U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Old 07-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Let me clarify something here. I believe that when people know the rules and intentionally go against them just the sake of being difficult, it's not the same as when someone is dipping their toe in the water to try the class out. I think it's lame to side-step the intent of the class and the spirit of the rules just to be "different." If someone refuses to conform to class rules just because they are paying an entry fee—that's a whole different can-o-worms. That's just my opinion. Most track owners don't feel this way.
You have a good point, but I dont think you are defining me very well. So I can only assume that you are misinterpreting my intentions. Did I mention that my car is legal? Im sorry if you think Im trying to side step the spirit of the class. I guess I thought the idea was to slow it down and run some cool looking muscle car shells, for which I am still completely on board. So dont treat me like Im trying to run a 10.5/Lipo. Its not fair to say that Im refusing to conform to the class. In the end its between me and the other guys in my class.

I think many forget that this all started as "scale model racing" and not some personalized interpretation of what cars really look like. I prefer that the USVTA class and rules brings back the scale realism and enthusiasm for model race cars, and not just racers bringing a fleet of insipid fluorescent lexan cartoon carpet cleaners to the track. Again, that's an opinion—mine.
I agree, but I still dont like the numbers or the sponsor sheets.

My comment about turning people away includes those who insist on trying to force the issue with tires, motors, batteries and anything else that goes against the spirit of the class. That doesn't include new racers or people who are actually trying to adapt to the class. People manipulating rules to suit themselves and not betterment of the class is not a good thing for anyone. That's my only point.
I see your point and I did not mean to come across that way. I was just trying to say how I would have it if I could. I also felt like you were personally attacking me, because I hate the numbers. Perhaps that was not the case.

I just can't stand to hear racers say things like, "I'm gonna do it my way regardless of the rules, and the track owner shouldn't care because it's another entry fee." That's the kind of stuff that hurts all of R/C racing—not just any one class. I get disappointed when I see people doing things like that, because it's really more of a sign of the times than anything wrong with toy car racing.
Yeah I didnt mean to come across like that, but if you would send away a legal car because it doesnt have numbers on it? When gas is four bucks a gallon and good tracks are sometimes hours apart? I think thats just mean. Just my opinion. If you feel that way then you should have numbers available, or free.

There are plenty of tracks around the country using some or part of the USVTA rules. That's cool, as long as you're running the class and it's healthy. Run the USVTA rules or don't—that's up to the home club or local track. I'm just happy to see that class grow at the local level.
Then we are good.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

That gets a big WOW!...good job guys on shaking hands and moving forward..

I hope this thread can be used for questions and answers...and I got one...

its 90+ degrees outside...140 on the pavement...do you cut some holes in the windsheild to get the air.....or gear down to keep from overheating?

this has already been answered, but I would like to see what everyone thinks

thanks...
Old 07-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
oh wait you mean this one?
yep I painted something other then a fade with my standard colors my fade is also in the picture.
personally I think it suxs, just looks like everybody else but to each their own. this body was too pretty to run and I spent like 8 hours painting it. and 1 full can of forecent yellow. usually I can get 3 or 4 bodies out of a can.
Very nice

I knew you had it in you.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:08 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
its 90+ degrees outside...140 on the pavement...do you cut some holes in the windsheild to get the air.....or gear down to keep from overheating? this has already been answered, but I would like to see what everyone thinks thanks...
Dont those bodies have side vents (brakes, engine, rear brakes, C-Post)??? any rule on puttin real louvers into those section to extract air?

Worst comes to worse, nacaduct!

R
Old 07-22-2008, 03:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

its 90+ degrees outside...140 on the pavement...do you cut some holes in the windsheild to get the air.....or gear down to keep from overheating?

thanks...
Sunday afternoon, Air temp 95F, track temp 130F, 8 minute main speedo 120F, motor 130F, 4.3 fdr, GT350 body, no holes or vents. This was the 21.5/lipo car.

27t/4cell, speedo was 110F motor 180F. 5.53 fdr, 66 mustang body

I don't really think there should be much concern about over heating anything.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi nut
Sunday afternoon, Air temp 95F, track temp 130F, 8 minute main speedo 120F, motor 130F, 4.3 fdr, GT350 body, no holes or vents. This was the 21.5/lipo car.

27t/4cell, speedo was 110F motor 180F. 5.53 fdr, 66 mustang body

I don't really think there should be much concern about over heating anything.
you must remember Darkside is not running 4cell he is running at a track with 6 cell and him and I smoked a few things this last weekend. 1 17.5 and 2 CO27s for me and I think he got a couple speedos for gearing too high. but we were pushing the limit. I don't think that you can with 4cell as easy altought I got close with my 12th scale at the pavement nats with a 4.0 rollout
Old 07-22-2008, 06:27 AM
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Im not crazy about the big round spot on the side of the car. Or of any numbers at all. I respect the effort you have put in to making this class equal across the board, but I dont think you should have the right to be the paint job and sticker Nazi.
I see some of your points, but in what class of racing have you ever not seen numbers on the sides of cars?
It's something that was regular back before autolapcounters at every local track and large race I ever attended, but apparently only came about totally out of laziness or obstinance by the latest generation of "do it my way" drivers that also seem to favor tribal graphics to match their latest tatoo or fade paint schemes that make almost every car look like something Stevie Wonder did and lacking any sort of orginality.

These are supposed to be race cars aren't they?
If you want to join the local customizer or lowrider club then by all means go that route, but I thought racing was different.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

NASH...I hooked up 3 speedos backwards...just simply rushing to get on the track...too excited to race and whoop up on some of you ABM members..?

my tc3-bmi-brushless car was geared for indoors and when I put that small spur on it ...and then went to change it and stripped the motor screw.....thermal after 2min.....on 2 heats,,,,then I turn my radio down to 60% to finally get a complete run by driving "LAID BACK"...still got 3rd qual.

but turn it back up for the main and went back to 2-3min and thermal...wait.wait..wait..finish 6th...YUMMY....STILL HAD MORE FUN EVEN WITH THE TECH PROBLEMS....THANKS GUYS....
Old 07-22-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

I think you are a day late and a dollar short on this whole thing. Basically you are saying that you want me to go away. I thought we wanted this thing to grow.

Can you get me the number for the local customizer or lowrider club?

Stevie Wonder?
Old 07-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

something told me going to an onroad car too was a bad idea
Old 07-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
something told me going to an onroad car too was a bad idea
LOL trust me you will think otherwise this coming weekend all the internet talk is mostly BS
Old 07-22-2008, 07:41 AM
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Stevie Wonder?
Wasn't he the originator of the "fade" haircut style, and the paintjob?
Old 07-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.
4 3 2 1
Old 07-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
outlandr...you making the big race this Sunday with us?
If I can get the "honey do" list done I'd love to race.I've had a lot of fun at the last two races I've run @ Strictly.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

That gets a big WOW!...good job guys on shaking hands and moving forward..

thanks...
I wonder if cutting holes in the actual grill will do anything?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.