Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
TC3 Touring Car Shocks >

TC3 Touring Car Shocks

TC3 Touring Car Shocks

Old 12-31-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TC3 Touring Car Shocks

I'm trying to build a set of blue threaded shocks for my TC3 and just can't seem to get them right. I'll get 2 real close for speed and rebound then let them sit for an hour and they're way off again. Building them according to the AE instructions but with no luck. Anyone got any secrets to building these.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by t4mania
I'm trying to build a set of blue threaded shocks for my TC3 and just can't seem to get them right. I'll get 2 real close for speed and rebound then let them sit for an hour and they're way off again. Building them according to the AE instructions but with no luck. Anyone got any secrets to building these.
It sounds like they are leaking, would that be right?

make sure you let all the air bubbles out, have new o-rings, have a new bladder in the top, and screw the shock cap on snuggly. try not to "pack" the shocks as much, as leaks will still occur.

Cheers!
Old 12-31-2007, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

They aren't leaking and all the parts are new. They are the older threaded shocks without the bladders.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The older bladderless shocks are of the emulsion variety of shocks. They need the air in them to mix with the oil in order to work properly. You need to pump the shocks, just work them up and down, to mix the air in the oil then they behave predictably on the track.