Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rise my hand for questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

Default rise my hand for questions

I am newbie this forums. I will get cyclone s rtr, I aware the 27mhz system running on cyclone. I am very disappoint that a brand hpi Pistol-Grip Radio no longer made by Airtronics. So I never like a brand fuaba, it looks funny. I will get rid of hpi 27mhz pistol-grip radios made by Fuaba. I want another Pistol-Grip Radios as replacemnt of a brand [hpi] fuaba. I want to know which one brand of Pistol-Grip Radios is good working for cyclone rtr with 27mhz?

I really need your advice and feed back asap?

Thank in advance.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

any am radio that would for with am but for the price might want to upgrade to fm or dsm u can get a real nice airtronics mx3 for a about 120 new and that has a 10 car memory
Old 12-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TeckLancer
any am radio that would for with am but for the price might want to upgrade to fm or dsm u can get a real nice airtronics mx3 for a about 120 new and that has a 10 car memory
Tecklancer,
any am radio, you mean I can buy airtronics blazer sport for cyclone rtr? airtronics blazer sport is capable for race on track?

what FM and DSM stand for?

I have to get rid of all 27mhz system (receiver, esc, and servo) and get FM syetem as upgrade? I just wondering.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Farbes...
An Airtronics Blazer is a pretty basic radio, if you intend to do racing. A better choice by Airtronics would be the MX3 which is available as FM.
AM stands for "Amplitude Modulation" It has been used for decades, and can be affected by radio interference easily.
FM stands for "Frequency Modulation" It has also been around a while, but it is more resistant to radio interference.
Both AM and FM can be bought on the 27mhz that you are looking for, and it only affects the transmitter and receiver. (your servos and ESC do not have to be replaced between AM versus FM)
DSM is a newer technology for R/C use. It works on the 2.4 ghz frequency, and is not affected by radio interference at all. An added benefit, is the lack of specific channels. (With a AM or FM system, you have to make sure your channel is not being used, or you could cause somebody to crash... or they cause you to crash.)

Here's the Airtronics MX3 on 27mhz FM
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...&pn=AIR9051027

Here's the MX3 equipped with synthesized channels. (no seperate crystals to change)
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...&pn=AIR9052027

Here's a DSM radio, made by Spektrum. The shape is similar to a JR Propo design.
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=SPM20300

All of these links are to a mail-order company, but these radios should be available from any supplier of your choice.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Thistle, Thank you for clarfication! You mean I can change the 27mhz (chip) and receiver to the 75mhz (chip) and receiver, thats it, Am I right?

An Airtronics Blazer is a basic radio? Airtronics Blazer can use 27mhz or 75mhz receiver either of what I read airtronics site. my question is: Will the XP2 transmitter be capable with the 75mhz (chip and receiver) ? Because XP2 and Blazer looks similar hardware and design under Airtronic.

HPI XP2 (made by Airtronics) for 5 bucks that I saw on ebay, will that radio work with Cyclone S RTR?

Thank in advance.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Not the chip...the whole reciever. When you buy a new radio system it will come with a new radio, reciever, and servos. You swap the old reciever with the new one and everything will work fine.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Not the chip...the whole reciever. When you buy a new radio system it will come with a new radio, reciever, and servos. You swap the old reciever with the new one and everything will work fine.
InsGadgt, I honest with you, I won't be serious rc racer like rc racing pro racers. I might be on and off, depend on my mood or my errands. I buy rc car to customize it as upgrade/modifications, drive on street and on track for blast fun!

that why I looking for 27mhz/ or 75mhz radio is very simple, reliable and quality. I don't need to get r/c luxury radio for being racing on track.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Radio

If you want to mostly bash around for fun and sometimes race I would look at the Spectrum DX2 system. It is the cheapest of the spectrum systems and has all the features you need to race at beginner level. It is not hard to use (even I can do it and I am a dummy)besides if you have trouble someone will always help you.
The spectrum system has no chrystals/chips. It finds its own channel every time you switch it on so you dont have to worry about someone else having the same channel. The only drawback is it only has 2 model memory.
You can get these systems for between $150.00 to $200.00 if you look around. Ebay as well.

Just my opinion of course.

Terry
Old 01-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Tech Adept

I have been thought about getting Airtronics MX-3 FHSS 2.4 GHz Radio. Then getting rid of 27Mhz radio.. I do not need the best radio out there but I am looking for decent radio in this sub-price range, Because I don't mind to buy Airtronics MX-3 FHSS 2.4 GHz Radio about 200 bucks. (NOTE: I need your advice/feedback)>> Do you think Airtronics MX-3 FHSS 2.4 GHz Radio is good quality?? there is pro/con about Airtronics MX-3 FHSS 2.4 GHz Radio? and Will 2.4Ghz radio work with cyclone rtr (stock 27t motor, ESC, servos, and regular 7.2v battery)?

Thank in advance and happy new year!

Last edited by FARBES; 01-01-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, it's an excellent radio, and will work in the Cyclone rtr.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default Final: I purchased FUTABA 3PK SUPER PISTOL GRIP!

Rc users, please forgive me for my comment was harsh toward futaba. Now see what happend that I purchased Futaba 3PK Super Pistol Grip with 75mhz a Module and Receiver instead of Airtronic pistol grip. That Futaba 3PK already fell in love with me ALREADY. Futaba. Hobby store explained and introduced the futaba 3PK to me, it can upgrade or downgrade module 2.4ghz or 27mhz. like all in the one SUPER PISTOL GRIP! that why my tempt bought it! no regret about it.

Many thanks for help me out and this forums is more worth and friendly!