Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

its the SC Havolk Pro with timming...not the reg Pro
Old 01-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

oh okay i didnt know if it was actually under that name, the box looked the same
Old 01-14-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

WOW!

Only one page?!?!

Ok, in the interest of blowing up the thread with random arguments regarding rules i submit this "rules question?"

Why don't we have a rule for scale valve stems on the wheels?

I mean seriously, scale wheels, scale tires, but no scale valve stems?!?!?!
OUTRAGEOUS!!!! They'd be worth at least a tenth of a second right?
Old 01-14-2011, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jgraham37128
My question why is the Tekin RS in blinky mode not allowed in VTA?
Because Novak has a strangle hold on the class.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hairy
No they don't. Lrp has 2 speedo's that are legal and the Cirtix is legal. If you want to run a Tekin tell them to produce a legal to USVTA rules speedo. If you don't like the rules don't run the class!!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokefan
No they don't. Lrp has 2 speedo's that are legal and the Cirtix is legal. If you want to run a Tekin tell them to produce a legal to USVTA rules speedo. If you don't like the rules don't run the class!!
Bingo. Novak has so many products that fit the VTA concept because they make so many products that fit the VTA concept. Simple as that. The motor is a SPEC motor—someone had to make them to accomplish that task.

I use Tekin ESCs in every other car I own, and a Cirtix in the VTA chassis. Tekin ESCs would be legal if they made one that was not programmable and not cheating the zero timing rules. Pretty simple.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:30 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by hairy
Or, maybe it's because Novak actually cares about spec racing and makes sure to keep several affordable, spec-only controllers in production---including our completely redesigned GTB2.

We think that there must be quality, cost-effective R/C equipment to encourage more guys to get involved in racing; we may be wrong, but that is what we believe. This is why we support USVTA as a way to provide fun racing on a budget.

We wound our 25.5T motors specifically for USVTA and amended our Trade-In programs to allow guys to immediately trade other wind Novak motors for this new wind.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Or, maybe it's because Novak actually cares about spec racing and makes sure to keep several affordable, spec-only controllers in production---including our completely redesigned GTB2.

We think that there must be quality, cost-effective R/C equipment to encourage more guys to get involved in racing; we may be wrong, but that is what we believe. This is why we support USVTA as a way to provide fun racing on a budget.

We wound our 25.5T motors specifically for USVTA and amended our Trade-In programs to allow guys to immediately trade other wind Novak motors for this new wind.

Novak GTB2 is $99.99 and a TEKIN from Nexxus racing is $164.99. You have to buy the motor from Novak so it's $89.99. There's a $65.00 savings. If I spend the extra $65.00 for a Tekin I can use it for VTA, TC, Mod, 12th scale, and etc... It's competitive for any class. No one I know uses a GTB 2 in 17.5 spec touring that I know of. I'm not here to run Novak down. It just seems Tekin makes sense to me. It should be tested and allowed or a statement that says we tested the TEKIN with this version of software and found it not to be the same as the other ESC's we've tested. If they do a software change then it should be tested by USVTA before the new version is allowed. I raced this summer and they made us back it down a software version and I was fine with it. Took me two minutes to change it. They also hooked all up to a laptop in tech to make sure the settings we're set correctly. It worked perfectly.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pejota
Why don't we have a rule for scale valve stems on the wheels?

I mean seriously, scale wheels, scale tires, but no scale valve stems?!?!?!
OUTRAGEOUS!!!! They'd be worth at least a tenth of a second right?
Do they have to be functional valve stems ? And if so, just how much tire pressure is allowed ?? And just to start the fun off right....Why can't we run with the highest pressure the tire will take so I can have an advantage from the larger rollout ? C'mon, there has to be a way we can screw this class up ? Whiners Unite !!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by jgraham37128
Novak GTB2 is $99.99 and a TEKIN from Nexxus racing is $164.99. You have to buy the motor from Novak so it's $89.99. There's a $65.00 savings. If I spend the extra $65.00 for a Tekin I can use it for VTA, TC, Mod, 12th scale, and etc... It's competitive for any class. No one I know uses a GTB 2 in 17.5 spec touring that I know of. I'm not here to run Novak down. It just seems Tekin makes sense to me. It should be tested and allowed or a statement that says we tested the TEKIN with this version of software and found it not to be the same as the other ESC's we've tested. If they do a software change then it should be tested by USVTA before the new version is allowed. I raced this summer and they made us back it down a software version and I was fine with it. Took me two minutes to change it. They also hooked all up to a laptop in tech to make sure the settings we're set correctly. It worked perfectly.
We are just beginning the distributor shipping of our GTB2; however, it will not be the most popular item purchased from us for USVTA. Here is a link to our USVTA store section in which we list all of the items we have customized for the members:

