.

They had a simple change in management that made a wrong call. And its taking some time to get back on track.

"Hi I'm Bob the new mgr. What's your #1 selling tire.? .VTA tires you say. Well lets make sure the VTA class has the best. Lets give them the performance tires
cause in my mind "PERFORMANCE " means top of the line. And triple that order., Nan I love my new job. "

Bob got fired or moved to scale models

Not sure how close I am but something like that. And believe me hpi is feeling the sting from hate emails to the forum

I'm personally doing all I can to help this class as much as possible. And any and all my connection to help keep it going

Call me if you need further info
Myron BATTMAN
Myron we know you are doing everything possible. If bugging them is anything close to what its like with you supporting a VTA race I'm sure they are tired of hearing from you . You do work the VTA class very hard and we thank you for it.

Now lets do something to get the governing bodies of USVTA to stop the monopoly.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MCSEDanny
I am coming to One Lug. I just don't know that I want to run VTA or not. I had to much fun with TC Sat I am wanting to run that as much as I can right now. I have not received a beating from Shaun Mac since the first offroad at Turtle so its time for another.

I will have my VTA and think I have a new set of tires if I want them. Grant???
My tires will last through the weekend no problem (only have 2 race nights and 2 practice nights on them), and yes, that spare set is yours. Just need to glue them up. Melvin has my other spare set, Daniel has my last set of fronts, I still have a set of rears NIP, and a set of well worn that will probably become practice set so I don't put extra time on my good set. We will also see how much VTA we are running after the series...we can probably wait for new tires to come in.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

cool if all goes well we should have a fleet of USVTA cars at One Lug this Saturday...sounds like some good racing
Old 02-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Default One Lug Carpet Showdown

and for anybody looking for some USVTA action....crews are gathering from TN KY AL and GA and more Im sure to attend this event....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/alabama-...raceway-6.html

Alright Carpet Racers here is our one Big Race this year. There will be awards and lots of giveaways for this race! This will be an Onroad and Oval Race.

Saturday, March 3, 2012
Signup Ends: 11am
Races Start: 12pm

One Lug Raceway
5370 Hwy 431
Albertville AL 35950

256-660-0701
[email protected]

Onroad Classes

VTA
17.5 Blinky TC
Tamiya Mini
F1

Oval Classes

17.5 Sportsman Truck
Stock BRP
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-rc-race-car-myron-010.jpg  
Old 02-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Myron we know you are doing everything possible. If bugging them is anything close to what its like with you supporting a VTA race I'm sure they are tired of hearing from you . You do work the VTA class very hard and we thank you for it.

Now lets do something to get the governing bodies of USVTA to stop the monopoly.
+1000%
Old 02-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

While I can easily understand the sentiment here, and most of the time in most cases monopolies are bad for the consumer, but in this case the tires are not expensive and we are not being gouged. I really cant support allowing another tire into the rules. There is too much consisitency and too much benefit from having one tire across the board. I can see a local club allowing the other HPI tires in temporarily or for that matter D-compound Xpatterns, only until this gets sorted out, but I cant see changing the national rule set permanently just to fix this short term issue.

But I do see merit to keeping the racing going and not losing momentum even of you have to make some provisional allowances. And everyone will know that when there are legal tires hanging on the shelf then the provisional allowance is over. Back to the National rule set.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
While I can easily understand the sentiment here, and most of the time in most cases monopolies are bad for the consumer, but in this case the tires are not expensive and we are not being gouged. I really cant support allowing another tire into the rules. There is too much consisitency and too much benefit from having one tire across the board. I can see a local club allowing the other HPI tires in temporarily or for that matter D-compound Xpatterns, only until this gets sorted out, but I cant see changing the national rule set permanently just to fix this short term issue.

But I do see merit to keeping the racing going and not losing momentum even of you have to make some provisional allowances. And everyone will know that when there are legal tires hanging on the shelf then the provisional allowance is over. Back to the National rule set.
When did this become short term? We are months into this with no end in the near future. If we had an alternative then we wouldn't be having this discussion. HPI has proven they can not keep up with the demand so an alternate tire would be great insurance that we can keep racing and this class would keep growing. If you had a lawnmower that you couldn't get a blade for and the manufacturer didn't seem to be in any real hurry to get you one you would probably look elsewhere for a blade or maybe even buy a different lawnmower. Why is it necessary to run one tire? I'm not saying go to open tire or anything like that. Just two choices would be nice. We have choices everywhere else in the rules why not a tire option?

Only problem with a temporary tire is how quick do people have to change back? If I buy a set of x patterns today and by some odd stroke of luck everyone has the vta tires next week am I expected to spend more money next week for more tires? Not to mention I'm left with a useless set of x patterns. It may take people a few months to wear out a set of tires. If they are required to switch back and spend more money then there goes the theory of budget racing.

Maybe there could be a change that says vta tires must be used but if they are not available then X tire can be used until they are worn out then they should be replaced with the vta tire. An officially recognized alternative would prevent anything like this in the future. It also gives tracks a standard alternative instead of one track running slick tires and another running the performance compound and another track being hard core and not allowing anything.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

I guess I'm getting a little off track. What I am asking or is an officially recognized alternative tire given the chance that the vta tires aren't available. If your local shop is out of the vta tires then you don't need to drive across town to get a set you can run X tire until the vta tires are restocked.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trouble is, the HPI VTA tire is rim specific. Even if your club would allow X patterns while they refill their orders, we'd have to go and buy rims too (AFAIK) for the X's.
Mike
Old 02-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

the other problem with an "alternative" tire is NO ONE MAKES THEM - HPI is the only one that makes the tire, no one else makes them...so its HPI or nothing...

unless someone has a line/connection with another tire manufacturer that can make a similar tire, with similar performance, then we are HPI's mercy..

its been a long discussed thing that Myron brought up - a change in management made a bad decision/error on which tires to produce and now we, the consumers, are suffering

in case no one ever noticed - right around the time before/after ANY big event there are shortages of parts...anyone remember brushed motors?? remember how certain brushes weren't available leading up to the snowbirds because everyone going had to buy them? or 12th scaler's, how about foam tire shortages leading up to the IIC or snowbirds??

it happens all the time - this is nothing new...just be patient and all will be good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.