Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
come on I made it back from Cleveland OH after the carpet nats which was 514 miles in 6:50 and had to stop for gas only once.
No drive through? Did you stop to pee? Did you wear a diaper?

Did you use the NASA drive to kill your lover plan?
Old 05-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Who says the rules don't produce good results! (some sandbagging and intentional fun-having transpired, your results may vary)

We ran right at the 4.2 gear ratio limit on a decently sized 1/10 asphalt track, and that made for some great straightaway battles. The motors came off 120F in the heat of the day, and while I am not sure if any brushed motors raced, if they did, the competition was fairly even with the 21.5BL gear limit in use.
.046...thats close...you had to cross at the same time...somebody pt is up front
Old 05-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default race report

http://thunder.rc50.com

Friday Night Thunder Pro Trans AM Onroad
well still lite turn outs but better then last time. looking to make it grow this Summer.
first round Myron took TQ with a 22 laps 5:03.7 but that didn't last past the second round with "TQ" Donald M retaking it with a 22 5:02.6 and Robert D steping up in to second qualifing with a 22 5:03.2 the battle for the front was followed a few laps back with an equally tight battle for the top of the "B" with W.W running out a 16 5:08 in the second round and Clint S running a 16 5:03 in the third round and Daniel W running a 15 5:08 for the first round qualifing with Ricky J running a 12 5:03 in round 1 so the "B" main started out with a battle between Clint and W and then Daniel coming up to battle W after Clint had pulled away. Then W. came back to start closing in on Clint till just 30 seconds left on the clock W. lost a tire and that allowed Daniel to pass his dad to take second with Ricky J bringing it home 4th. the "A" main start out with a false start on Myron and Donald so after Robert D passed them in the first corner as they waited for the true start they both peeled Robert in the second corner to go on and battle it out for the lead. I think I need to dock them both laps. Donald started to fall off with an ill handling car after Myron had taken the lead which allowed Robert to close on Myron. Myron not making any major mistakes did not allow Robert who was consitantly quicker to close the gap enough to challenege after coming from over half a lap down. So Myron took the win, subject to sactioning body rulings which may not be resolved till later this season, and Robert D in second with Donald M a distant third after pulling his ill handling car off the track.
full results
http://results.rc50.com/Thunder_RC_N...le/05-22-2009/
http://results.rc50.com/Thunder_RC_N...points2009.htm
Old 05-27-2009, 10:53 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

hey u guys should know that hobbytown frederick just had a 2hr trans am enduro. single car single 21.5 'N-brand' motor per your rules. all 6 cars went 2hrs w/o any major mechanical failures, all 6 motors went and they did this all on 1 set of tires!!!! most felt that they'd need a change, but it didnt end up occuring that way. indoor asphalt too. pretty neat, some tired fenders and quarters though heh.

R
Old 05-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
hey u guys should know that hobbytown frederick just had a 2hr trans am enduro. single car single 21.5 'N-brand' motor per your rules. all 6 cars went 2hrs w/o any major mechanical failures, all 6 motors went and they did this all on 1 set of tires!!!! most felt that they'd need a change, but it didnt end up occuring that way. indoor asphalt too. pretty neat, some tired fenders and quarters though heh.

R
Awesome, I've been anxiously awaiting the results of that race! I didn't so much care who won, moreso how much fun ya'll had.

Looking forward to attending the other enduro's the C is having, can't wait!
Old 05-27-2009, 11:59 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

results are on jlap. may 17th IIRC

R
Old 05-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Mistake free racing in TA...Is the difference in 1st and 2nd...very good and even racing
Old 05-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I hope im not just realy slow on this but I just heard HPI is makeing a VTA Slick whats up with this. Will they ever be legal or is it so new no testing has ever been done. guess theres no reason to buy them if you cant "leagly" use them. and to those that dont know about them here they are.
http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/4792/
Old 05-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiscnitro
I hope im not just realy slow on this but I just heard HPI is makeing a VTA Slick whats up with this. Will they ever be legal or is it so new no testing has ever been done. guess theres no reason to buy them if you cant "leagly" use them. and to those that dont know about them here they are.
These have been out for quite awhile now.

And here in Hawaii it seems the treaded tires work better then the slicks.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

They're not a "VTA" slick -- they're a "Vintage" slick. They're not intended for, nor are they legal in, USVTA racing.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wiscnitro
We allow them at our track because the shop got them in. I had bought some before the official rules came about. I have been the only one using them so far on our outdoor track and my thought is that the treaded tires are better, initially. It seems to take longer to get the rears to heat up wwith the slick and so the first few laps are kinda sketchy, but once they do they are as good as the treaded.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I believe the vintage slicks are designed to go along with the vintage wheels, specifically, the vintage stock car rims. If you look at all their bodies they've got some pretty nice stock car bodies. HPI has also developed some non-vintage stock car rims in 26mm i think.

Which brings up the question, will oval touring car racing ever be big? HPI has the wheels, tires and bodies to go with it. I bet if they made some Vintage Stock Car shells that it would be pretty popular.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was just suprised when I heard about them. Even a few guys that work at the LHS/Track didnt know about them but if there is no need for them then why bother. Back to racing. I just made my first run last night on new tires now I wish I would of kept the old ones 8 Min Main went from ok traction to rear way loose then the front went away so for 5 mins out of 8 I was either fishtailing or pushing so bad I almost had to come to a complete stop so it would turn guess i should of preped them before mounting them on the rims
Old 05-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

another camaro

Old 05-30-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Fort Wayne, IN is having a VTA race as an event of the Three Rivers Festival. It will be outdoor asphalt with electricity provided. $25 pre-register/ $35 day of. Should lots of cool door prizes.

Here is a link to the flyer....
http://www.trfonline.org/2009Applica...TA%20Flyer.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.