Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ebruce
I have actually found the HPI mustang body to be much more durable than the HPI Camaro. The guys I race with have had the Camaro fronts tear during the first race night, the mustang i just push out the dents and keep going. After 8 weeks with the mustang body, I just added some shoe goo to it last week.
Well, then maybe I need to just run it and see for myself. Thanks for the insight. Of course, if I didn't hit the wall so much, it wouldn't be such a problem!

Old 01-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys, post up about any and all VTA races. Some of us are wanting to travel. Trophy races are preferred lol.

Last year this time, I went to Cincinnati Grand Prix, Lexington Coyote Hobbies, Nashville Thunder Jam,Chicago Nats, Memphis BTH & FB...and Music City Championship.

So where we going this year since we can't play at the birds....
Old 01-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I think our club is the only group in Florida offering a legal VTA program. If any of you guy's with experience putting together a comp would be willing to work with me to set up a future date, I'd be interested and I'm sure the owner of of our new race location would be very interested. We now race on a piece of parking lot owned by Andretti Thrill Park here in Palm Bay, FL.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just picked this thread out of any other...

Do people who use scales to balance the car.. do you just buy those chinese digital .1g scales?

each wheel for a 1000g scale good?

I can get ea for $6 on ebay.. so $24 to have a scale on each wheel is good.

Just wondering if 1000g a wheel is good?

James
Old 01-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bikerbob

Do people who use scales to balance the car.. do you just buy those chinese digital .1g scales?

James

Scales are good for static weight, 500g scales are more than sufficient for TC.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bikerbob

James
I use those scales and they are just fine. Since our tack is very tight with the right handers and more flowing with the Lefts I tend to set my car up so that I have it more weight on the right wheels ( but only about 3% difference.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

has anyone seen these on Ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/HobbyPro-H201L-D...item27b8231cd6

I hope this isn't old news. Tried doing a search but didn't see these mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-vta-driver-figure.jpg  
Old 01-26-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

That's sweet. I wish I could post my picture of the hpi tray, it fits perfect.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Default VINTAGE TRANS-AM THUNDER 1000

Just wanted to thank the sponsors for helping out with this up coming event...

Team Associated
Team Novak
Boca Bearings
Nashrcracer.com

thank you very much...and if you havent heard about this..here are some details and flyer

IT WONT POST

link here....

http://www.nashrcracer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5294
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-boca_logo.png   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-team_associated_logo_1_tn.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-novak.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-banner3.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Diff vs. spool for TC4 in VTA???

I've considered making a slipper spool for my VTA TC4 to see if it improves my lap times. Currently I'm running a front diff and I really like the way it allows me to drive hard into corners. However, I feel that I'm losing a bit of acceleration coming out of the corner.

Right now I feel that I'm making a bit of a compromise. Since the diff allows me to drive a little more aggresively into a corner, I feel like I can keep the pressure on the car/driver in front of me and force them into a mistake. However if I cut the corner too tight, the front diffs out a bit and I watch a car with a spool pull away. This negates the advantage I gained going into the corner.

Regardless of which way I end up going, I'm having more fun in VTA this season as I feel all the cars have become more equal in speed with current rules. I am enjoying the actual racing on the track. I have even had to consider strategy of whether to pass for position, or stay behind and pressure the car in front into a mistake. Rarely can I say I raced an r/c car hard AND had fun. VTA is that class for me.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Not sure about the spool or diff, but I totally agree on your outlook on VTA.....you coming to the Big Rug in February
Old 01-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Diff vs. spool for TC4 in VTA???

I've considered making a slipper spool for my VTA TC4 to see if it improves my lap times. Currently I'm running a front diff and I really like the way it allows me to drive hard into corners. However, I feel that I'm losing a bit of acceleration coming out of the corner.

Right now I feel that I'm making a bit of a compromise. Since the diff allows me to drive a little more aggresively into a corner, I feel like I can keep the pressure on the car/driver in front of me and force them into a mistake. However if I cut the corner too tight, the front diffs out a bit and I watch a car with a spool pull away. This negates the advantage I gained going into the corner.

Regardless of which way I end up going, I'm having more fun in VTA this season as I feel all the cars have become more equal in speed with current rules. I am enjoying the actual racing on the track. I have even had to consider strategy of whether to pass for position, or stay behind and pressure the car in front into a mistake. Rarely can I say I raced an r/c car hard AND had fun. VTA is that class for me.
i run a spool in my vta tc4...& when i did run a diff..i ran it tight...i like the way spool pulls out of the corner
Old 01-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If you go to a spool, try going to a 2* hub to get back some turn in. I did that in my RCGT car and really like the feel of it.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

hey Indy - if you wanna run a diff, just run the diff as tight as you can possible get it...like starrx said, you'll get the advantages of both - the diff action if/when needed and the spool action to put the power down

on my m18, yes i know micro, i ran the front diff this way over the spool that I had...gave me a better feel on the track
Old 01-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default TC$ One Way

My sons and I run three separate cars in VTA. A TC4, Academy STR4 Pro II, and a Corally Assassin. All cars have one ways. The TC4 is quicker entering corners and especially fast in tight "S" curves. I don't think that putting a one way in your car will hurt you at all. The only time I have noticed that a one way is a problem is if I need to use the breaks. As long as you don't have drag break dialed in, the one way should not effect you entrance speed at all and the benefits of having it when exiting is worth it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.