Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Old 10-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigdog xxx-s
Hey Paul-

For rubber tire, what do you think of the new proline R9-R body in comparison to the mazda 6, speed 6 and dna 2.

Hunter and I are running the DNA2, I kinda like the looks of the R9-R but how does it perform. Not sure if you did any testing with it or not and wondered where it fell in comparison to the others. Thought I'd ask.

Thanks..

Mike
While I'm not Paul Lemieux, I'm pretty sure i know the answer to this. I have personally not ran the body, but from the local racers who have ran it and from watching the forum about the body, it sounds like it is a very aggresive body, much more aggresive than speed 6, mazda 6 or dna 2.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by bigdog xxx-s
Hey Paul-

For rubber tire, what do you think of the new proline R9-R body in comparison to the mazda 6, speed 6 and dna 2.

Hunter and I are running the DNA2, I kinda like the looks of the R9-R but how does it perform. Not sure if you did any testing with it or not and wondered where it fell in comparison to the others. Thought I'd ask.

Thanks..

Mike
As 88driver said below, the body is more agressive than the mazda's. anyone that i have seen get comfortible with that body has gone fast because of it, so i think that you guys are doing well.

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Hi Paul, how much is the max degrees you use in steering, that would not affect the speed of the car and smooth of the drivshafts. Thanks.
Hi Nuno. i may not be 100%right about how i do it, but I run full lock steering at all times (steering block runs in to the caster block), obviously i do back down my epa's to just touch it or put a little pressure on the caster block. this way i have the max steering throw availible if i need it in a pinch, but i only use as much as i have to while driving a proper line.

Originally Posted by eded1
Thanks Paul,for your nice and clear explanation.
Jilles run with a 3.5SP an myself running at that time 4.0SP, sorry its not TRINITY.
Reading your information i understand that i've have to look how smooth the car is running (rubbertyres) and probably give it not more steering angle than nescesarry to keep up with the turns to rule out as much as possible friction.

Thanks Ed
no problem, Im sure that Jilles would have some input on your situation also if you get to run with him again.

Originally Posted by #88driver
While I'm not Paul Lemieux, I'm pretty sure i know the answer to this. I have personally not ran the body, but from the local racers who have ran it and from watching the forum about the body, it sounds like it is a very aggresive body, much more aggresive than speed 6, mazda 6 or dna 2.
Thanks for the early help.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Trinity brushless.

Hey Paul.

If someone had a gun to your head and you had to talk to Celine Dion, what would you say?

Secondly, What has Trinity done differently with their new motors and how does it affect them?

Dave.
P.S. you made me switch to Xray.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Paul, my question is because when i use to much steering i feel the car looses speed, and the wheels vibrate and when i see you guy´s racing you use very little steering, so i thought that you guy´s are so fast and have so much runtime because use less steering and not blocking the car speed.

Have you gone to thailand pratice. Have you tried the new ECS drive shafts.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Paul, do you balance your rubber tires for your TC?
Old 10-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

paul since you skipped over me (by accident) here is my questions again.

What did it do when you cut down the steering blocks on your TC ?
Will you be using lipo batteries at the upcoming big races?
Will you be at the Halloween classic?

Last edited by joerocket900; 10-22-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Paul,

Are you going to be around on Saturday at Trackside? Just wondering since they are starting their Saturday racing. I might be there, just waiting to hear back from Jim....

Have a good day,
Jeremy
Old 10-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by mtbboy
Hey Paul.

If someone had a gun to your head and you had to talk to Celine Dion, what would you say?

Secondly, What has Trinity done differently with their new motors and how does it affect them?

Dave.
P.S. you made me switch to Xray.
Hi Dave. Id say (shoot).
Because of the specific rules for brushless motors the general concept and size is the same on the new motors. but with that being said their are allot of things different. it has a timing ring and timing is easily adjusted, also the sensor and endbell assymbly is very secure, the design from top to bottom is all Jim Dieter's work, the Stack material and shape/thickness/#lamiations, rotor material, shaft. everything was Designed and tested by Trinity. I think that it is the most unique Brushless motor under this set of rules that i have seen.

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Thanks Paul, my question is because when i use to much steering i feel the car looses speed, and the wheels vibrate and when i see you guy´s racing you use very little steering, so i thought that you guy´s are so fast and have so much runtime because use less steering and not blocking the car speed.

Have you gone to thailand pratice. Have you tried the new ECS drive shafts.
yea,Everyone always tells me also that my wheels turn too far, but i say " show me a set up that has too much steering then i will turn it down". but you are definately right about more throw being less efficient. I have used the ECS drive shafts and they are awesome (NO BIND ATALL even full throw with a spool) I think they will require a different set up because of that.
thanks

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Paul, do you balance your rubber tires for your TC?
No i dont. i have ballanced tires before only to run them and have them right out of ballance again, possibly worse. I think in a off road truggy or a bigger tire it is usefull. In vegas i put ballance numbers on my tires 10 being badly out, and a 1 being good. after running a 10 was a 5 and a 1 was a 6 so i didnt bother balancing them atall.

Originally Posted by joerocket900
paul since you skipped over me (by accident) here is my questions again.

What did it do when you cut down the steering blocks on your TC ?
Will you be using lipo batteries at the upcoming big races?
Will you be at the Halloween classic?
Hi, sorry i dont know why i didn't see it.
Cutting your steering blocks will give the car more steering going in to the corner, it will also make the car more twitchy and reactive.
Im not totally sure but i think that i will be running lipo at cleveland, the worlds is the last race that sub c's are required that i will be attending for a while.
no I wont be at the Classsic, im just trying to get ready for the worlds.
good luck at the classic, paul.

Originally Posted by jbmx4life
Hey Paul,
Are you going to be around on Saturday at Trackside? Just wondering since they are starting their Saturday racing. I might be there, just waiting to hear back from Jim....

Have a good day,
Jeremy
Hi Jeremy, I told Nick to let me know if he is coming so i could be their for sure. maybe ill see you then. later
Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Paul.. Will EA follow Herrman's foot step's at The gate this weekned, Or will he rise to the top...?......
Old 10-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Gravity RC

I dont know, EA is one of the most improoved racers over the last year or so, but their will be allot of fast guys their.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Paul for your answers and patience, hope you have a good race in world championship.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Awsome .
Thanks again Paul.

Sorry about Celine America.
Especially the residents of Nevada.

Dave.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Hi, Paul, will it have a significante diference in using diferent lenght shafts.
Are you using the original oring for your shocks or could it be a diferent brand like MM, Hara tamiya...
Old 10-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
I dont know, EA is one of the most improoved racers over the last year or so, but their will be allot of fast guys their.
Originally Posted by John Tag
Paul.. Will EA follow Herrman's foot step's at The gate this weekned, Or will he rise to the top...?......
I was walking step for step with Herrmann this weekend!! Damn you Tag!

EA
Old 10-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Paul, what adjustments do you use most to deal a car that is traction rolling?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.