Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
LiPo Worked Great Tonight >

LiPo Worked Great Tonight

LiPo Worked Great Tonight

Old 12-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default LiPo Worked Great Tonight

Tonight I used a LiPo in my car, and it worked great. There were no fires, scary explosions, hissing sounds, burned carpet or anything else to mention. I was a little worried the pack would be flat, since I charged it up a few days ago. I put it back on the charger to "peak" and it took 3mAh before saying it was done. The only problem is that I had to demean myself by using those nasty old Dean's plugs, which like LiPo, we all know are only for bashers and noobs. :-(

Everybody around me was using skeeeery NiMH batteries, and I was SO worried all night that one would explode and send a shower of shrapnel right at me! I think the NiMH guys should be forced to charge those scary batteries in an ammo box or something, they're a menace to society!
Old 12-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

LMAO!!
Old 12-29-2007, 01:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me

Everybody around me was using skeeeery NiMH batteries, and I was SO worried all night that one would explode and send a shower of shrapnel right at me! I think the NiMH guys should be forced to charge those scary batteries in an ammo box or something, they're a menace to society!
Stop pitting next to Sydor
Old 12-29-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Stop pitting next to Sydor
I'm waaaaay at the other end of the table. I especially liked the part tonight where he grabbed my radio and turned .1 faster laps with my car than I did, and he doesn't even run rubbers. :\
Old 12-29-2007, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Did you have to build carbon fiber or aluminum cages to protect your LiPo or charge in a track-mandated LiPo sack to protect us from ourselves?

I donno about those lipo thingies. I don't want my house to burn down or my car to melt. I'm far more comfortable using static-generated electricity to power anything I need. Infinite run time on Ozite, too. It's just a b!tch to discharge.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks to both of the threads here, I've decided that both Lipo and NiMh are far too scary. What are the chances of legalising WiTricity any time soon as that seem to be our only hope of making it home from the track w/o missing limbs or eyebrows?
Old 12-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
Thanks to both of the threads here, I've decided that both Lipo and NiMh are far too scary. What are the chances of legalising WiTricity any time soon as that seem to be our only hope of making it home from the track w/o missing limbs or eyebrows?
Just use The Force. Works for a few guys around the Midwest.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Old 12-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I feel for the guys Syndrome races with. It is probably just scary enough having him on the track no matter what battery he choses to use in his car!!
Old 12-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

I suggest we all start running lead batteries, so when something happens it is only acid that bites tru clothes and whatnot that leaks, and the fact that they produce explosive gas when charged, so we just ban all forms of flames and sparks made by brushed motors, smoking, connecting batts, ... for safety of use.