Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Department of Transportation bans Lithium batteries in alirline checked luggage >

Department of Transportation bans Lithium batteries in alirline checked luggage

Department of Transportation bans Lithium batteries in alirline checked luggage

Old 12-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Safety First

I am sure they do not have it out for the RC community. And it is not about spending more money on Airlines. This is for the safety of the passengers. (And if that does not concern anyone please do not FLY.) Just pictuer yourself in a Airplane at 35k Feet and a fire has taken place in the cargo or top bins. Yes this make things harder for the guys that will fly to the events, but no one wants to be that person who has cause a airline fire or worst. Hazardous Oxidizer or "Oxygen" meaning if a Fire starts and pressure O2 has it way.....it may not be a happy ending.

As a community we will have to come up with better ways to send our Equipment. We got to think of more than ourselves when traveling. I Normally fly with my RC equipment, but if someone told me that I could not carry something on or cargo I would have to do just that and leave it.

I have been holding rooms with US Marshalls until my luggage has been search many of times......They can request all the spec on any item that they can not determine what it is, including MSDS. And if you have to explain that from state to state, than that what you have to do.....Your luggage will be Flagged or you!
Old 12-30-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

rent a car.....

say the prayer..........

get there on your own time....

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a packet of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses... HIT IT!"
Old 12-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastharry
rent a car.....

say the prayer..........

get there on your own time....

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a packet of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses... HIT IT!"
the blues brothers. i had that car for the game 'midtown madness' lol...
Old 12-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Seems like no problem...just carry on your LiPo batts.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

if i would to bring a pack of lipo and hand carry it on board a flight, will i be stopped?

how would the officials know if someone carries a Lithium battery either in checked-in luggage or carry-on??