Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Old 03-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

hey paul alicia said thanks for the hat. brandon
Old 03-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Gravity RC

Quantum: I do use pretty thin stuff when i re do my bearings, you can mix some thicker oil with some thinner stuff if you want to make it last a little longer. but you will need to oil them every week after you spray them out, i have never tried to re pack a bearing with grease.

Mshap33: Thanks, Im glad the set up is working for you.

Brandon, No problem. I figured it would get stolen by you or butters before she got it.lol Glad it found its home..
Old 03-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Paul- Congrats on the Win! Now when are you coming back to NC to race with us? LOL

If not see you at the asphalt nats!

Anthony Saunders
Old 03-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Paul, Barry just posted his Nats 008 setup, but he didn't enter the outer rear camber link position. Do you know what he used, or can you mention it to him?
-Adam
Old 03-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Paul,

Have you ran the Jaco Green tires on carpet. If so what are some tricks to get them to handle better.

Do you use warmers?
What do you set your camber at?
What dope do you use if you could choose and how long to you let it sit.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Congrats on another ROAR National Title, dude!
Old 03-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Paul-

Your feet are WAY TOO SLOW to be a corner marshall! What are you going to do to improve your marshalling skills??? LOL j/k

Congratulations on your National Championship!

It was great to watch you wheel it! Come back to the Plex again soon... maybe we should have a Mid-Summer Carpet Challenge Race? Your thoughts?

-Take Care,
Todd

Last edited by tbeardmore; 03-21-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Gravity RC

Exclamation

imprsme: Hi Anthony, Thanks. I figured you and Brandon would be their. Im sure ill be seing you sometime soon.

damge: My set up is on line now also, Im not sure where Barry ran his rear link, He will most likely see this and fix his sheet. Thanks

J: Thanks man, I still have something for you. it might just be a long time till you acually get it.

Tbeardmore: Yea I screwed up on that marshiling job, it could have been alot worse, one time i tried to jump over a bunch of cars and literally smashed a car when i came stomping down. I told the guy he could have anything on my pit to make up for it.lol He was really cool about it, thank god.
A mid summer race would be cool but it could be a hard thing to pull off, I most likely would not be able to come do to prepairing for the worlds on asphalt and the nitro worlds this year. I would just see what kind of interst you can generate locally then go from their.

paul
Old 03-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

LIGHTSOUT SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sup Drew!
Old 03-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

hey paul.

there seems to be a decline in touring car racing. it seem like off road is still going strong. there just don't seem to be anyone new at the tracks. some think it's the economy, off road cars are cheaper, touring cars are to fast for novice stock should be slower. what is your take. what should be done to make touring car grow.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Paul ~ Is it true that your the real Easter Bunny?
Old 03-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kropy
Paul ~ Is it true that your the real Easter Bunny?
I'd like to know this to. My daughter is very excited for the Easter Bunny, but if it's Paul then I'll leave my car out and if you have time feel free to leave some "goodies" for it
Old 03-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Lees52: i work with alot of different things to try and make the car turn with my favorite rear end set-up(soft, low roll, long link/lots of angle) but it is very rare that i can make it turn how i want. that kind of a rear end has so much stability that it is hard to overcome, without just making the inside rear tire hike with things like, more caster, camber, softer spring, lay front shocks down. so it is really hard for me to always figure out at different places with the always changing traction. if i knew the answer to our question i would be in the winners circle alot more.lol you do seem to understand, maybe you can help me
Hi Paul.
I watched a vid of yr carpet nats and nah sorry, you dont need any help. Although it would be fun to wander over and point at your car, shake head and say "oh look...nah u cant do that man...what r u thinking!!" Ha.
Anyway looks like you get the rear roll working with enough steering.
I wanted to ask about when you set your camber.
When your on the setup board do you pull the top of the tyre/set square to the outside to take out the slop and set the camber?
Since youll get about 1 degree slop in the back and probably 1.5 in the front.
And also do you replace the ball ends/ uprights to reduce this often or is it not an issue.

Cheers
Old 03-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
J: Thanks man, I still have something for you. it might just be a long time till you acually get it.

paul
Hmmm.....I don't know whether to be excited or frightened!? ahhahhah....well, bring it out to the Reedy Race and we can hook it up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.