Wiki Posts
Search

Sensor v Sensorless Brushless Speed Controls

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Sensor v Sensorless Brushless Speed Controls

It seems as if the majority of Brushless Speed controles are sensored units. Does anyone have first hand experience as to the major differences or advantages/disadvantages of the two types?
Old 01-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've been running the Quark SSB MK for some time now, with Orion 3.5 motor. I can seriously not feel any difference when going faster than creeping..
The only difference in the feeling is when creepin at minimum speed, it kicks away more in starting moment but then works just as good as a GTB..
Old 01-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My personal experience has shown that sensored has an advantage over sensorless in the higher turn motors where we tend to "roll the out" pretty hard. Say any motor from about 13.5 on up. When you roll out a motor 4" or so, the car has moved 4" and yet the rotor has not rotated even once. The speedo is looking for information it can't find, and the car is moving. This scenario can make for a glitchy start once in a while. If you roll out conservatively, I've not seen any problems even with the 17.5 and up stuff.

Sensorless down low, I've not seen any issues. Except the car is harder for me to drive...