U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Old 11-03-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod306
Do you glue both sides of. The tires ?
I find the outer lip is the hardest to mount properly but prep is the key. sanding the gluing edge on both sides and I like to mount the outside first where I leave the inside hang off the rim some to help keep the face of the inside against the rim.

Then just a small drop in 4 spots around the rim and make sure those parts are located right and then let it dry then after I use a dental tool to hold open the non glued areas to put glue on the rim and then press it down.

But that's just my way. Not the best way but for some reason I like picking ca glue off my fingers lol
Old 11-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GP40X
Finally have my VTA car ready, just need to get numbers made, pick up some period correct sponsor decals, and trim down the body posts.
Hey Bill, your VTA looks awesome! Come by and see me on Thursday and I'll give you some numbers for your doors, hood, and trunk. I've got a lot of numbers for you to pick from.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

We are very excited to be racing the VTA's at this year's Snowbird Nationals!!! Hope to see a good crowd of them for sure!

Mike
www.snowbirdnationals.com
Old 11-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Our new race season started on Friday and we added a VTA class. About 3 weeks ago I upgraded from my TC4 to an Xray and didn't know what to do with it. i decided to put together a VTA car to run in the misfit class (run-what-you-brung) and it took off. In less than 3 weeks we started the season with 8 cars and 15 confirmed total. Not everyone was ready.

Here are is a pic of the line-up.

Everyone had a great time. It is a small track s we limited the FDR to a 6.9. Seems to work just fine. As we get more cars we will be splitting it up into 2 heats to have an A and a B. Thanks for making this such a fun class!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qBJ...e_gdata_player
Old 11-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mera'din
As we get more cars we will be splitting it up into 2 heats to have an A and a B. Thanks for making this such a fun class!
Only if you get more than 20 entries. Part of the beauty of this class is running HUGE fields and for the fast guys having to deal with lots of traffic.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Agreed. If y0u watch the lead car, me, I had to deal with traffic as I would get far out in the lead and then hit the traffic. The trailers would catch back up preventing a runaway race. I enjoyed it. Not sure that 20 cars would fit on that track!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Only if you get more than 20 entries. Part of the beauty of this class is running HUGE fields and for the fast guys having to deal with lots of traffic.
if I could only get battboy/darkside to understand that.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Tech Champion

The bigger the track the more cars you need
Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Got to run my VTA car for the first time today. I gotta find a ball diff for this old Pro 4. Racing while trying not to use hardly any brakes is TOUGH!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
The bigger the track the more cars you need
wise you are yoda. I still want a 20 car "A" main at thunder so bad it hurts... working out ideas for a 20 cars vta oval race for 200 laps once my oval track is up and running.... should be doable.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Our new race season started on Friday and we added a VTA class. About 3 weeks ago I upgraded from my TC4 to an Xray and didn't know what to do with it. i decided to put together a VTA car to run in the misfit class (run-what-you-brung) and it took off. In less than 3 weeks we started the season with 8 cars and 15 confirmed total. Not everyone was ready.

Here are is a pic of the line-up.
Im Jealous...em of that group of racers you have. Tell you what we can put my 103x55ft track together with your field of 15 racer and between the two of us we will have a great race.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Straight cam for the A main at the SEVTA Battlefield Road Course. I want to thank all of the Thunder and ROCCK guys that came down. It is great to have such great guys to race with.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

That is the best start of any sportsman class race I have ever seen. Like ever ever. Like in the history of ever!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
That is the best start of any sportsman class race I have ever seen. Like ever ever. Like in the history of ever!
Theres a couple of reasons for that.
1. Most of the racers in this field have a lot of experience at one form or another of RC racing. So there is a whole lot of talent in that field.
2. I was filming so obviously I wasnt driving.

Actually there was a little carnage but it isnt visible on the straight camera.

Here is the other camera.

+ YouTube Video
Old 11-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

As we get more and more VTA cars in our fleet I forsee a problem. Tire wear.

Many are buying used cars to save some money and eventually all tires will wear down.

At which point do you require a driver to replace his tires and how do you police it? At check in?

I had a discussion with a driver who bought a used car that came with tires that were, in my opinion, about 95% worn. He wanted to race them as they were still the correct part number. Is there a set point when a tire change is needed to be in compliance?
Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

As we get more and more VTA cars in our fleet I forsee a problem. Tire wear.

Many are buying used cars to save some money and eventually all tires will wear down.

At which point do you require a driver to replace his tires and how do you police it? At check in?

I had a discussion with a driver who bought a used car that came with tires that were, in my opinion, about 95% worn. He wanted to race them as they were still the correct part number. Is there a set point when a tire change is needed to be in compliance?
This is just my opinion but in "The spirit of VTA" the rules call for a specific TREADED tire. Once the tread is worn away, they should be replaced. If you can still see and feel tread then they would be fine, but once smooth, they need replaced. Again this is just MY opinion. Many others dont agree but I feel its just cause they dont want to buy more tires for most

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.