Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tightlines
New to on road and VTA, I am building a car now and I have a question. When I installed my front wheels the back of the rim is rubbing on the top turn buckle ball cup. What options do I have to make the rims clear them and still have full contact with the hex drives? Thanks
Depending on the car you're using, you could try a wider hex. Looks like you could use a shorter spacer under the ball link then just play with the camber adjustment at the other end too.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Yeah. The red wire does nothing for vta. Only purple heatsinks.
I have a purple ring on mine and it tripled my speed! It's mainly to match the Schumacher purple chassis bits which also make a car faster.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Here is a picture, hex nut not tightened yet.
Is it the ball stud that is too high or only the ball cup? Also looks like you may have a shim below the ball stud. You can use a thinner shim and grind the back of the ball stud for clearance.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

How many spacers are on that ball stud? looks like 2 spacers in pic....removing 1 would probably solve that
Old 03-02-2012, 05:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beemerfan
Depending on the car you're using, you could try a wider hex as well.
I have a TC5, any way you could tell me a part number for wider hexes. Btw, I will be contacting you as soon as I get my gt3b radio. Want to do the firmware update. I work pretty close to you in North Aurora, maybe I could drop it off.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
How many spacers are on that ball stud? looks like 2 spacers in pic....removing 1 would probably solve that
Thanks, I will check it out when I get home. This is my first on road chassis so I appreciate the help.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I have a TC5, any way you could tell me a part number for wider hexes. Btw, I will be contacting you as soon as I get my gt3b radio. Want to do the firmware update. I work pretty close to you in North Aurora, maybe I could drop it off.
Just checked my TC5 and im running no spacer under front ball studs and 1 under rears with plenty of room
Old 03-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

TRIPLED?!?!?!

I must have the wrong shade of purple.

Originally Posted by aarivers
I have a purple ring on mine and it tripled my speed! It's mainly to match the Schumacher purple chassis bits which also make a car faster.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Losi makes different width hexes for the JRX-S cars that should fit TC3 and TC4 cars. Not sure about the TC5. PM me about the radio. A drop off should be workable.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Losi makes different width hexes for the JRX-S cars that should fit TC3 and TC4 cars. Not sure about the TC5. PM me about the radio. A drop off should be workable.
3 Racing also makes some different width hexes that should fit the TC5 if you can't find the Losi ones. Link to parts
Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for all the info. I will take care of the issue this weekend.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Just picking up the running joke about the purple heat sinks from a few pages back. Thought people might get a laugh out of it. Guess I missed the Mark on this one.
I thought I missed out on something new...which usually means a crisis
Old 03-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk
I thought I missed out on something new...which usually means a crisis
Nope. just having a little fun. Since I can't have fun racing vta during the week (stupid weekdays) just having fun talking about vta.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Company Representative

Whenever VTA customers purchase or exchange a 25.5T motor from us---either SS Pro or Ballistic---it is built according to USVTA guidelines.

All of our stators, including our 25.5Ts are hand wound; all 25.5s have been wound with red wire, from the beginning. If VTA racers need to repair their motors, the original/standard service items are readily available.

We have a special VTA section in our on-line store, where we post only the electronics and replacement parts/optional items specified for USVTA.

TeamNovak USVTA Store

There should never be a need to choose one of these new performance upgrades:

epoxied stators
ceramic bearings
vented end bells
SmCo rotors

I knew about the Novak stators all being hand wound thing. But what I read on the Novak web site about red wire just seems to be that there is more attention to detail and quality checking on those stators. Epoxy dipped and red wire are two separate things that sell for the same price, which is slightly higher than the normal stators. Maybe it's just more of a marketing gimmick. I hope NovakTwo can weigh in here and explain it better for us. One thing I noticed is that there is no option on the current web site to purchase a red wire stator in 25.5. But how did I come to own one then? I picked up a used Ballistic and it came with a red wire stator in 25.5.

On another note... Old Dude you should read back about 5 pages. We just spent a lot of time on the tire discussion and it's definitely beating a dead horse at this point. Use the HPI vintage slicks or performance tires if you must, but the normal ones are going to start showing up again at distributors and on-line stores again by next week.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

You can use these:http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...yword=&pg_no=1 as well instead of new hexes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.