R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   LiPo Worked Great Tonight (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/197754-lipo-worked-great-tonight.html)

syndr0me 12-28-2007 11:58 PM

LiPo Worked Great Tonight

Tonight I used a LiPo in my car, and it worked great. There were no fires, scary explosions, hissing sounds, burned carpet or anything else to mention. I was a little worried the pack would be flat, since I charged it up a few days ago. I put it back on the charger to "peak" and it took 3mAh before saying it was done. The only problem is that I had to demean myself by using those nasty old Dean's plugs, which like LiPo, we all know are only for bashers and noobs. :-(

Everybody around me was using skeeeery NiMH batteries, and I was SO worried all night that one would explode and send a shower of shrapnel right at me! I think the NiMH guys should be forced to charge those scary batteries in an ammo box or something, they're a menace to society!

SWTour 12-29-2007 12:06 AM

LMAO!!

robk 12-29-2007 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by syndr0me (Post 4016456)

Everybody around me was using skeeeery NiMH batteries, and I was SO worried all night that one would explode and send a shower of shrapnel right at me! I think the NiMH guys should be forced to charge those scary batteries in an ammo box or something, they're a menace to society!

Stop pitting next to Sydor

syndr0me 12-29-2007 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by robk (Post 4016524)
Stop pitting next to Sydor

I'm waaaaay at the other end of the table. I especially liked the part tonight where he grabbed my radio and turned .1 faster laps with my car than I did, and he doesn't even run rubbers. :\

squarehead 12-29-2007 04:41 AM

Did you have to build carbon fiber or aluminum cages to protect your LiPo or charge in a track-mandated LiPo sack to protect us from ourselves?

I donno about those lipo thingies. I don't want my house to burn down or my car to melt. I'm far more comfortable using static-generated electricity to power anything I need. Infinite run time on Ozite, too. It's just a b!tch to discharge.

GreaseMonkey 12-29-2007 05:55 AM

Thanks to both of the threads here, I've decided that both Lipo and NiMh are far too scary. What are the chances of legalising WiTricity any time soon as that seem to be our only hope of making it home from the track w/o missing limbs or eyebrows?

Nexus 12-29-2007 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey (Post 4016848)
Thanks to both of the threads here, I've decided that both Lipo and NiMh are far too scary. What are the chances of legalising WiTricity any time soon as that seem to be our only hope of making it home from the track w/o missing limbs or eyebrows?

Just use The Force. Works for a few guys around the Midwest.

emulberry 12-29-2007 06:53 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeti35 12-29-2007 07:14 AM

I feel for the guys Syndrome races with. It is probably just scary enough having him on the track no matter what battery he choses to use in his car!! :D :sneaky:

UK.hardcore 12-29-2007 08:46 AM

I suggest we all start running lead batteries, so when something happens it is only acid that bites tru clothes and whatnot that leaks, and the fact that they produce explosive gas when charged, so we just ban all forms of flames and sparks made by brushed motors, smoking, connecting batts, ... for safety of use.:lol::lol::lol: