Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Old 01-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Here is a page right out of the ROAR Rule Book for the VTA Class. Keep in mind that for the 2012 Carpet Nationals race, the motor requirement will be changed to 25.5 Turn brushless motors only.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

For such a fun class so many people go out of there way to mess with it
Old 01-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Last edited by GP40X; 01-01-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Yes I know what the 08 rules were, I ran VTA in 08. Just nevermind...point of post was completely missed.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

More USVTA action from Sioux Falls SD.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
For such a fun class so many people go out of there way to mess with it
Its really amazing to watch the evolution of the class since it started on brushed Nimh technology and faced many growing pains to get to where it is today. The current rule set is the finest definition of the class that any have ever seen. We also have the largest number of people who actually understand what the class is about instead of just "Muscle car" racing. Not to be a snob of "Muscle Car" racing but it is a shallow vision of what we are doing here.

In the past few years I have come from being a person who wanted his own tweaks to being a person who understands and appreciates the class in its current form. I still will not get upset if a local club allows any brand of 25.5, ROAR blinky ESC's, or Pantera and Vette bodies, as long as Robk defends the national rule set it will remain as a template to keep clubs compatible and to provide a standard format for large, regional, or national races.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Here is a page right out of the ROAR Rule Book for the VTA Class. Keep in mind that for the 2012 Carpet Nationals race, the motor requirement will be changed to 25.5 Turn brushless motors only.
Just a note to let the VTA class racers know that these rules are NOT the final version for the 2012 Carpet Nationals.

I am currently working with several different people who race this class and will have updated rules very soon - very soon. ROBK is one of those key people.

At the moment I see no reason why ROAR's rule should vary from a successful and established class.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocketron
At the moment I see no reason why ROAR's rule should vary from a successful and established class.
because ROAR CANNOT show favortism to one manufacturer over another - ie, novak 25.5 motors over SpeedPassion 25.5, or Revtech 25.5 for example..even the HPI tires are not id'ed by HPI part number or brand name - but the dimensions of the tires will ONLY match the HPI tires

So for a ROAR event, speedos and motors will still be 'open' as long as they are ROAR approved - and speedos are on the sportsmans speedo list

unless you all find a 'loophole' in the rules that will allow spec'ing one manufacturer's motor over another...Plus remember, the motors and batteries still have to pass ROAR tech...even at the paved Nationals this past year, VTA guys had to get their motors/batteries teched and approved..
Old 01-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

This is an insanely fun class, both to run and to watch.

Why is this not an insanely fun thread?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
This is an insanely fun class, both to run and to watch.

Why is this not an insanely fun thread?
+1
Old 01-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

hey guys lets not fuss over this...ROAR is ROAR and USVTA is USVTA....we have several large national level events that get plenty of attention by major sponsors and top level racers....if you are a true USVTA racer, just support them....and not worry about the rest.

I try and attend all VTA races, but if the rules are to far off...I wont go, that simple...example...went to the Region 5 ROAR race in Indy(RC Car)...great event...but they ran USVTA except driver and esc( ROAR list)...and top 5 raced Novak or Speedpassion esc, and all had Novak 25.5....close enough that I dont have to buy anything to be faster or worry that the guy running brand X motor is winning cause he not running a Novak....and dont think guys didnt go grap a Tekin,LRP, or Black Dimond to try and gain an advantage...didnt work...

so if you dont agree with the ROAR rules, dont go...we have at least 3-5 major USVTA events we can attend and be true VTA

Snowbirds Nationals
USVTA Scale Championships
USVTA Pavement Nationals
USVTA Southern Nationals
SEVTA Championships

all that are willing and do run full USVTA rules...come get some
Old 01-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Wow, I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts. I figured people would be excited that we managed to move closer to USVTA with the motor choice, not promoting boycotting the race because it isn't exactly what they think is best.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

hey guys lets not fuss over this...ROAR is ROAR and USVTA is USVTA....we have several large national level events that get plenty of attention by major sponsors and top level racers....if you are a true USVTA racer, just support them....and not worry about the rest.

ok thats sounds off...what Im saying is that the ROAR rules are what they are..and dont keep fussing over it...it is what it is...but the event has added 25.5 to get closer to USVTA, and thats cool..and if that works out better for you..please support it...

but if you feel that the VTA class isnt getting a fair shake(national events), attend one of the events that Ive listed or others that might be running full USVTA rules...

I wasnt and would not attack anybodies race.....I support all onroad events rather I attend or not....but I also look to see USVTA continue to gain ground and gets is just due....the USVTA has things in place for a reason...and ROAR does too...but Im a USVTA guy all day every day...

good luck with the event and I hope the VTA racers show up and show out...
Old 01-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE

I try and attend all VTA races, but if the rules are to far off...I wont go, that simple...example...went to the Region 5 ROAR race in Indy(RC Car)...great event...but they ran USVTA except driver and esc( ROAR list)...and top 5 raced Novak or Speedpassion esc, and all had Novak 25.5....close enough that I dont have to buy anything to be faster or worry that the guy running brand X motor is winning cause he not running a Novak....and dont think guys didnt go grap a Tekin,LRP, or Black Dimond to try and gain an advantage...didnt work...

so if you dont agree with the ROAR rules, dont go...we have at least 3-5 major USVTA events we can attend and be true VTA

Snowbirds Nationals
USVTA Scale Championships
USVTA Pavement Nationals
USVTA Southern Nationals
SEVTA Championships

all that are willing and do run full USVTA rules...come get some

I didn't have a USVTA speedo at Indy so I ran my black diamond in blinky mode. It wasn't to get an advantage like you said, it was to be able to run the class at Indy. I knew the speed control wasn't going to give me an advantage and that the non adjustable speedo controls are no slower. The fact I qualified 4th behind a citrix and a couple novaks was the point I was trying to make. As long as you don't cheat, the roar spec speed control list works even though some manufactures tried to break the rules and got caught. I also did it because it's sort of stupid to run a $350 speed control in the USVTA class, which was to make a comment on over spending for spec racing because it was in a $275 T3R fiberglass xray that I raced it in. I understand RobK's reasons for the list and it makes life easy for the race directors knowing that even if someone wanted to cheat they can't. I also understand the motor ruling that if someone came out with a motor of the week that gave a tenth in a class that can be won and lost by a tenth then that is a good thing to have one motor spec. But if brushless motors had better specs to them (even roar can't spec them enough to make them equal between manufacturers) then having only one brand is the best option to keep costs down. This even applies in full size racing like the Barber Saab race series were all cars have a Saab engine in them. So you can't say that USVTA should open up the motor rules.

Personally I think that even suggesting you shouldn't go to the roar nats if you don't like the roar rules is archaic and lacking vision. The point is to race at a national level event and show that this is a class that should be AT ALL national level events with full support of all racers that enjoy this class. The Novak Ballistic is a performance motor on par with any other motor out there. To go to this race and not expect your USVTA spec equipment to be capable of competing because someone might have a black diamond and a trinity 25.5 in their car is a mind game on yourself.

Support the Roar Nats with understanding that maybe next years rules will be more inline with the True USVTA spec with the knowledge that change at this level takes SUPPORT and time.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Like Ron said, we are getting the rule sets to be as close as possible.

I'm sure that it will be a fun race, and there is no reason not to attend. Support these guys, as they asked to have VTA as a class for the nationals.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.