Search

Went to the track today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Went to the track today...

Hi

i went to the track today, hoping to have a go at doing a bit of racing.
took my car, borrowed some batteries (all the shops were closed >.<) and got heaped in with the 'caravan racing' (i was originally entering for electric outlaw too, but they jsut said race there with whatever you want). just a one off, since it was the christmas fun meet. i was a bit pissed because the motor came out of alignment on lap 3 (demolition darby driving!) and i had to retire for the race. i got on for a few practice laps after while the nitro's were firing up. i realised that my stock tyres were... lets face it. rubbish on the soaked track. so i went over to the table with all the wheels and tyres... and they had been put back. so i went out for 3 more heats, with my 'caravan' (rally car tied to the back ) in the pits because the towbar went. i was drifting all over, and wiped out a few cars, but always seemed to come out best (the plastic tub chassis strikes again ) and even flew through the air a few times off the rumble strips. i managed 3rd in one race, (out of 5 :P) and was 3rd fastest car on track (surprising, but the other 2 were minis). i never got to see my results, since they weren't posted.

but now, i'm hooked

sorry if i just wasted 5 mins of your life, i just had so much fun! i realised how slow my car was, but how little i needed to make it faster.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

5 minutes....
I read slow.
Congratulations. Racing is a blast huh? A coarse to run on is more challenging and makes for more excitement.
No turning back now. You'll be hooked for life now. Your toy is not a hobby any more once you start racing it. Its a sport....

GO FAST AND TRY NOT TO CRASH!
Old 12-31-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
5 minutes....
I read slow.
Congratulations. Racing is a blast huh? A coarse to run on is more challenging and makes for more excitement.
No turning back now. You'll be hooked for life now. Your toy is not a hobby any more once you start racing it. Its a sport....

GO FAST AND TRY NOT TO CRASH!
i tried both of those, and failed both i think with a decent motor, tyres and battery i could become competitive, until then, i'm stuck with the mini's
Old 12-31-2007, 05:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by joe of loath
i tried both of those, and failed both i think with a decent motor, tyres and battery i could become competitive, until then, i'm stuck with the mini's
Its still a kind of race though, which is going to be better than bashing (imho) Sounds like you had fun and thats the main thing!

In time i'm sure you will be able to upgrade stuff
Old 12-31-2007, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc3team
Its still a kind of race though, which is going to be better than bashing (imho) Sounds like you had fun and thats the main thing!

In time i'm sure you will be able to upgrade stuff
yep, i'm already looking at battery packs and stuff. just the vapextech 4300 ones. can't see the point of anything better. 5% performance increase for a 100% price increase? i don;t think so. i was looking at the mini's too. they're so cool! (and cheaper to run :P) and since thers only 3 people who actually race them atm, could be quite competitive...

roll on the next meeting!