Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Hey DesertRat, I received an answer from the ROAR Committee. The 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats will be a pay-to-play event. No prior qualification needed. Just pay for the entry fee and ROAR membership and you're in.

Survey question: If a VTA Exhibition Class is offered at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats, and the rules are as close as possible to USVTA rules, then would you travel to Dallas on March 15 - 18, 2012 to participate in the VTA Race?
I am going to do my best to come down and run F1 and VTA. If I make it, I'm going to end up in the ZZ main and I'm going to have a blast!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well...there you go...
Old 12-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Thats an awesome list of links for batteries Rob. That had to have taken some time to put together.

Thank you.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We had another good race today:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

We had a race in Visalia, CA today. It looked about like this video for the whole ten minute main. Ryan led for a while, I led for a while, he roughed me up and then crashed the next lap in the same spot by himself, led, he passed me clean, I made a monster pass on him and then scrubbed out two corners later. He beat me by about 20 feet.

Somebody asked what kind of chassis I have, and somebody else in the pits said "A dinosaur!"

We had three cars, with five or six under construction right now.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I've been away from Novak since all the timing speedos started coming out a few years ago but just got a Novak Edge for vta/17.5blinky TC, what an awesome little speedo. Good job Novak,,now make a true 1cell this size for 1/12th!
Thanks
idbdoug
Old 12-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idbdoug
I've been away from Novak since all the timing speedos started coming out a few years ago but just got a Novak Edge for vta/17.5blinky TC, what an awesome little speedo. Good job Novak,,now make a true 1cell this size for 1/12th!
Thanks
idbdoug
If you use a receiver pack, it works fine on 1s.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Another video. Only Three cars this week.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
If you use a receiver pack, it works fine on 1s.
Yep,just wishing for a smaller 1-cell capable speedo but 1/2 the price of Lrp so i don't have to use a receiver pack or booster
idbdoug
Old 12-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I am taking a survey to see if there is enough nationwide interest in VTA to justify a VTA class in the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats. Please respond with "Definitely", "Maybe", or "Never". This event is a "pay-to-play", so you don't need to qualify to participate.

Question: If a VTA Exhibition Class is offered at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats, and the rules are as close as possible to USVTA rules, then would you travel to Dallas on March 15 - 18, 2012 to participate in the VTA Race?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

I could use some help from everyone on here. I am trying to develop a resource page that tells everything you need to get started not only in VTA but in RC in general. It is a work in progress, but I would like any of you to take a look at it and see if there is anything that it does not answer or does not answer all that well. This is intended for brand new people that want to get in. So I dont want to scare people away with $1500 worth of rc stuff to get going. Just let me know of any noob questions that I can address and anything that I could address better. Thanks for all of your help.

http://www.battlefieldraceway.com/VTA4noobs.html
Old 12-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I could use some help from everyone on here. I am trying to develop a resource page that tells everything you need to get started not only in VTA but in RC in general. It is a work in progress, but I would like any of you to take a look at it and see if there is anything that it does not answer or does not answer all that well. This is intended for brand new people that want to get in. So I dont want to scare people away with $1500 worth of rc stuff to get going. Just let me know of any noob questions that I can address and anything that I could address better. Thanks for all of your help.

http://www.battlefieldraceway.com/VTA4noobs.html
You may want to mention the 3 racing sakura zero s. Its a very competitive chassis for around 100. Local parts support is at hotshots in marietta. They are increasing their inventory weekly. We have at least 5 of these cars running there every week. It is plenty capable out of the box and can be fully upgraded to full carbon and aluminium status. Parts are also cheap. 30 bucks for a full set of threaded aluminium shocks. Carbon chassis for 40 etc etc. It will also be very competitive if someone wants to step into usgt or tc.

Sakuras took 3rd 4th and 5th in vta and 2nd and 3rd in usgt at the battlefield trophy race. These were all s models two of which had no upgrades. There was a sakura xi in the tc class buy I don't know where it finished.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 6376vette
You may want to mention the 3 racing sakura zero s. Its a very competitive chassis for around 100. Local parts support is at hotshots in marietta. They are increasing their inventory weekly. We have at least 5 of these cars running there every week. It is plenty capable out of the box and can be fully upgraded to full carbon and aluminium status. Parts are also cheap. 30 bucks for a full set of threaded aluminium shocks. Carbon chassis for 40 etc etc. It will also be very competitive if someone wants to step into usgt or tc.

Sakuras took 3rd 4th and 5th in vta and 2nd and 3rd in usgt at the battlefield trophy race. These were all s models two of which had no upgrades. There was a sakura xi in the tc class buy I don't know where it finished.
Thats a good idea. I plan on adding as many TC's as I can think of, with links to find the cars.
Then links to good radios.

And then I am going to copy Robk's battery list over.

Keep the ideas coming. Let me know if you find a typo or spelling problem in there.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Thats a good idea. I plan on adding as many TC's as I can think of, with links to find the cars.
Then links to good radios.

And then I am going to copy Robk's battery list over.

Keep the ideas coming. Let me know if you find a typo or spelling problem in there.
don't forget the T3R xray for a good new car for about $275 it's what I run in TC locally sometimes with good success and it's great cost car in VTA
Old 12-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
don't forget the T3R xray for a good new car for about $275 it's what I run in TC locally sometimes with good success and it's great cost car in VTA
Thanks Robert I will add it in. How is the new track going?

Edit: Added T3R to VTA noob page.

Last edited by snoopyrc; 12-05-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.