Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T2'008, Mi3 or RDX Phi

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by abailey21
I would say go to your local track and find out what's is the best supported car there. Base your decision by what YOU want, not what every single solitary person on RC Tech decides for you.

You may end up with some base line entry level car that smokes every car thats been mentioned on this thread at your local track.

This should be the response every time someone asks this question.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know what car I think (As does Adam and Adrian) but it is based on my opinion using experience with other chassis and friends cars. Don't believe in asking this question on this site, it is one of the most frequent ones asked and the answers are all just opinions, usually biased ones. All the mentioned cars are good cars, one may suit you better than the others, it's really just up to you.

Rod
Old 12-30-2007, 08:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Your right, it should be.

Of course I want him to buy an MI3

Of course anyone driving a Corally will say that, everything on here is gong to be whatever that particular person drives.

I owned a car here in Tampa before I started at Schuie and I was the ONLY person at the track with that car, in turn I received zero parts support, zero setup support, and I looked like more of a buffoon than now at the track because I was REALLY by myself

If I went to the track and 30 club guys showed up with TC3's I'd drive a freaking TC3 and love it, it all in what's popular wherever you may live.

Originally Posted by punkboy

This should be the response everytime someone asks this question.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

what about the TRF416?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

what about the TRF416?
In my opinion Tamiya Cars dont break period. I started w/a TA05MS in a beginner class and now im racing in sportman class (im always at the last but in sportman ) and never broken any arms, c hubs ect. All my parts are collecting dust..

3 months ago Im proud to say that I have the latest tamiya car until the 416 came out...
Old 12-31-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
I would say go to your local track and find out what's is the best supported car there.
I would go further in clarifying "supported".

Supported to me means the LHS parts support and local racers setup help. If I had gone simply by racer support at my LHS, I would have ended up with an Mi3. The twist to this is that my LHS has ZERO parts support for the Mi3. I don't mind carrying extra parts, but in the case of the Mi3, it would have been all mail order.

When I went through this, I decided to dump my AE TC5 (lack of LHS and Racer Support) and went to the XRAY T2' 007 for the two primary reasons mentioned, LHS Parts Support and Racer Setup Help.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:11 AM
Woz
Tech Apprentice

9 times out of 10 if you ask a hobby company to get you parts they will be more than glad to. Just dont turn up and say i need the thingy majigger that fits onto the whatyamacallit. Go with part numbers and ask them to get them in. The car you should run is the one you like the most, have a look at your local track and ask to have a look at the cars they have. If you see one you like to look of and looks easy to work on then everything else doesn't matter. Get a car that they use at the track that you like the most. You'll have more fun and you'll be turning a lot faster lap times.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nutsisneat
Hi Ben

I drive a TC 5 btw. But if I would have to choose now: RDX, 008 or maybe Serpent S 400

Regards
Interesting you mention this. The TC 5 has cought my attention after seeing a write up in xtreme RC cars regarding the Reedy race of champions and the great results the AE team had. but i have been reading a lot of gripes about problems... alothough i do think the AE cars have price and parts availabilty to their favour ( i own a FT T4 and buy from losipartshouse.com )

Thanks for the input peoples I know a few will say "go to your track" and "see what your LHS supplies" etc etc... i will be racing between 3 or 4 tracks when i have time and they are anything up to 3 hours drive from where i live. I also live at least 1 hour from a small LHS and 2 hours from a large RC car focused LHS. I shop online as it suits my time constraints and locality. I am by no means new to RC and i would ask that people consider this before they drop the usual "go to your track noob" sentiments

I was interested to hear pros and cons from owners of these cars and i thank the people who gave productive input. I'm not going rush off and buy what ever i am "told" to buy on a forum. just looking for real world opinions.

Last edited by Phroz; 12-31-2007 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

From a fellow Aussie - I say RDX RDX RDX.....

I recently switched to the RDX, and the corner speed is incredible, setup changes are very simple...

It amazes me how 2 turns on the rear shocks can change the handling on this car.

I can hit lines like never before, precise steering.....

I run on ashpalt/rubber

G
Old 01-04-2008, 06:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Well, if you were looking for parts support why didnt you just ask your LHS to carry the parts?

I don't think he can use the "I can't get parts" excuse. I mean, I am right here??

I do want to clarify that I mean no disrespect by anything I said here, but as a consumer, if you wanted a car, wouldnt you ask the place you prefer to shop at to simply carry it?

Originally Posted by kn7671
I would go further in clarifying "supported".

Supported to me means the LHS parts support and local racers setup help. If I had gone simply by racer support at my LHS, I would have ended up with an Mi3. The twist to this is that my LHS has ZERO parts support for the Mi3. I don't mind carrying extra parts, but in the case of the Mi3, it would have been all mail order.

When I went through this, I decided to dump my AE TC5 (lack of LHS and Racer Support) and went to the XRAY T2' 007 for the two primary reasons mentioned, LHS Parts Support and Racer Setup Help.