Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi jrxs lipo,s

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default losi jrxs lipo,s

Has anyone managed to fit lipo,s in the jrxs chassis. if so could you post, how it was done, as i,ve heard a rumour the old car is better on the carpet than the new type R.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rhino20
Has anyone managed to fit lipo,s in the jrxs chassis. if so could you post, how it was done, as i,ve heard a rumour the old car is better on the carpet than the new type R.

i have, you have to buy soft cas lipos and no bigger, i tihnk that maxamps 4000's fit and kokam 3200's fit nothing bigger than those
Old 12-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't know who was telling you the old car is better than the type r but they must be smoking something The type R is 100 times better than the original, both in performance and ease of maintenance
Old 12-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Trackpower 4900 fits perfect in the Type R with the heavy lipo tray no slop or anything.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goggles Paesan
The Trackpower 4900 fits perfect in the Type R with the heavy lipo tray no slop or anything.
He is referring to the JRXS, not the Type R. You may get a soft cell Lipo to fit in the old car but no hard case ones at all. I agree with Matt, the new car is way better then the old one and I liked the old one as well as still run one on asphalt. Get the Type R and once you get a setup that works for you it will be a way more dialed car.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
He is referring to the JRXS, not the Type R. You may get a soft cell Lipo to fit in the old car but no hard case ones at all. I agree with Matt, the new car is way better then the old one and I liked the old one as well as still run one on asphalt. Get the Type R and once you get a setup that works for you it will be a way more dialed car.
No, he was talking about the type r, you just have to carfully shave down a small part of the case so that it does not rub on the pulleys. Also the orion 3200 cabon edition fits perfect with no shaving.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottB
No, he was talking about the type r, you just have to carfully shave down a small part of the case so that it does not rub on the pulleys. Also the orion 3200 cabon edition fits perfect with no shaving.
The original post does not read that way to me but could be you know him and what car he really has. I did not think there was any issues fitting a lipo in the Type R chassis. But I don't run lipo so I don't know about that. I do know you can't fit a hard case lipo in the old car w/o serious modification which makes it not worth it imo.