Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

as someone running speed passion gear, if USVTA decided to run only say havoc escs, I would accept it and buy the ESCs. The cost of them as someone else stated isn't much especially for a refurb unit.

as I have said before, you have to pay to play.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

The fact that they have enough of remans laying around to sell everyone is enough to keep me from running them... I like dependable equipment.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
The fact that they have enough of remans laying around to sell everyone is enough to keep me from running them... I like dependable equipment.
In which case you DEFINITELY don't want Tekin or LRP...
Old 12-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have always thought that Tamiya TCS races were IDK I guess I just always felt that they were more about selling Tamiya kits than they were about promoting the hobby. But there really is something to having rules that are spec everything right down to the types of kit that are allowed to compete. I think for TCS the TX,RX, and servo are the only allowed options when the ESC comes with the kit. Isnt that the case?

Im still not sure that VTA should spec everything.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scottrik
In which case you DEFINITELY don't want Tekin or LRP...

I guess if you don't wanna run up front then DEFINITELY go with Novak. Their esc's aren't "competitive" the ones that don't end up going up in smoke in the pits end up getting smoked on the track, Period.

P.S. Merry Christmas Scottrik
Old 12-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Company Representative

We don't have factory remans laying around FWIW.....

Most returns come in under our non-warranty Service Option Program.

If someone orders a factory re-manufactured item (from our service program or store) and we do not have a reman unit in inventory, we ship a new item to the customer. These units are dependable and carry a new 120 day factory warranty.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Funny I can change my Havoc drag brake setting faster than a computer will boot up and I don't have to pull any wires. A new brushless motor would cost 75 -100 dollars. Teching takes plenty of time and mad racers. The simple 90-100 dollar fix. Novak Havoc or XRB only speedo. I check the reman novak site from time to time and I don't see havoc's always offered. That tells me their is not hundreds of them availible. And yes if someone was suggesting only 1 kind of speedo I didn't have or like it, might be a problem for me too. The thing is I have LOSI, SP, CC and Novak and Novak's is the rock o gibralter. Checking to see what version a certain esc is programed too seems like such a cluster orgy. Brushed is about a year from being exstink and I love brushless motors that can't be tweaked very much. Just my .02
Old 12-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by speedster1919
Funny I can change my Havoc drag brake setting faster than a computer will boot up and I don't have to pull any wires. A new brushless motor would cost 75 -100 dollars. Teching takes plenty of time and mad racers. The simple 90-100 dollar fix. Novak Havoc or XRB only speedo. I check the reman novak site from time to time and I don't see havoc's always offered. That tells me their is not hundreds of them availible. And yes if someone was suggesting only 1 kind of speedo I didn't have or like it, might be a problem for me too. The thing is I have LOSI, SP, CC and Novak and Novak's is the rock o gibralter. Checking to see what version a certain esc is programed too seems like such a cluster orgy. Brushed is about a year from being exstink and I love brushless motors that can't be tweaked very much. Just my .02

Other than the boost and turbo features you can adjust every parameter on the Tekin with the mode and function buttons, no laptop required, no plugs and wires to pull. Believe me, I've owned a Havoc and can say from experience that the Tekin is more user friendly.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thats fine on the TEKIN but most of this dicussion all boils down to money. Did your Tekin cost $90 new? Probaby more like $200....Speed = Money, most of the time.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
We don't have factory remans laying around FWIW.....

Most returns come in under our non-warranty Service Option Program.

If someone orders a factory re-manufactured item (from our service program or store) and we do not have a reman unit in inventory, we ship a new item to the customer. These units are dependable and carry a new 120 day factory warranty.
I wont dispute your customer service. I applaud you for that.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Thats fine on the TEKIN but most of this dicussion all boils down to money. Did your Tekin cost $90 new? Probaby more like $200....Speed = Money, most of the time.
And don't forget to add-in the cost (and hassle) of the laptop to take advantage of the "bonus features". Nor the $40 Tekin stabbed you to play beta-tester. Or...

Merry Christmas/Happy Hannuaka/Mucho Quanza/Fantastic Festivus to all!!

Getting ready to head to the in-laws and watch the nephews and nieces tear into Christmas Morning: Phase Two!!
Old 12-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BadSign
I think what a lot of people here are forgetting is that the purpose of VTA is to have fun, not win.
Really? So why not race, and at the end of the night every racer's name gets drawn out of a hat to determine the winner and top three.

Sad thing is, my chances of finally winning would improve 100% under that system!
Old 12-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=TEKTT1152

and thats brand new, you can buy em used on the board all day long for $120.

You don't really have to have to have the HotWire, I mean it's only on of the most popular esc's on the market right now. I don't know about where your from but I could have access to no fewer than 10 laptops on any given race day just about anywhere I race. Most of us have have a laptop with us and in good spirit of the class and competition would gladly let you use it.

For my $ I'd rather go fast...

Last edited by trerc; 12-25-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

For my $ I'd rather go fast...
For which there are a PLETHORA of classes...TC, WGT, 1/12, RCGT, etc where you can (and are encouraged to) spend it all in search of speed.

VTA is the ONE class in ALL of RC that was INTENTIONALLY set up to be COMPARATIVELY sloooooow.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
For which there are a PLETHORA of classes...TC, WGT, 1/12, RCGT, etc where you can (and are encouraged to) spend it all in search of speed.

VTA is the ONE class in ALL of RC that was INTENTIONALLY set up to be COMPARATIVELY sloooooow.
Then when the speed controls that are upgradeable first came out why were they not INTENTIONALLY outlawed to begin with. Thus saving all this disagreement. I like many don't have a issue with the current speed. Now saying that I think they should not go any faster. The horse done left the barn and your going to have a hell of a time getting it back in now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.