TeamNovak USVTA Store

We have included a dealer-direct program for the customized items so that shops can work with their customers who participate in the series. These items are by far the most popular sellers in our store:

Factory Remanufactured

The most popular combo:

Havoc 2S / SS Pro Brushless System-- 25.5T VTA

As you can see, these offerings are affordable and well-suited to this series; our comprehensive Trade-In programs are available if customers want to upgrade their electronics. We have spent a great deal of time tailoring a program for this series and are proud of our efforts.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Um.....thats great and all but I'd like to run my chassis in every concievable class so I'll be needing a motor that can actually change from 1 spec to another simply by using the 3rd channel button on my radio. Then I'd like the same thing in an ESC but I want it to be the size of a postage stamp. Thankyou very much Mr. Novak....I'll be expecting the new product line by the end of the week.

I think I figured out why the conversations asking "why this" or "why that" or "why can't I this" keep happening. It's so much easier to be stupid and silly than actually have something good or constructive to write. I'm done now...the meds are kicking in.

To quote Darkside.....So how has your vintage trans am racing been going lately ?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Um.....thats great and all but I'd like to run my chassis in every concievable class so I'll be needing a motor that can actually change from 1 spec to another simply by using the 3rd channel button on my radio. Then I'd like the same thing in an ESC but I want it to be the size of a postage stamp. Thankyou very much Mr. Novak....I'll be expecting the new product line by the end of the week.
We'll get right on it....
Old 01-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm so entertained. Well, the two threads that I'm reading definitely lets me know Novak is ahead of the game. Rob and the USVTA saw something that is coming regardless of what. So for me a GTB2 will get me into the A at the USVTA NATIONAL in VTA and RCGT....or Snowbirds, or Vegas, or Cleveland, or Novak race, or MSRA BTH, or US Champs even THUNDER RC RACEWAY. Bottom line I know what I'm running is just as fast as Joe blow, and IT'S LEGAL NO MATTER WHERE I RACE. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!, and did you guys know about.......

THUNDER JAM #3 and TRANS-AM THUNDER 1000?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Ok, so I've had my little melt down. Now I need some advice. Here's the situation. VTA in Florida is dead,dead,dead. Unfortunately killed due to some weird aversion to slower racing in this state. Even now, the one and only vta program is based on 17.5 use.
As a race director, I truly believe that VTA is a great program and offers a stability that most other classes in rc don't have. The biggest issue is promoting it. The average young person can't relate to Trans Am because they don't have any knowledge of the history. When I say young....I mean almost anyone born in the mid 1970's and up. Thats a bunch of potential hobbyists. These same people relate much better to more modern cars. Mention BMW,Porsche,Camaro or Mustang and instant images of the new body styles or current full scale racing classes pop into their heads.
So.....what have all you successful race directors,club members or just interested vta drivers been doing to generate interest and excitement in VTA racing? Keeping in mind that we have almost a clean slate here.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Company Representative

Maybe, this question deserves a thread of its own. I'm sure that many locales are searching for a way to generate interest in entry-level racing.

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Ok, so I've had my little melt down. Now I need some advice. Here's the situation. VTA in Florida is dead,dead,dead. Unfortunately killed due to some weird aversion to slower racing in this state. Even now, the one and only vta program is based on 17.5 use.

As a race director, I truly believe that VTA is a great program and offers a stability that most other classes in rc don't have. The biggest issue is promoting it. The average young person can't relate to Trans Am because they don't have any knowledge of the history. When I say young....I mean almost anyone born in the mid 1970's and up. Thats a bunch of potential hobbyists.

These same people relate much better to more modern cars. Mention BMW,Porsche,Camaro or Mustang and instant images of the new body styles or current full scale racing classes pop into their heads.

So.....what have all you successful race directors,club members or just interested vta drivers been doing to generate interest and excitement in VTA racing? Keeping in mind that we have almost a clean slate here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.