U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Old 09-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

get VTA on every major event Nation wide

..... You wouldn't be talking about "Snowbird's" would you? ....you sly devil.!.!.!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
looks like major USVTA events are all over the place...that just goes to show how well the rules and the class are doing for VTA....lets get out there and get VTA on every major event Nation wide

CYA at the track with my VTA and USGT cars...
Yep we got the VTA NASCAR Tribute Race OCt 29th at Mikes Hobbies and 2 weeks later we have the 2011 Fall Classic at Mikes with another expected big VTA turnout for that
Old 09-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Looks like PA/NJ/DE/(NY, maybe) is going full USVTA starting this indoor season, which actually kicks off this saturday at Horsham R/C.
I somehow don't see it happeing with the staten island group, but it will probably be brought up again in preparation of next season.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kregger
I somehow don't see it happeing with the staten island group, but it will probably be brought up again in preparation of next season.
that's why I said maybe for the NY guys
Old 09-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by StarrRacing
get VTA on every major event Nation wide

..... You wouldn't be talking about "Snowbird's" would you? ....you sly devil.!.!.!
we hope so...I dont think major races or promoters are ignoring us any more. I think they understand what VTA can bring to an event. I also think that since the rules have settled in that the "fear" is gone as well. Once we truly have every track USVTA the entire On-road RC community will accept VTA more openly...just like TC or even 12th scale...

Its our job as racers to help support races that have VTA and similar classes. If the big races see that its supported locally and regionally that will open even more doors for VTA to make the "BIG" tyme like Vegas and Birds, and even more....

But we have to continue to support and promote the USVTA at every level to insure that it is given its proper place among RC racing....

USVTA VTA USGT....WE HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!...BELIEVE THAT!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default USVTA 25.5T

I closed a large on-road track here in Pensacola about 3 years ago. I am about to restart our on-road racing and we have been discussing on our website whether to have a USVTA or a ROAR VTA class and had come to the conclusion that a pure USVTA class may be the right way to go. But, I own two hobby shops and my racing program and stores have to support each other. It seems it would be a bad business decision to start out with a USVTA class with the only legal motor being a 25.5t. Not one distributor has a Novak 25.5T system available. Sure I could buy the motor and an ESC seperately fo $30 more but that wouldn't make sense. There is no ETA on when they will be available, which usually means months not days. It may make the class more competitive but it is a weak link when none are available.

Bill
Hobby Central
hobbycentralrc.com

Last edited by hobbycentral; 09-21-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

I would contact Novak and see what they can do for you...ygpm too
Old 09-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbycentral
Not one distributor has a Novak 25.5T system available. Sure I could buy the motor and an ESC seperately fo $30 more but that wouldn't make sense. There is no ETA on when they will be available, which usually means months not days. It may make the class more competitive but it is a weak link when none are available.
Bill
Hobby Central
hobbycentralrc.com
Novak will take care of you. call them. They support VTA and "get it." My local hobby shop has had no problems whatsoever getting VTA stuff direct from novak at any time.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I closed a large on-road track here in Pensacola about 3 years ago. I am about to restart our on-road racing and we have been discussing on our website whether to have a USVTA or a ROAR VTA class and had come to the conclusion that a pure USVTA class may be the right way to go. But, I own two hobby shops and my racing program and stores have to support each other. It seems it would be a bad business decision to start out with a USVTA class with the only legal motor being a 25.5t. Not one distributor has a Novak 25.5T system available. Sure I could buy the motor and an ESC seperately fo $30 more but that wouldn't make sense. There is no ETA on when they will be available, which usually means months not days. It may make the class more competitive but it is a weak link when none are available.

Bill
Hobby Central
hobbycentralrc.com
I'm pretty sure that the USVTA specific products are available directly from Novak to the retailer. I think the volume of VTA stuff is not as high, so the distributors don't want to deal with it. I would call Novak directly.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Rookie

I will try contacting them direct. Thanks
Old 09-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Is the HW Juststock a legal esc?

no
Myron, it is currently on the ROAR list, both the black and blue models, but like you stated not USVTA approved. So I ordered 2 anyway. I'll put them in the F1 cars for now.

RobK, Any chance this ESC can be added? It is technically the same ESC as the Cirtix, just not rebranded SpeedPassion. And they are in stock unlike the SP version. Same price too, roughly $63.00 each + $15 for a programming card.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I will admit, I haven't read this entire thread but enough of it to get me interested.

I race at a local track and they have a very small indorr carpet setup. I was thinking that a VTA class would be an awesome fit here.

My question comes down to the rules and part availability. I think this is an awesome class as you can pick up a cheap 1/10th scale car used but I see a problem when picking up a motor/esc.

According to the rules posted on the front page, the only allowed motors are novak and the escs are limited as well.

How come Castle creations are not on the list? Just wondering out loud here.

I know when starting the class we could pretty much pick and choose the rules we wish to follow but I'd like to stick as close to a national set as possible.

Just so you know, the ONLY reason I ask about the castle is I like them and have an extra one that I could use!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Bill
Hobby Central
hobbycentralrc.com
Bill, Get with Novak first.
Novaktwo may respond on the forum but it's worth a call. here's the list of dealers from Novak's site. Clearly they must be getting distributor support or they're buying direct from Novak. Not sure.
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...ler_index.html

Good Luck and nice to see the effort. Going legal IS the best way.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Myron, it is currently on the ROAR list, both the black and blue models, but like you stated not USVTA approved. So I ordered 2 anyway. I'll put them in the F1 cars for now.

RobK, Any chance this ESC can be added? It is technically the same ESC as the Cirtix, just not rebranded SpeedPassion. And they are in stock unlike the SP version. Same price too, roughly $63.00 each + $15 for a programming card.
Originally Posted by Mera'din
I will admit, I haven't read this entire thread but enough of it to get me interested.

I race at a local track and they have a very small indorr carpet setup. I was thinking that a VTA class would be an awesome fit here.

My question comes down to the rules and part availability. I think this is an awesome class as you can pick up a cheap 1/10th scale car used but I see a problem when picking up a motor/esc.

According to the rules posted on the front page, the only allowed motors are novak and the escs are limited as well.

How come Castle creations are not on the list? Just wondering out loud here.

I know when starting the class we could pretty much pick and choose the rules we wish to follow but I'd like to stick as close to a national set as possible.

Just so you know, the ONLY reason I ask about the castle is I like them and have an extra one that I could use!
I don't have the specs for these escs in front of me, but basically if it is programmable to have timing advance, it is not allowed. The approved escs are not subject to firmware revisions with a pc. That being said, if the escs cannot be reflashed in the field, and do not have timing advance capability, then they could be considered.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Guys, again sorry for seeming like I'm stirring the pot, that is not the intention. I'm just trying to find us some viable, low initial cost alternatives. Cirtix is always out of stock.

Link to the Justock user manual:

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/manual/HW-09-JST.pdf

Link to the Cirtix user manual:

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...ay27th2010.pdf

They even use some of the same pictures. Both can be firmware flashed, but will only ever work with a no timing profile.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.