Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
One thing, the 69 Camaro is not yet on the VTA approved bodies because it's not yet available as a separate part. But, it will probably be added when it's available.
I thought I saw Robk pre approve it somewhere. I think its not on the list because you can't get it yet. I can not imagine it not being allowed, but I would expect to tray/driver and number it.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Company Representative

This complaint was posted to our Facebook page:

man the ppl from novak i had to twist his arm to tell me that the ballistic motor has limitless timing in their motors...so i ask how fair will VTA be if ballistic & SS motors dont compare in speed....(VTA..back to square 1)
My response: But, no one said that this was "usable" timing. Controlling motor timing in USVTA is the responsibility of your RDs. Our Ballistic motor timing adjustments have been part of this motor design since release. The Ballistics have a sticker that easily shows your RDs where the factory pre-set should be.
-------------

Our Ballistic motors can be used for many, many different racing events---not just USVTA; and this is the same design that the Ballistics have had from the beginning. I guess I don't "get" what this is all about---can someone enlighten me?

Also, I post on this forum daily---why go to Facebook for this complaint? I even have an "official" USVTA thread to complain in! In addition, I'm the only Novak employee posting on FB that knows anything about USVTA.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:26 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

snoopyrc - When I asked about the 69 Camaro. This was robk's answer.

"I can't find a part # for the Camaro separately. If it ever comes out, we'll put it up right away."
Old 10-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NovakTwo

My response: But, no one said that this was "usable" timing.
Ok so I am taking that to mean that in most cases it is not usable timing and that it IS better just to leave it at the factory preset and gear it accordingly. At some point wont the motor run backwards? I digress.

Originally Posted by MD
snoopyrc - When I asked about the 69 Camaro. This was robk's answer.

"I can't find a part # for the Camaro separately. If it ever comes out, we'll put it up right away."
Thats where I thought he was on that issue. Thanks for the response.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Ok so I am taking that to mean that in most cases it is not usable timing and that it IS better just to leave it at the factory preset and gear it accordingly. At some point wont the motor run backwards? I digress.

Thats where I thought he was on that issue. Thanks for the response.
Whenever I ask Adnan (who designed the original, sensored motor platform) about the motor timing, he says "leave it alone'.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whenever I ask Adnan (who designed the original, sensored motor platform) about the motor timing, he says "leave it alone'.
I guess that explains why he designed it to be adjustable.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by woodys3b
That, and because customers don't pay attention to anything we say .....
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

My response: But, no one said that this was "usable" timing. Controlling motor timing in USVTA is the responsibility of your RDs. Our Ballistic motor timing adjustments have been part of this motor design since release. The Ballistics have a sticker that easily shows your RDs where the factory pre-set should be.
-------------

I guess Starrx didn't see the posts about we don't give our major supporters crap.
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by woodys3b
Some people know what they want from that motor and can adjust it to get that. Other people think they know and they monkey with it. If I was brass at Novak I would make it adjustable just so I could say it was adjustable.

If it is set for the best mix of torque and RPM then I intend to leave it.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by andyh
HPI 69 Camaro coming soon!

This is what I was thinking about. Its earlier in this thread. Robk's response was here.
Originally Posted by robk
APPROVED
Old 10-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

That, and because customers don't pay attention to anything we say .....
HUH???...
Old 10-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Here's one I just painted for a fellow racer.
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-dsc06418.jpg
Old 10-07-2010, 09:54 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I think it's great you can buy the Sprint 2 with the Camaro body, vintage tries and wheels.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

OK, If you can get a hold of one of those Camaros, run it. There is not a separate P/N available right now, so it won't be on the website.

The SS motors are adjustable timing, but there is a stop, unlike the Ballistics. I know people will add timing, so that is the purpose of limiting the Ballistics to the last mark on the sticker.

Also, in regards to this post:
What controller were you using?
Originally Posted by Victory Side
Tekin RS in Spec mode. There were about 4 of them running. 2 LRP's and 4 Novak's. All equal except for me. In fact one driver had the same car esc and motor, only difference was battery. I had a 5000mah 50c. He had a 5000 35c.
This showed up on the ROAR website this AM:

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737

Tekin ** CONTACT ROAR TT1152 Tekin RS ESC 208 ** ROAR review regarding zero timing. Awaiting new software profile to release hold on product. **

Tekin ** Contact ROAR TT1153 Tekin RS Pro 208 ** ROAR review regarding zero timing. Awaiting new software profile to release hold on product. **

There may be an issue with the 208 spec profile, which is the exact reason we have chosen to stick with ESCs that cannot be reflashed with new firmware.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tread1
I guess Starrx didn't see the posts about we don't give our major supporters crap.
look im not tryna cause any problems...i was just looking @ the realility of the situation....you have two motors...ballistic & SS...(only 2 motors you can use to race in VTA Right)...but one of these motors have an advantage over the other..(right)..the timing in the ballistic has way more timing then the SS Motor...(if there is no rule that you cant turn the timinig up on the ballistic motor) how does that make it fair for ppl that brought the SS Motor...thats all i was tryna to get across.....unless the rules state that ballistic can only use so much motor timing......im not complaining...just thinking because i was just about to order a 25.5 motor & i was going to get the SS.....But as like anyone else that race...no one wants to be @ a disadvantage....so robk or anybody could clear this up for me......dont get me wrong i love VTA i do well @ vta i been doing it for the last 2years....i repeat this is not a complaint

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.