Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

anybody try to boil the tires off the hpi vintage rims yet? just want to make sure i dont destroy them before i do it. The fronts get chewed up decently quick on a asphalt track
Old 06-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
This is the way it is.

We cannot make everyone happy. If you don't like it, you don't have to run Trans Am.

Nice.......Thats gonna help grow the class.....It was just a natural question....5000mah lipo/21.5 one would think you could run 6cell 4200's/21.5 if you cant fine.....you could have said no we are only gonna run lipo or 4cell we found that more efficent and less exspensive......thats how I would have responded.....But thats just me....Thanks for the info...
Old 06-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by shadow102
anybody try to boil the tires off the hpi vintage rims yet? just want to make sure i dont destroy them before i do it. The fronts get chewed up decently quick on a asphalt track
Yes Sir it works I've done it 4 times with one set of fronts , Get the water to a simmer not boiling drop them in for 10 to 15 min. and that should do it , Need alittle cleaning up around the edges . But it works !
Old 06-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Finally saw these run in person last night. VERY cool!
Old 06-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Finally saw these run in person last night. VERY cool!
You should try and make it up to Fort Collins for a Wednesday night as we are getting close to 3 heats!! Nice mix of cars, power choices and motors.

I think the club will be doing this class this winter on the carpet, as I know we have more than enough to make a full heat!!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
Nice.......Thats gonna help grow the class.....It was just a natural question....5000mah lipo/21.5 one would think you could run 6cell 4200's/21.5 if you cant fine.....you could have said no we are only gonna run lipo or 4cell we found that more efficent and less exspensive......thats how I would have responded.....But thats just me....Thanks for the info...
Whelp, that wasn't the reason, so I wouldn't have responded that way.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but I'm not trying to be PC with everything I say. I never have. I just flatly answered your question. Abrasive? Maybe, but my intentions are to end any outside debates on things before they ever start. Rules in this class aren't really up for a lot of debate as they seem to be in everything else in racing nowadays. It's my personal feeling that too many classes and tracks seem to be free-for-alls where the racer dictates what they want instead of a class structure in existence that someone can build a car to. LiPo has been in the plans since the beginning, we just needed to wait for the masses to accept the technology.

This class is a pretty simple formula. It works VERY well and is proving to be highly competitive and VERY fun, regardless of what power you choose. The racers flocking to it seem to think so, too. All rules will have someone complain about them, no matter how tight and good they are. That comes with the territory.

I'm very confident in this class and the way the rules have been developed—and if I didn't believe that everything done to this point is absolutely the right way to do things, I wouldn't be this adamant.

doug
Old 06-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but I'm not trying to be PC with everything I say. I never have. I just flatly answered your question. Abrasive? Maybe, but my intentions are to end any outside debates on things before they ever start. Rules in this class aren't really up for a lot of debate as they seem to be in everything else in racing nowadays. It's my personal feeling that too many classes and tracks seem to be free-for-alls where the racer dictates what they want instead of a class structure in existence that someone can build a car to. LiPo has been in the plans since the beginning, we just needed to wait for the masses to accept the technology.

This class is a pretty simple formula. It works VERY well and is proving to be highly competitive and VERY fun, regardless of what power you choose. The racers flocking to it seem to think so, too. All rules will have someone complain about them, no matter how tight and good they are. That comes with the territory.

I'm very confident in this class and the way the rules have been developed—and if I didn't believe that everything done to this point is absolutely the right way to do things, I wouldn't be this adamant.

doug
Well put Doug. If people want to go as far as putting 3800 labels on 4200 batteries then what can you do about it? Hell they can do that at any race...
Concerning the rules..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed [View]

NUCRPTRACER

NO. 6-cell NiMh packs are NOT allowed. The rules are VERY specific as to what is legal.

Well that doesnt make much since at all.....

NUCRPTACER, this was your comment about the 6 cell rule.. And then you posted:

He's trying to explain the rules and your comment says it all...
Old 06-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We had all three different power combinations Friday night at Indy Slots, and they are running well together. I'm one of the last brushed/NiMh holdouts but changing soon. We had our biggest field yet, slowly building up during OUTDOOR season while still in on the carpet.

The lighter weight rules really do make a difference. I broke my first part last night after 4 weeks of racing- and other guys at our track are having the same experience. Can't beat that.

Thanks Apex for all the thought you've put into this class
Old 06-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sorry to hurt your feelings

doug

No problem dont worry I dont have feeling.....I love the class and think everything done so far is outstanding....I just didnt understand the thought process on the lipo v.Nimh....I would rather run the lipo for ease of maintence..I just had someone ask me and thought it was a realistic option even though it wasnt within the rules since the lipo 21.5 recently came into play didnt know if 6cell would follow hence the question...so no problem....hope this class generates a ton of new racers and good job to everyone that is supporting and developing....
Old 06-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

If you go back and read through like all 45 pages of this post you can see the thought process that led to the current rules, including testing and discussion. Every two or three months somone comes in and starts asking about rules and how they should be changed, which is probably why Doug started getting more straighforward about his feelings on the matter. Some people were pretty rude about it (rude? on the internet? who would have guessed?!).
Old 06-16-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We had 5 cars yesterday, 4 21.5/lipo and 1 27t/4 cell. Guest driver on the 27t. good close racing in the heat races, for the main the driver of the 27t wanted to add a tooth. so we did, he was running up front until about 7:15 into the race, and then the batteries started to fade he wound up 2nd. So I think I'll go back the 5.53 fdr on it and just leave there for our track. All in all every one had fun and was laughing at the end of the race. Even the guy who destroyed his body. The idea that this is a fun class keeps everybody from being "I gotta win !!!!". I haven't had this mich fun "racing" for a lot of years. Great class, great rules!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pauly6401
Every two or three months somone comes in and starts asking about rules and how they should be changed, which is probably why Doug started getting more straighforward about his feelings on the matter.
Yes, and I apologize for forgetting that I have been with this thread since the first post, and that new people to this concept will probably NOT read the last 40+ pages to find an answer. Many things have been repeated over and over, and I sometimes don't show as much patience as I should.

And I finally put the FDR recommendations on the website so no one needs to ask anymore.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Yes, and I apologize for forgetting that I have been with this thread since the first post, and that new people to this concept will probably NOT read the last 40+ pages to find an answer. Many things have been repeated over and over, and I sometimes don't show as much patience as I should.

And I finally put the FDR recommendations on the website so no one needs to ask anymore.

Just because you posted it does not mean that they will not still ask!!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I'm actually waiting for it.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a question, what's the FDR limit for the LiPo/21.5 option?

Actually, I like what you have done with the rules in this class for the most part.
Thanks for putting up a lot of hard work and effort to keep this class alive.

Around here there is a combination of guys running Brushed 27T and Brushless 17.5 and everyone seems to be pretty competitive. We recently ran our first Friday Night Lighted Asphalt race with the Trans-Am cars and it was a lot of fun. Driving the Trans-Am cars under the lights brings a whole new meaning to the class and makes the races a lot more exciting. I'll try to get pictures from our next race on the 27th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.