Originally Posted by Kevin K
No it more seems like the guys with the Tekin's cant get over the fact that they have to use something else.....heck I dont see anyone other then Tekin owners crying out for it.
I suddenly figured it out...the Tekin RS is, basically, meth for RC racers. Look at the evidence:
1) everyone who gets one instantly foregoes any and everything else
2) everyone who gets one instantly becomes glued to computer monitors on race day (and I'm sure even away from the track) mumbling about profile this, turbo that and NOS the other.
3) it is READILY apparent that if they're forced to spend ANY time away from their RS (and various accoutrements), even for JUST ONE RACING CLASS that they're going to burst into flames (or worse). Have you seen Meth-heads when they can't get their dope? They sound JUST like these guys--fixated on getting another hit. Nothing else matters...it fills their every thought and conversation.
4) watching the odd and erratic behavior of folks "under the influence" is funny too. Used to be, back in the '80's, that if 2-4 people wandered off from the group and sat huddled together it was because they were engaging in a little doobage. Today they're huddled around a laptop taking another hit of Tekin.
5) the net is FULL of enablers (most of whom are fellow addicts)...just look around. Thread after thread about change this, adjust that, tweak this other...
It's like a freakin' cult is what it is.