Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Dang....Paul's being watched!!

EA
WOW!!! the xray police is out on full force on this one just show the car allready whats the big deal.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ngo8
WOW!!! the xray police is out on full force on this one just show the car allready whats the big deal.
I was just messing with Bryan.

The pictures cant be released by any of the Team guys or the US Distributor until its officially released by Xray. If you visit the T3 thread though you can see some un-official pics from someone overseas.

EA
Old 10-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I was just messing with Bryan.

The pictures cant be released by any of the Team guys or the US Distributor until its officially released by Xray. If you visit the T3 thread though you can see some un-official pics from someone overseas.

EA
i have allready i was just messing around trying to give these guys a hard time alittle bit
Old 10-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any reviews on how the car performs at this time?

Originally Posted by ngo8
i have allready i was just messing around trying to give these guys a hard time alittle bit
Old 10-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R1wurks
I have looked to the pictures linked by red rc, and in my opinion the Hudy familie are traying to get the center of gravity as low as possible.
This give the car more corner speed as the 009 combined with a more flex producing chassis plate (more steering for rubber tyres).
This is all I see on the pictures and what as the engineering is finished??

Thanks Ed
Old 10-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

eded, if anything, the CG looks higher than the 009, but the difference must be incredibly small and unnoticeable. How do you figure it is lower?
Old 10-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by adamge
eded, if anything, the CG looks higher than the 009, but the difference must be incredibly small and unnoticeable. How do you figure it is lower?
Hi, adamge.
Wat i have notice is the motor bhd is thinner and lower and the layshaft bhd is lower. The motor bhd wil not stay as a solid mass butt shall have cut outs.
The motor is moving 1.5mm towards the center of the car.
This result in a litle bit less roll and give more corner speed.
As you know allready this tiny differences make the difference.
Thanks

Ed

Last edited by eded1; 10-12-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eded1
Hi, adamge.
Wat i have notice is the motor bhd is thinner and lower and the layshaft bhd is lower. The motor bhd wil not stay as a solid mass butt shall have cut outs.
Thanks

Ed
i feel u know then just eyeballing it novak will b its day view i bet
Old 10-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure that the performance has been optimized.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Customworksking
i feel u know then just eyeballing it novak will b its day view i bet
It is just a opinion on the given pictures
Old 10-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
I'm pretty sure that the performance has been optimized.
13.2's all day long
Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eded1
Hi, adamge.
Thanks

Ed
I kinda feel like more roll = higher cornering speed. Up to a point that is... Am I wrong?
Old 10-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Paul...that's assuming you built the shocks to what length? Meaning when you have the the shock fully built and the rod is extended out of the shock body, what should the total length of the whole shock be?
I always make sure that my shocks are the same legnth but i never shoot for an exact measurement, when you screw it in farther or less you are only adjusting where the piston sitts in the shock body slightly, less screwed in = pistoin sitting farther up twords the bladder. given that the shock is long enough to hit the droop screw the shock legnth wont effect the droop atall.

Originally Posted by padailey
Paul

I hope my explaination makes sense.. I'm not the best at explaining how my car reacts unless its really obvious... so here goes.

My '009 EU is setup up straight from the stock setup. It is fast and really turns well. I'm running 17.5 indoor carpet with rubber (jaco greens) on a low to medium traction surface. My only deviation from the setup is I back off the goop on the front tires from full to half on the inside. I've never had a car with a spool turn this well but it might be a tick loose on entry. Also as I exit the corners and back on the throttle it tends to want to keep turning. None of this is very bad but it keeps me from running consistently lap after lap. So I guess maybe I just need to "tame" it down a little. Any suggestions?

Also how much would the rear diff play into this? The setup says loose to medium for tightness... how do you know what loose to medium is?

Thanks... posted this on the '009 thread also.
Hi, I would first widen the front end, I like to use 2.25mms of shimms behind the suspension mounts on the front end. and maybe also shocks for starters. i like to use 500 3hole in the rear and 700 3hole in the front. both being the fixed pistons and not the clickers. I would try that first. you want the diff as loose as possible without slipping under power. the most free feeling diff will always be the best, but it needs to have grip not to slip.

Originally Posted by JamesReilly
I know I'm not Paul but I have done a lot of testing with exactly what you are asking. I solved the problem by putting a diff in the front, BUT I used losi brown grease in the front diff and run it very tight. Not locked but close, this got rid of the loose entry and tamed the corner out steering.
You'll also get more steering mid corner. I know everyone swears that a spool is the only way to go on rubber but give it a try you maybe surprised.

James
I could see this working also, a car with a properly set up front diff will always be the easiest to drive, normally at the price of a couple tenths a lap though.

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Hi Paul!
Hi Jeff, hope all is well with you and the Baby!

I have not yet run my production car yet but from the peces that i have tested on my old car i can see it being really good.

Originally Posted by cyanyde
I kinda feel like more roll = higher cornering speed. Up to a point that is... Am I wrong?
no your definately not wrong but it depends. a car that has outside weight will roll more but if the weight is more inside you may just run a softer suspension set up to compinsate.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

paul do you use a spool or a one way on a spec carpet class
i know that a spool is fast on asphalt but what do you run in your 009?
Just want to know your opinion.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by TRXRACER99
paul do you use a spool or a one way on a spec carpet class
i know that a spool is fast on asphalt but what do you run in your 009?
Just want to know your opinion.

Hi, I use a spool on carpet also. I think that a one way is fast but when a spool is properly set up for corner speed it is just as fast and much easier to drive. as the spec classes get faster the more a spool is going to be the way to go. At my track it was a spool for mod only and a one way for spec classes just a year ago but now most everyone is with a spool in 13.5 and now even 17.5. so i would say a oneway for 21.5 but i think that is all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.