Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Paul, how do you get a mid length camber link on the xray? it seems like it's either short or long.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Gravity RC

Franz: Hi, I talked to scotty about it just yeaterday. Im not sure yet weather i can do it or not, i do have the week open but it is right after two other races and that would make it a month straight on the road. so as of now i am undecided. but it would be nice to come again because those races seem so fun..

fat Bear: no problem, sometimes im not the best at explaining things but hopefully you were able to get some good info out of it.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Gravity RC

Brian: Sorry, The post was kinda weird because i was trying not so specify for any one car but yet i kinda was. I guess in my post i didn't say exact locations because i was trying to give a general rule of thumb which sometimes helps people more than just saying where i run them and that's all.
but on the front of an Xray I would consider long on the tower being med legnth, and obviously for foam i would run long as well. for the rear i consider med being short on the hub and long on the tower. Thanks,paul
Old 09-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Stocker: Oh yea. the motor that i used in vegas is a totally new motor "TRINITY PULSE". Jim has designed and sourced it 100% and the two of us have done all of the testing on it. Trinity is rounding the corner on having it availible, it is very good already and i cant wait to see how good the totally done version is.
Thanks for the update!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Hey Paul, Just wanted to know if you were planning on participating in the Grand Slam Carpet Series? ..........and if you were planning on coming down the 360 track in L.I., NY for Rd.3??........ Love to have ya!

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Gravity RC

Kwikvdub: Hi, as of right now i am not planning on any of those races. I dont know alot about them. I have heared great things about 360 raceway though. please feel free to post more about those events here for me and others. Thanks, paul
Old 09-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Paul I just wanted to thank you Drew and RCamerica for the great event that you guys put on this week end and for the help you gave all of us. It help alot I could tell by the way everyone was getting faster at the end of the weekend . Well thanks again and make sure you gave a Big thanks to RCamerica for putting on the event .Ross
Old 09-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Paul

any news or ETA on that Trinity brushless motor? I kind of wanted one before the Stock Rubber Nats in October.

thanks
Old 09-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Gravity RC

Ross: no problem, thank you for coming out and supporting the event. this was the second Xray Challenge race, and they have both been alot of fun, i have met and been able to help alot of people. I really think that the xray challenge series is good for on-road racing, it gives people a chance to learn alot about their cars, and i think that keeps people excited about racing.

Ridge_racer: the Pulse motor will not be availible in time for that race, it is still a little ways out. But the Duo motor is honestly the best motor in my and many other drivers opinion right now for 13.5 and 17.5. if your looking for a new motor i would strongly suggest the duo right now.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Paul-

Hunter wanter to know if you will be at the rubber race next weekend?

We'll be coming up for some fun.

Will you be running a little 13.5 with us mortals?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

Bigmike:Hi, The motor has three timing settings on the end bell (wire side) their are 9 holes, 3 sets of 3. your motor should be in the middle hole of all three. to chage it you will pull those three screws out on the opposite end of the motor, they go all the way threw.
If you increase the timing you will most likely have to gear down, and i wouln
d not suggest taking the timing back from the stock position.
Hi Paul, my motor came with the screw on the left most hole (2 empty screw holes on the right of the screw. In this position, the "TRINITY" is parallel with the solder tabs. With the screw in the middle position, the word isn't parallel. So is it at zero timing now?

Another thing, the A.B,C phases are not printed on the motor, is it A,B,C looking from the side with the sensor wire just like most others?

thanks and cheers!

Last edited by stocker; 09-28-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Paul I just wanting to know what roll center blocks and hole on the shock tower you think would be good to run at Q place ?
Old 09-29-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Big thanks to Paul and Andrew for all the help at the X-Ray Challenge Race at Jonesboro. Learned alot about the little things I was not doing to make my car run better.

I take my hat off to both you and Andrew for the couples style driving of the Mini-Cooper, next year the servo switches on the radio need to be reversed.

Hope to see you at another Challenge race.

Thomas
Old 09-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Gravity RC

Big Dog: Hi, yea i will be around to help. I dont think that i will be racing, but you never know. see you then.

Stocker: right now your motor is in the mild setting or least timing. at that setting the motor still has timing but not much. we normally run the screw in the center hole, we rarely run it where yours is now. the a,b,c, solder tabs are like any other motor on the market. Thanks

Eflite300: Hi, i would start with mid roll centers all around. Middle hole on the front tower and one more stud up in the rear tower for the shocks.

Donor: Hi Thomas. Thanks, i know that we both had alot of fun. it was a great race. hopefully we can do it again.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Big Dog: Hi, yea i will be around to help. I dont think that i will be racing, but you never know. see you then.
I think you should put you car down and show us what laps times we should be doing.

Snowy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.