Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Doug,

I think you may want to rethink your post about spiolers......

Give them an inch, they will take a mile.....
no take backs?
Old 09-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Guys forgive me for this off topic post, but this is where I spend most of my time reading.

My neighbor just asked me to pick him up a Slash when I get mine tomorrow.

So now his asked me advice on a charger and batteries. I go the batteries cover. But I need advice on a inexpensive NIMH charge for sport packs.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
you really are THICK....
Really, there is no need for insults.

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I love this class and push it to the limit here locally...

and I race almost any and every class out there..incl..2wd buggy,2wd truck, 4wd buggy, 8th scale, tc.....but my by far favorite is TA...and the look of real racing is what I love the most...have you not seen the paint thread?... and FYI..that was my idea also...I have done and will contiue to do as much for this class as possible...

ps...if I wanted speed...4.5 in B44 is plenty...

pss...dont take anything I post to seriously.....cause Im really not that good, most of those are 2nd place..lol

[EDIT: Never mind, not worth the waste of time for everyone else.]
Old 09-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TwoTone

So now his asked me advice on a charger and batteries. I go the batteries cover. But I need advice on a inexpensive NIMH charge for sport packs.

Thanks
Try the Duratrax Onyx line of chargers, the Onyx 200 is around 39.99, the 210 is 49.99 retail, might be a little cheaper at your LHS. Both charge up to 5A, but NiCd,Nimh only.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

I was getting the window mask out of the HPI bag when I noticed the touring car wing. Not a lip spoiler, but a full fleged TC wing. This is my first 66 Mustang to paint so it just seems totally out of place that theres a wing in the bag. I guess you could use the lexan to make a short deck lid spoiler. To me the wing was just something to throw away. Maybe I will use it to test paint samples.

I just dont see bashers using the wing. I dont see TC racers using the Mustang shell. Sure doesnt fit in VTA.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I was getting the window mask out of the HPI bag when I noticed the touring car wing. Not a lip spoiler, but a full fleged TC wing. This is my first 66 Mustang to paint so it just seems totally out of place that theres a wing in the bag. I guess you could use the lexan to make a short deck lid spoiler. To me the wing was just something to throw away. Maybe I will use it to test paint samples.

I just dont see bashers using the wing. I dont see TC racers using the Mustang shell. Sure doesnt fit in VTA.
That Mustang shell has been out a LOT longer than there's been a VTA. So, for that matter, has the Camaro, though not quite as long. I'm guessing the Mustang was aimed at folks who think "Hmmm...1/10 touring car...where's the wing...?"

Repair strips, cut it into "dots" to reinforce body post holes, etc. Lots of things can be done with flat strips of lexan.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Lots of things can be done with flat strips of lexan.
I guess I should never complain about a gift huh ? Even if it is something I seem to have no use for.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I guess I should never complain about a gift huh ? Even if it is something I seem to have no use for.
Ah...you learn very quick, Glasshopper. Now, when you can snatch the M11 from hand you will be one with the Vintage Trans-Am...
Old 09-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Why do I see the blind Sensei with the wierd eyes saying," If you can race across this rice paper and leave no trace, then you will have learned." Then you look along the paper and its got Vintage HPI tread running down the whole thing. That would make a great spoof for a video.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TwoTone
My neighbor just asked me to pick him up a Slash when I get mine tomorrow.
I went to the track this afternoon to get some practice in with the T/A and caught the last off-road race of the day, which was the Slash race. Our club races them absolutely bone stock as a spec class. Now I want a Slash! It looked like those guys were having VTA-type fun -- slower speeds, door-banging racing, and close competition.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

It would make sense that you could translate all or a large part of the VTA formula into something off road. By that I mean.

1. Slow it down.
2. Make it look realistic, something you can relate to.
3. Make it cost effective. I know that the words racing and cheap really dont go together, but we can try to keep the cost down.

I think it would be fun to race crawlers on the local dirt track that is set up for 1/8 Nitro. Catch is you would have to use the crawler set up.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

It would make sense that you could translate all or a large part of the VTA formula into something off road. By that I mean.

1. Slow it down.
2. Make it look realistic, something you can relate to.
3. Make it cost effective. I know that the words racing and cheap really dont go together, but we can try to keep the cost down.

I think it would be fun to race crawlers on the local dirt track that is set up for 1/8 Nitro. Catch is you would have to use the crawler set up.
Not to sound like a jerk, but that sound like the "Slash" class that alot of tracks have adopted.

Chad O
Old 09-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
I went to the track this afternoon to get some practice in with the T/A and caught the last off-road race of the day, which was the Slash race. Our club races them absolutely bone stock as a spec class. Now I want a Slash! It looked like those guys were having VTA-type fun -- slower speeds, door-banging racing, and close competition.
I said this over on the Slash tread, if only I had a track that had both.
Yes the stock Slash class is the USVTA of off road.

Those things are almost indestructable. Took my 6 year old to a skate park with his. In his excitement, he ran it full speed off the corner off a 12ft quarter pipe, so about 16ft into the air, landed and nothing broke. I was amazed.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stagger2
Not to sound like a jerk, but that sound like the "Slash" class that alot of tracks have adopted.

Chad O
I agree, the Slash Class is resetting the foundation for budget, close, competitive style racing on the off road. Like one poster already mentioned, Slash class is the USVTA of the off-Road. They both share the same philosophy. Right now, they're the best thing going in RC racing... On the flip side of the coin, I don't think its totally about actually "slowing" the classes down. For obvious reasons, slowing classes down IS more attractive to the new-comer or returning vet. Putting the racing on a fair playing ground is the bigger picture. USVTA & Slash are two divisions that realize that. There are rc racers out there that don't mind fast classes, but I think even they would like to see their classes obtain the true spec/tech rules, levels & standards of classes such as Vintage TA. In their classes Everyone will be Fast, but everyone will be EQUALLY fast, so it still comes down to driving skills, chassis and gearing set up. ... J.M.O.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scottrik
That Mustang shell has been out a LOT longer than there's been a VTA.
LOL, I got my first Mustang body at an HPI Challenge back in 2001!!!! Glad I saved it....Hahaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.