Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
How do I get you to cut my tires at the next race? Seaball said he knows of a way to repay you for the truing service.
Don't you worry Chicky I'll slash...ah I mean cut your tires.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:37 AM
Tech Rookie

hey paul what sort of radio settings do you play with,like punch,curve,trim???also on a brushless do you set your radio so that throttle hits exactly at the end???
Old 09-24-2009, 06:45 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by tamiya_008
hey paul what sort of radio settings do you play with,like punch,curve,trim???also on a brushless do you set your radio so that throttle hits exactly at the end???
Hi, i Pm'd you also. I only use my Trims, sub trims, both Expos (curves) sometimes, and EPA's. my throttle is set so it is not full throttle untill the very end, or super close to it.
But i really dont play with anything except steering expo, car is twitchy and a bit hard to drive i will throw a little extra in, ill normally start with 10% and go from their, I only use throttle expo when im running 2cell lipo mod.

Thanks, Paul
Old 09-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi Paul, quick question.

How do you choose what shore nitro shoes you are going to use when you go out to race? I'm headed to Kissimmee in December and I'm thinking 35F's and 38 or 40 rears, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Paul,

What's your high score on PapiJump?
Old 09-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

BMW or Lexus?
Old 09-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Hi Paul, quick question.

How do you choose what shore nitro shoes you are going to use when you go out to race? I'm headed to Kissimmee in December and I'm thinking 35F's and 38 or 40 rears, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!
as soft as you can find at the time, lol. True!

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Paul,

Papijump ? dont know that one yet. Ill let you know when i play it!

Originally Posted by beavis353
BMW or Lexus?
Niether. an all White chevy cargo van with a roof rack, 20 packs of empty newports strawn threwout the interior.. HA
Old 09-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Paul, I know it's a tough one but you might want to work on the Newport thing. When you get older, carrying the oxgen bottle up the steps to the drivers stand will be extra work plus you are in a position where younger drivers look up to you. We need you healthy so Jason can race against you some day.

Keith.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by kghills
Paul, I know it's a tough one but you might want to work on the Newport thing. When you get older, carrying the oxgen bottle up the steps to the drivers stand will be extra work plus you are in a position where younger drivers look up to you. We need you healthy so Jason can race against you some day.

Keith.
accually I dont smoke Newports atall but your right. sometimes I do smoke too much at the track. was at the track all day today and didnt have one.

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Paul,

I Just went and downloaded Papijump. i remember the game now lol (in line at the IIC). 17,567. im sure thats not much.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L

I Just went and downloaded Papijump. i remember the game now lol (in line at the IIC). 17,567. im sure thats not much.

Paul is that the game that you swing from building to building??
Old 09-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Rookie

i have a question do you have any other brands parts on your car??? like hpi,tamiya,associated etc...?pm me with answers to pm's when yourve got time 2,do you rebuild your car after every meeting??how many touring cars do you take to a meeting also??
thanks
david
Old 09-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default XII

Hello Paul, any news about the lipo setup for the XII ? Was it going ok?
Can you Pm a setup for asphalt low grip track for the XII. I run 4.5T, kopropo esc.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

hey paul i have bin searching around and have you herd if scotty has announced the dates for the Novak Race
Old 09-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey Paul! I am setting up my T2R (from the original T2 series) for 13.5 rubber on carpet. Do you have a recommend set up to start from? Is it best to reference the most recent setups from the 009 car rather than the old, somewhat outdated T2 setups? I noticed many of the T2 rubber carpet setups use one ways and CS27 tires while more recent setups use a spool and 32 shore tires.

Thanks man.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:27 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by tpczx6
Paul is that the game that you swing from building to building??
no That game is called rope n fly. but its fun too!

Originally Posted by tamiya_008
i have a question do you have any other brands parts on your car??? like hpi,tamiya,associated etc...?pm me with answers to pm's when yourve got time 2,do you rebuild your car after every meeting??how many touring cars do you take to a meeting also??
thanks
david
Hi, I dont use any other brand parts on my car.
I dont rebuild my car every big race, only when i feel its worn but not much really wears out. as long as the car tweaks out right i just keep rebuilding the diff and greasing driveshafts. sometimes i take two cars but that is only when i am trying something pretty crazy, normally just one car.

No problem, Paul

Originally Posted by ds400
Hello Paul, any news about the lipo setup for the XII ? Was it going ok?
Can you Pm a setup for asphalt low grip track for the XII. I run 4.5T, kopropo esc.
Hi, I ran a lipo made XII in vegas. My result was not so good with it but i dont know how much i can blame the car (mainly i stunk).
as for the asphalt set-up, I really have no clue, i would see what XRAY has on their site for set-ups. I would look for Teemu's set up from the worlds in thailand if they have that. sorry im not a ton of help

Originally Posted by TRXRACER99
hey paul i have bin searching around and have you herd if scotty has announced the dates for the Novak Race
I havent heared anything but he may have set them. sorry.

Originally Posted by Dane
Hey Paul! I am setting up my T2R (from the original T2 series) for 13.5 rubber on carpet. Do you have a recommend set up to start from? Is it best to reference the most recent setups from the 009 car rather than the old, somewhat outdated T2 setups? I noticed many of the T2 rubber carpet setups use one ways and CS27 tires while more recent setups use a spool and 32 shore tires.

Thanks man.
yea i would refrence the newer set-ups for sure. id bet that a new set up on an old car would work pretty well. my vegas set up should mostly apply. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.