Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

The rules, should they bother to read them, are VERY clear on this point...NO WINGS. PERIOD. Even if they come with the body (which I'm PRETTY sure the Pegasus bodies do not). The screw-on spoilers are allowed, but wings are absolutely forbidden.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have seen guys make their own small lip spoiler. If its not any bigger than the ones that come on other shells then most guys dont care. Still its technically illegal.

That is not however what you guys are talking about. I think the Cuda has the biggest cosmetic spoiler and even it doesn't have a lot of rake to it.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We had a fun race today. We've still got a kid running his dad's touring car, but its good experience for him, and I can't complain about having another racer in the class. I got a bum start; I was trying to start the camera(hat cam) and then the track got "Adjusted" I still managed to come back from DFL and win.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If I were to go to an event, how do they know if my battery pack is ROAR legal?

Do they have a list of batteries they legalized?
Old 11-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iDChuck

Yes. They check before each heat at Tech Inspection too.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

btw, where can I get a scale that weighs more 2000g? what scales do you guys use?
Old 11-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
deng, where do I find cheap ROAR legal batteries? I found some on hobbyking, but they only have 1 style of bullets which I prefer.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
deng, where do I find cheap ROAR legal batteries? I found some on hobbyking, but they only have 1 style of bullets which I prefer.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...se-direct.html

These used to come with Dean's style connectors but recently switched to the stupid tubes. Now just about everyone has to put a new connector on them before using. Still a good deal though. The recepticle tube type have been out of stock for a while and are hard to find in stock. If that's what you are looking for, you've got to buy them when you see them, because they sell out quick and it could be months before you see them in stock again! I have 4 of the 40C packs and they work very well.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by beemerfan
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...se-direct.html

These used to come with Dean's style connectors but recently switched to the stupid tubes. Now just about everyone has to put a new connector on them before using. Still a good deal though. The recepticle tube type have been out of stock for a while and are hard to find in stock. If that's what you are looking for, you've got to buy them when you see them, because they sell out quick and it could be months before you see them in stock again! I have 4 of the 40C packs and they work very well.
what do they mean by direct version?

and also I'm looking for only bullet batteries where you can remove the harness and the batt has no wires on it. I have a few, but don't know the actual term for them.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

here is the list of ROAR-approved batteries

http://www.roarracing.org/?page_id=259

you have to check in your batteries before qualifying starts - the ROAR official will verify they are on the list and then 'tag' each pack that you checked in. you need to use those packs only for qualifying/mains..you need to do pre-race tech (usually the heat or 2 before yours) and then you can needs to pass post-race tech...

trust me, they know what batteries are legal
Old 11-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

what do they mean by direct version?

and also I'm looking for only bullet batteries where you can remove the harness and the batt has no wires on it. I have a few, but don't know the actual term for them.
be careful with that hobby partz batteries...there is one company (hobby kind, i believe) that says their packs are ROAR approved, but they do not show up on an approved battery list for ROAR, or were they submitted for approval (at least as of the asphalt Nats in July)
Old 11-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I hope that someone from USVTA is on this thread and can help me clear up something.

Tonight I went to our local rc track and someone showed up racing with either a Pegasus or HPI 1970 Mustang body with a large touring car wing on the back. I didn't get close enough to it to confirm which brand of body it was. I pointed out to one of the racers that the wing was illegal according to USVTA rules. I was told that since it came with the body that it is legal.

Who is right? The way I read the rules, only decklid spoilers and scale wings are allowed. The wing on this body was NOT scale!
The correct, scale wing (as raced 1:1) is allowed. It is NOT large or a touring car wing. It is only for the HPI #17546 1970 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302.

Example:

If the car did not look like that, it is Illegal.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Here is a question for those of you who allow the HPI kit to race in your VTA class. How is that working out? The local race director want to stock a few of these in his store and allow them to race but he is concerned about the speed as aparently "out of the box" they are much faster than the current 25.5 set of rules.

We have a FDR limit of 6.9 so I assume we would have to change the gearing of the stock car to get it a little closer to our regulations. Also, I remember reading about a track that states when they can get into the top 3 they must change there car over to conform to the rules. We have had trouble mounting brushless motors in these cars as the tabs hit the motor/chasis brace. What are you guys doing to get them to fit?
Old 11-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mera'din
Here is a question for those of you who allow the HPI kit to race in your VTA class.

We have had trouble mounting brushless motors in these cars as the tabs hit the motor/chasis brace. What are you guys doing to get them to fit?
I had to grind the chassis brace quite a bit to make it fit the ballistic motor, and then mount the motor with the tabs facing the back of the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.