Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mooby64
A hobby shop has to apply to become a VTA dealer through Novak. This usually means the shop has to purchase a minimum of product directly from Novak. Great Planes and Horizon do not carry the 25.5 Novak motors. I found it easier to order directly from Novak, and have had great luck with their RMF products.
Our LHS gets us in the novak motors for VTA and a bunch of other novak items. He has also told me before he isnt set up to purchase from novak directly. He just got in 3 Ballistic 25.5 motors. 2 for customers 1 for store.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mooby64
A hobby shop has to apply to become a VTA dealer through Novak. This usually means the shop has to purchase a minimum of product directly from Novak. Great Planes and Horizon do not carry the 25.5 Novak motors. I found it easier to order directly from Novak, and have had great luck with their RMF products.

tower & amain have the novak 25.5 motors
Old 07-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I have not tried the Goose and 21.5, not sure if that will work with 21.5...25.5 is fine all day long...has anybody tried it with 21.5?....
Works fine with an F1 and 21.5. It should work fine with the USGT.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Works fine with an F1 and 21.5. It should work fine with the USGT.
cool...Ill try it
Old 07-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default first run of VT/A

Here is the line up of the first VT/A class at our track in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia.
We are running 21.5t non turbo timed speedies, must say it was so much fun driving them around, looks like the class is going to grow next meeting as people loved the look of them
Cheers Scott
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-vta-line-up.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-cuda1.jpg  
Old 07-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hijinx
Here is the line up of the first VT/A class at our track in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia.
We are running 21.5t non turbo timed speedies, must say it was so much fun driving them around, looks like the class is going to grow next meeting as people loved the look of them
Cheers Scott
I KNEW someone would do Alan Moffat's Mustang if they'd get around to racing VTA in Oz!! There it is in all it's red splendor. Now someone needs to do the later "Brut" livery...
Old 07-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by starrx
tower & amain have the novak 25.5 motors
We started selling the Ballistic 25.5T motors through distribution months ago. And, we have a VTA-dealer direct program for any VTA items that we do not offer through our distributors. So, LHS's should be able to sell our B 25.5 motor---and any esc except our Havoc 2S---to USVTA racers.

Ok. My LHS and track just started supporting VTA in May of this year. I don't think any of the guys in the shop know a Novak2. Can they get in touch with him by phone or email?
Your dealer can contact [email protected] for info. Or, just click the dealer link from this page:

TeamNovak USVTA Store

We have recently announced our new Edge controller, which should be a great esc for USVTA. We sent Rob a couple of prototypes for evaluation:

EDGE OUT THE COMPETITION

There are a couple of other things that will impact our USVTA products:

...Neodymium prices from China are sky-rocketing, which has made it necessary to raise all motor prices
...We will no longer be selling our SS Pro motors through distribution, but will continue to make our SS Pro 25.5 available in the store (at the higher price.)
...We will be discontinuing, or raising prices, for all USVTA systems in our store (if you need a system or motor at the lower prices, they will be available until @ mid-July.

The price of the rare earth material, Neodymium, has sky-rocketed in the past few months. The Chinese government now controls all neo mining and also the price charged to all vendors using this substance in manufactured items.

ROAR specifies neo in the magnets for ROAR-approved motors and sets a 540 motor list price cap of $149.00, that mfgs of these motors must meet. So brushless motor manufacturers have difficult choices ahead: maintain the same quantity of neo in their magnet "recipes" and raise prices accordingly, use less of the metal and change the characteristics of the magnet, or switch to a different material completely. Neo prices increase each week.

All of the rotors that we are currently using have the same magnet recipes we have always offered; we have not changed our rotors due to this crisis.

Our rotor prices have quintupled in the past few months making the current motor prices unsustainable. We will be announcing price increases for both our 540 motors and the 540 systems in the next few days. We are also considering setting up a Rotor Return Program for our customers to send back old, weak (but not damaged) rotors for credit on store purchases. We have the ability to re-magnetize old rotors and make them as good as new.

--------

Re-magnetizing rotors is kind of labor intensive, but it does recycle the older rotors we get back from our customers with their motor exchanges back into the system. When we sell RMF motors to our customers (either through our exchange programs, or our RMF store) they always include a fresh rotor.

We are designing our Rotor Re-Cycling Program; we will issue a press release with all of the details. Start collecting all of your old, but un-damaged (no cracks or broken) Novak rotors----they are more valuable than ever...
Old 07-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (94%+)

how come the Speedpassions 1.1 esc is not on the usvta list. there is no timming in that esc for Sensored motors
Old 07-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Yes there is, up to 26*.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
We have recently announced our new Edge controller, which should be a great esc for USVTA. We sent Rob a couple of prototypes for evaluation:

EDGE OUT THE COMPETITION
You want this.

Mongoose case, good down to like 10.5t/2S, brakes are awesome. Basically, a mini GTB2. I would put one in a 17.5 spec car as well.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

crap and I just bought a NIB AI pro for $25 need to get me a novak!
Old 07-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
You want this.

Mongoose case, good down to like 10.5t/2S, brakes are awesome. Basically, a mini GTB2. I would put one in a 17.5 spec car as well.
This might bring me back to big orange!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Default 2011 USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS IN MUSIC CITY,USA

hey for you guys looking to come up in Sept...bring your hungry face....

info here

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...-city-usa.html
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-logo.png  

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 07-06-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

The Goose that I ordered on the second is now in my hands. I think that is decent service gentlemen.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
hey for you guys looking to come up in Sept...bring your hungry face....

info here

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ity-usa-2.html

"Page not found"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.