Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
We could easily make some easy techable software that had it's own light/led sequence or special chime sequence to just by turning on the unit and allowing it to arm you/tech officials would know it was running the "legal" non boosting software.

183 software is non boosting, non turbo'd version and is on par with the speedo's currenlty legal.
Can you make it sing Sweet Home Alabama? Seems fitting.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jinxed
RS Spec? But would it get approval?
Or just 'RSpec'

I like it...
Old 01-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
Tekins at the top of their game and if you think they don't wanna be a part of this market then your a fool. They've already expressed interest in this thread, did you miss those post?
Tekin's definitely interested - but seems that the VTA powers-to-be, aren't interested in letting Tekin on board...You had both Jim Campbell and Randy Pike posting in this thread about interest in being included - and BOTH got blown off

Seems like VTA is now becoming the US Vintage Trans Am sponsored exclusively by Novak Kinda depressing if you ask me
Old 01-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The dilemma is Robk wants all hardware to be un-manipulative, so there are no questions. Sounds like a fairly valid concept. Tekin has done nothing but talk software this and that, which doesn't fit into the box Robk is building.

The racers think a whole new ESC is just going to fall out of Tekins ass. If this were feasible, maybe Tekin would have mentioned it. If one magically did, I imagine it would be added to the list.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

All Tekin would need to do is create a re badged non programmable RS, it really would be that hard for them to do. I'm sure if they got approval on something like that they'd be willing to produce it. Especially knowing their is a definite market for it.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

All Tekin would need to do is create a re badged non programmable RS, it really would be that hard for them to do. I'm sure if they got approval on something like that they'd be willing to produce it. Especially knowing their is a definite market for it.
So what we have now is a Tekin issue, not a VTA issue. You need to start blowing Tekins email account up with a 1000 of your VTA buddies that are going to pre-order, cash in full. Then we'll see if they do it. I don't have an MBA, but this doesn't sound as easy as some think. Maybe Tekin can fill us in how easy/feasible this concept is.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

+1
Old 01-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well hell we might as well just make it all Novak and be done with it
I am really interested in what the tracks locally are going to do.
I heard alot of complaining yesterday at the track about the "new" rules
Heard a few say they are looking forward to it, me being one of them.
All I know is I want to race and not just with a few cars.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Maybe they could approach this like castle did with there 1S mamba max pro's and go from there?
Old 01-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
Maybe they could approach this like castle did with there 1S mamba max pro's and go from there?
Good point, I would be interested in that. Email Tekin with ideas and see how they respond. Murdering this thread over what Tekin should do is pointless.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sportpak
Good point, I would be interested in that. Email Tekin with ideas and see how they respond. Murdering this thread over what Tekin should do is pointless.
Not necessarily, Tekin's obviously watching this thread, as they have already responded a couple of times wondering "what they could do?"

Now if we were dealing with LRP.... LMAO.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by robk
The rules are there to try to get the timing advance out of the speed controls. None of the escs on the list have timing advance as far as I know. The speed passions, LRP 2007, etc. all have advance, just not turbo or cheat mode or what ever.

As far as Tekin, I want to have non-externally programmable, non timing advance escs. They have a fine product, but I'm not going to ask them to make something new (without a data port) just for us.
I think the LRP is a throttle profile...meaning it gets to WOT at a rate set by the profile choosen....these where needed for low traction applications...the timing isn't adjusted.... Can anyone from LRP confirm this???
Old 01-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My LRP Sphere (non-TC) doesn't use timing advance. I can adjust brake settings and how aggressive the throttle is (punch control), that's it. I always run a 4.2 in the car and set the punch to "MODIFIED". It just lets the car pull through the gearing "faster" than the other settings because it's not limiting the throttle.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The class just spread out way to much already

The way I see it USVTA will just stay as a local club... where this rules/testing were created... Like I said before looked like the rules are beeing base only in one area and didn't take consideration in all the regions

Now there is a classic VTA too...

The new rules didn't benefit a lot of racers, so local tracks will have to run what is best for them and keep racers coming

ROAR released their 2010 rules, and the VTA rules did'nt change... so as far of official ROAR events a lot of racers will be able to compete without having to spend any money and run with whatever they been running for the past 2 years

Regarding Tekin, great company just as Novak, both companies are willing to work something out for the TA VTA class, so IMO both companies should have had a shot to be legal in the "USVTA" where the "US" does not apply any more the way everything is coming up
Old 01-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hope everyone is going to do the very best they can do to keep this class going in the right direction....Ive been reading all the type and see alot of good points...the best thing Ive heard is rather I agree or not is Rob K standing by his decision with the new rules...

I see alot of issues with them, but Im loyal to this class, and will do what I can to keep it going in my area as well as nationally...I think giving everyone till Sept 2010 is plenty of time to get the right euipment or stick with the current rules(locally)...

but I do have a question...how many USVTA races do we have per year?

these rule will affect the races put on by the USVTA?...or is it for any track looking for USVTA support...like Snowbirds,Vegas,Cleveland,BTH,MCC..ect... or is it like the Novak Race where they came with a set of rules for that race?....I would like someone to clear this up due to the fact that very few VTA racers travel outside their region....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.