Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Paul,

Will you be running at the indoor champs this year?
Old 10-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi, we normally run the Duo 10.5, 13.5 and 17.5 in the Middle tining position, for temp i think that 150 to 180 is acceptible but it depends on what class/motor you are running. honestly i dont run much stock class racing so maybe someone like EA could help us both out with this question. Thanks alot.
Originally Posted by baf1
duo timing and fdr,sedan?,temp range..?
For 17.5 you can basically double what you would run on a C027. If you ran a 1.00 Rollout you'll want around a 2.0 (50.5-51.0mm) rollout on the 17.5 DUO motors at Middle timing (reconmend). For a 13.5 we run 1.65 (42-43mm) and 10.5 1.49 (37-38mm) rollout. All of these are based on the middle timing setting on the DUO motors. Adjust gearing to get the motor around 160-170 degrees. I dont like getting them much over 180 although it doesnt hurt the rotors on the Trinity motors like it does others.

EA
Old 10-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks ea,paul l.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Jeff, how are you?. we do have a new line of brushless motors coming out (the Pulse Line), but i don't think that we are discontinueing the current DUO line. Yes the Duo's are hard to get right now and that is because they are so fast. I would try and continue to get the Duo motor because they are so good and because i dont know exactly when the new Pulse line will be released, I think by the end of the year for sure if not much sooner.
talk to you soon, paul
Thanks Paul for the information, I am keeping busy, seems like you are too. Will be in touch soon.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:39 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by eded1
Hi, Paul.

I have a little question about the batterie's the top drivers using.
Its maybe a silly question, but latelly i was driving on Heemstede(Netherlands) with Jilles and i was amazed about the long runtimes he archieved, compaired to myself.
Some people said he drives reserved, but i managed to see where he used throttle and that is on more occasion full or almost full, but his runtime
remained long. What do i not understand.

Further:I wish that a surten Xray driver took the world's

Thanks in advance
Ed Ijzerman The Netherlands
Hi Ed, i have been in many situations just like the one that you speak of with Jilles, he is a very smooth driver but like you said im sure he was going fast. I would assume that it is a combination of a few things. you could start with batteries, im assure you that his batterys are not a ton better than what you have but im assume that they are good and fresh. Motor, possibly a little less timing or possibly just a more efficient motor (I dont know how much you know about his car?). Electronics, obviously drive train, and lastly Driving, it may appear that he is using a lot of battery, but with a driver like him I bet that their are invisible things that he does when driving that simply may not load the car and cause amp draw.
In conclusion I dont think that you will ever pin point your problem in this particular case because i dont think that their is one single solution. also Im sure that you have already taken action to eliminate most of these possible problems.
Whenever i have had these problems, (for me in 12th scale) practicing and racing more always helped me.

PS: if you are way way short on run time, in rare ocations i have seen servos and other peces of electronics have problems and draw more battery than they should.

Thanks, paul
Old 10-20-2008, 05:43 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by John Warner
Paul,

Will you be running at the indoor champs this year?
Hi John, Yup im planning on going.

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
For 17.5 you can basically double what you would run on a C027. If you ran a 1.00 Rollout you'll want around a 2.0 (50.5-51.0mm) rollout on the 17.5 DUO motors at Middle timing (reconmend). For a 13.5 we run 1.65 (42-43mm) and 10.5 1.49 (37-38mm) rollout. All of these are based on the middle timing setting on the DUO motors. Adjust gearing to get the motor around 160-170 degrees. I dont like getting them much over 180 although it doesnt hurt the rotors on the Trinity motors like it does others.

EA
Thanks again for all the info.

[QUOTE=baf1;4956407]thanks ea,paul l.[/QUOTE

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Thanks Paul for the information, I am keeping busy, seems like you are too. Will be in touch soon.

No problem atall..
Old 10-20-2008, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Paul,

Have you ever though of making like an instructional video dvd. Showing us newer guys all the aspects of tuning, adjustments and driving techniques. I bet you it will sell like hotcakes.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

Interesting post.

I would order it.
Dave.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Paul: Hope Darren has been talking to you about making a trip out west for Round #2 of the NWIC at Timezone II Novemer 14,15,16 2008. Looks like we will have Ray Darroch and TJ, from Corally making the trip from back east as well as Peeler, Sushi Boy, Richard "Vegas" St. Cyr. Dave Ehrlich, and all the other NW guy's. Had nearly a 100 entries last year and we are working hard at putting this race on the Map. We prommise you want be dissapointed and we'll treat you like a "King of the Hill"

Thanks Man,

Mark
TZR
Old 10-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Paul, remember the trash can at vegas? These guys are 'that' sick.

just kidding, timezoneII is an r/c heaven track and both Mark and Rick are two of the coolest cats around.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Paul, What did it do when you cut down the steering blocks on your TC ?

And will you be using lipo batteries at the upcoming big races? Will you be at the Halloween classic?

Joe
Old 10-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by zake540
Paul,

Have you ever though of making like an instructional video dvd. Showing us newer guys all the aspects of tuning, adjustments and driving techniques. I bet you it will sell like hotcakes.
It would be nice to do, but maybe with some other pro's involved as well.

Originally Posted by mtbboy
Interesting post.

I would order it.
Dave.
Hi Dave, see you tomorrow.

Originally Posted by MAD916
Hey Paul: Hope Darren has been talking to you about making a trip out west for Round #2 of the NWIC at Timezone II Novemer 14,15,16 2008. Looks like we will have Ray Darroch and TJ, from Corally making the trip from back east as well as Peeler, Sushi Boy, Richard "Vegas" St. Cyr. Dave Ehrlich, and all the other NW guy's. Had nearly a 100 entries last year and we are working hard at putting this race on the Map. We prommise you want be dissapointed and we'll treat you like a "King of the Hill"

Thanks Man,

Mark
TZR
Hi Mark, it sounds like the race will be awesome. Unfortionately i have to miss it this year do to some prior race commitments. Im sure that ill hear about how it went, Thanks paul
Old 10-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Paul-

For rubber tire, what do you think of the new proline R9-R body in comparison to the mazda 6, speed 6 and dna 2.

Hunter and I are running the DNA2, I kinda like the looks of the R9-R but how does it perform. Not sure if you did any testing with it or not and wondered where it fell in comparison to the others. Thought I'd ask.

Thanks..

Mike
Old 10-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Paul, how much is the max degrees you use in steering, that would not affect the speed of the car and smooth of the drivshafts. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Ed, i have been in many situations just like the one that you speak of with Jilles, he is a very smooth driver but like you said im sure he was going fast. I would assume that it is a combination of a few things. you could start with batteries, im assure you that his batterys are not a ton better than what you have but im assume that they are good and fresh. Motor, possibly a little less timing or possibly just a more efficient motor (I dont know how much you know about his car?). Electronics, obviously drive train, and lastly Driving, it may appear that he is using a lot of battery, but with a driver like him I bet that their are invisible things that he does when driving that simply may not load the car and cause amp draw.

Thanks, paul
Thanks Paul,for your nice and clear explanation.
Jilles run with a 3.5SP an myself running at that time 4.0SP, sorry its not TRINITY.
Reading your information i understand that i've have to look how smooth the car is running (rubbertyres) and probably give it not more steering angle than nescesarry to keep up with the turns to rule out as much as possible friction.

Thanks Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.