Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
Hi paul

Im having trouble with my bladders swelling very fast and i cant bleed them though the shock cap as im useing alloy ones how can i fix this and im useing xray oil to.
Hi, My bladders swell also. I dont bleed the aluminum shocks threw the cap (almost impossible). You can use two methods.

1: I control the amount of rebound in the shock by the placement of the piston when i screw down the cap. 1 Fill the shock completely and remoove the air bubbles. 2 push the piston up untill it is almost coming out of the oil. 3 put the bladder on and as your pushing the bladder down you will be pushing the piston down with it, (I use a wrench to push down in the center bladder to insure that it is all the way extended into the shock body). then screw on the cap.
this should give some rebound but not a ton. basicly the closer the piston is to the bladder when you screw on the cap, the less rebound you will have.

2: if you want no rebound all the time you can drill a hole in the plastic cap, this will leave the top chamber of the shock with no pressure and the shock will build the same ( TOTALLY DEAD) every time. it works on some tracks.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi, My bladders swell also. I dont bleed the aluminum shocks threw the cap (almost impossible). You can use two methods.

1: I control the amount of rebound in the shock by the placement of the piston when i screw down the cap. 1 Fill the shock completely and remoove the air bubbles. 2 push the piston up untill it is almost coming out of the oil. 3 put the bladder on and as your pushing the bladder down you will be pushing the piston down with it, (I use a wrench to push down in the center bladder to insure that it is all the way extended into the shock body). then screw on the cap.
this should give some rebound but not a ton. basicly the closer the piston is to the bladder when you screw on the cap, the less rebound you will have.

2: if you want no rebound all the time you can drill a hole in the plastic cap, this will leave the top chamber of the shock with no pressure and the shock will build the same ( TOTALLY DEAD) every time. it works on some tracks.

When do you or don't you want to have a dead shock? Are you going to make it out for the Timezone race?

Talk to ya soon!
Devin
Old 09-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi paul thanks for the info and your time.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
When do you or don't you want to have a dead shock? Are you going to make it out for the Timezone race?

Talk to ya soon!
Devin
I know that you dont want it when the bite low.

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
Hi paul thanks for the info and your time.

No problem!
Old 09-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi, My bladders swell also. I dont bleed
hmmm, still I think you should take two aspirins and see a doctor in the morning. Reader advice for once ?

but seriously, thanks for all the help at IIC. The X10 WGT was very easy to drive with yours and Tim's advice ( I just had negative horsepower, I think if I had reverse turned on in the speedo it would have been faster ) and the subtle changes to my droop helped my 009. See you next time... keep kickin a$$.
Speaking of that last night in Vegas.... hows that whiplash treating you, you got door checked from both sides.. that was pretty brutal... LOL.

Jake

Last edited by Magnet Top; 09-20-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

speaking of which, I'd like to take the time to thank all my homies for the invite, .........

6 nights in vegas and in bed by 11 every night, getting old rocks
Old 09-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey paul,
i meet you on tuesday at IIC and asked you a couple questions....it was really cool meeting you.....it was great to see how down to earth you are, cause i have heard that some of the factory guys are kinda stuck up...have a great day..
Old 09-21-2009, 02:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

paul thanks! for cuttin my tires at the iic!! it was cool to met u and to be on the same track with u!when i was talking to u outside painting my body i was on about 6hours sleep in 3 days and high off paint!lol. thanks!! bigshane!!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
hmmm, still I think you should take two aspirins and see a doctor in the morning. Reader advice for once ?

but seriously, thanks for all the help at IIC. The X10 WGT was very easy to drive with yours and Tim's advice ( I just had negative horsepower, I think if I had reverse turned on in the speedo it would have been faster ) and the subtle changes to my droop helped my 009. See you next time... keep kickin a$$.
Speaking of that last night in Vegas.... hows that whiplash treating you, you got door checked from both sides.. that was pretty brutal... LOL.

Jake

Jake, no problem, Im glad i was able to help. was a good time. see ya

Originally Posted by karmas
hey paul,
i meet you on tuesday at IIC and asked you a couple questions....it was really cool meeting you.....it was great to see how down to earth you are, cause i have heard that some of the factory guys are kinda stuck up...have a great day..
Hi, thanks for the compliment. I try and help everyone if i can. good talking with you too.

Originally Posted by 1bigshane
paul thanks! for cuttin my tires at the iic!! it was cool to met u and to be on the same track with u!when i was talking to u outside painting my body i was on about 6hours sleep in 3 days and high off paint!lol. thanks!! bigshane!!
Hi Shane, no problem. LOL, yea this race will do that to you, thats why i really tried to be in bed by 10 or 11 every nite. but im sure you had a blast. see ya next year, good luck in off road.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

What's up Paul man that basketball story you told me in vegas was hilarious! I'm about to get an 09 any build tips you got for me thanks in advance Jason
Old 09-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

"Hi Shane, no problem. LOL, yea this race will do that to you, thats why i really tried to be in bed by 10 or 11 every nite. but im sure you had a blast. see ya next year, good luck in off road."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...........

Good joke Paulie.

Jacko
Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
"Hi Shane, no problem. LOL, yea this race will do that to you, thats why i really tried to be in bed by 10 or 11 every nite. but im sure you had a blast. see ya next year, good luck in off road."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...........

Good joke Paulie.

Jacko
Lol yeah Jacko, i think we all know better don't we?? Have you had your trailer shook up lately?
Old 09-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1bigshane
paul thanks! for cuttin my tires at the iic!!
How do I get you to cut my tires at the next race? Seaball said he knows of a way to repay you for the truing service.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
What's up Paul man that basketball story you told me in vegas was hilarious! I'm about to get an 09 any build tips you got for me thanks in advance Jason
hi jason. ill talk to you soon about any questions that you have. see ya.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank's paul I'll hit you up soon man

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.