Imax B6 question. Any battery experts?
hello, i just bought Imax B6 charger. I have couple of questions. Question number 6 might be general question for any battery charger and any battery. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
1) When i select NIMH or NICD mode, I always get "Man".I never get "AUT", auto mode. What do i need to do?
2) In NiMH /NICD cell mode, I dont get to specify how much capacity/voltage my battery has. Is that not necessary?
3) I was trying to charge my 2/3Cell battery pack (6 cells-7.4 volts-1100mah). I was charging at 2A current. THe battery became hot. Does that mean it was already changed? But the charger didnt stop. I had to pull battery out. Why didnt charger stop charging after battery was charged and it was hot? is my charger broken?
4) I have subcell C battery and subcell 2/3A battery. Isnt the charging process for both battery same?
5) While i am charging any battery (lipo or NiHM battery packs) the reading doest look correct. For example I am charging 7.2 volt batter, the reading on charger says 9.6 volt!! Still the charger doesnt stop charging!! Same thing with LiPo pack.. With Lipo Pack its better because charging stops but still the voltage says 8.5 volt while charging my 7.4 volt battery.
6) In NiMh or NiCd mode there is no fast charge mode. Is that normal? What current do i need to set for a)NiCD 7.2volts sub-cell C, 1500mah battery b)NiMH 8.4Volt sub-cell C, 4500mah battery c) NiMh 7.2Volts sub-cell 2/3A 1100mah Battery?
7)Final question: Doesnt it have storage mode for NiMH or NICD battery? Like some other charger when charging is complete it will trickle charge. Does it do the same thing? Once the charging is complete. Does it automatically go to trickle charge? Where do i set what current i want for my trickle charge?