Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin R1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

We're being told just the opposite on the Sensored Motors...

We're hearing the R1 will NOT run the LOW RPM motors, and because of this they are in the midst of getting a RS version ready to market.

The RS from what I'm hearing WILL be a SENSORED ESC.

Image posted on HobbyTalk by Eric Salvas
Old 01-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

havent tekin contradicted itself a little i got the impression the r1 didn't need to be sensored becaue the technolgy inside for the senserless was second to none but now they are saying well actualy you do need to be sensored because it wont run low rpm very good. Am little confused! so its not as good as we all intialy thought.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by convikt
If and when Tekin has a "sensored" esc, I will try one. All my bl motors are sensored, therefore I will not hook it up to a esc that is not sensored.

I wish the industry could just come up with a standard that all companies can abide by
imo brushless is still very new technolgy for rc cars an idustry standrad would be a little detremental to the industry.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SWTour

We're hearing the R1 will NOT run the LOW RPM motors, and because of this they are in the midst of getting a RS version ready to market.

I hadn't heard that. Only what I've read here on their forums that it would work and that one of the reasons for the delays was they were having problems getting the software to work correctly with the Novak motors, but that it had been worked out. If that is true Tekin needs to make an announcement so people who want the sensored will wait instead of getting the R1 now then having another come out later.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stuey
imo brushless is still very new technolgy for rc cars an idustry standrad would be a little detremental to the industry.

That may be true but until a standard is established sanctioning bodies are not likely to legalize them.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stuey
havent tekin contradicted itself a little i got the impression the r1 didn't need to be sensored becaue the technolgy inside for the senserless was second to none but now they are saying well actualy you do need to be sensored because it wont run low rpm very good. Am little confused! so its not as good as we all intialy thought.
Yeah they did a bit. I don't really have a huge issue with that BUT if they take over a year to bring the sensored ESC to the market....oh boy! I am looking forward to the day when it is out, but I am not holding my breathe.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour

good news
Old 01-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Yeah they did a bit. I don't really have a huge issue with that BUT if they take over a year to bring the sensored ESC to the market....oh boy! I am looking forward to the day when it is out, but I am not holding my breathe.

to be honest sensord or not this esc is still looking like the number one choise for me until mrt realese theier brushless cos it will be smaller and fully waterproof but until then defintly the one
Old 01-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

The RS is coming out only because the R1 has a problem starting up from a standstill on 4cell oval with the 13.5 motors. This is only due to the very high rollout they're using in that class (4in rollout, that is huge) which prevents a correct feedback to the speedo, especially to help it start.

There aren't issues in the other classes.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
The RS is coming out only because the R1 has a problem starting up from a standstill on 4cell oval with the 13.5 motors. This is only due to the very high rollout they're using in that class (4in rollout, that is huge) which prevents a correct feedback to the speedo, especially to help it start.

where does this info come from?
Old 01-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

I'm a Tekin driver...
Old 01-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm a Tekin driver...
You test what series ?
Old 01-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok. So will there be a 13.5 sensorless system for 6 cell racing? Or is tekin scrapping that for a sensored 13.5 system?
Old 01-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

This is good news. I'm going to be using it for 4 cell road course and didn't want the extra sensor wires.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

what was posted about the Rollout / Motor issue was that the sensorless didn't like anything higher than a 1.5 rollout (Which is virtually EVERYTHING 4 cell expecpt MODIFIED or HOT MOTORS) and even the new LIPO based OVAL classes that are using the 17.5's and 21.5's have a higher rollout number than that...

I personally haven't tested these - the info I've seen and read comes from Team Drivers who did/have.

It has been said the sensorless versions are working great with the HOT MOTORS...

(If the Tekin responds anything like the CC Mamba Max system - IT had these same issues even in MOD off the line about 1/2 to 2/3rds the time. But Mambe had said their system would NOT support 4 cell racing when I spoke to them via email about the issue.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.