Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI E10

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default HPI E10

I am planing to purchase an HPI E10 Touring. My question is: can I replace the stock motor with a Trinity Speedgems Extreme 10 Double Modified Motor? Would it be faster than the stock motor?
Old 12-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Rookie

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/839454.asp
Old 12-17-2007, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes, alot faster but you'd need to upgrade the ESC.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Why must I get a new ESC? What would happen if I didn't have one?
Old 12-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by riceman777
Why must I get a new ESC? What would happen if I didn't have one?
the old one won't handle the amp draw from that powerful a motor ( i think its a 20t max). mine got hot with the stock motor. buy something like an LRP AI bullet reverse. no motor limit, reverse, built in failsafe.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

If you're going to replace the motor and speed controller you might want to just buy an non rtr kit like the tamiya cars and add your own electronics.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Make sure you do some searching for some E10 reviews because I was tempted to buy that product myself until I read that there is some slop issues in the differentials and the way the motor is not so securely clamped down (plastic). That and I read there's too much flex/lash in the drive lines.

Not sure if HPI has addressed this yet, but I'm waiting out for a revision or an SS.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hey buddy as above said make sure you check reveiw on the chassis

my friend had one.... used it for drift.... now if you dont kno drift is prolly on of the easyiest things on a car... even easyier than bashing... because the tyres we use dont have much resistance meaning everything flows freely...

from the word go he had problems..

slop, diffs are weak. the pinion and spur dont sit properly due to slop and the motor mount isnt very good.

he stripped 3 spurs killed 2 diffs and had a host of other problems... he ended up getting rid of it and getting a bog stock tb02 and hasnt had a single drama since....

this kit really is for the mega noobs who just want a 10 minute a week drifter/basher

if you want to get any mroe serious look at a tamiya ta05 or tb02......

tt01s are still great bashers as well and firly bullet proof.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeXray
If you're going to replace the motor and speed controller you might want to just buy an non rtr kit like the tamiya cars and add your own electronics.
yeah the E10 and TT01 are basically the same car!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HPI RS4
Make sure you do some searching for some E10 reviews because I was tempted to buy that product myself until I read that there is some slop issues in the differentials and the way the motor is not so securely clamped down (plastic). That and I read there's too much flex/lash in the drive lines.

Not sure if HPI has addressed this yet, but I'm waiting out for a revision or an SS.
i bought one on the basis i would learn from the problems. and i did! i'm contacting HPI regarding the driveshaft (its made to come out of the car without dismantling, so it slips out of the front/rear diff (depending on the arrangement). i've had it since saturday, and i'm proud to say that i havn't broken it . i also set it into drift configuration (oversteer) to counteract the understeer of front wheel drive when the driveshaft slips out of mesh. an SS kit would be nice
Old 03-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys i've read review's between HPI E10 touring & Sprint2 chassis's and was wondering? which would give a more realistic drive style, I am not a drifter but a scale driving would be fun!
These both seem fairly good but i won't be racing seriously with it would it be a recommendable chassis?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

I have a sprint 2 drift and a tt-01e, sakura zero and a lot of other rc cars
look around go to your local track and talk to some of the guys there, i bet you can find a used car way better then a 10e,sprint or tt-01
if you did buy a 10e make sure you change the plastic bushings to ball bearings(that it self adds a lot of speed)
Old 03-27-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Arrow

Originally Posted by urban
I have a sprint 2 drift and a tt-01e, sakura zero and a lot of other rc cars
look around go to your local track and talk to some of the guys there, i bet you can find a used car way better then a 10e,sprint or tt-01
if you did buy a 10e make sure you change the plastic bushings to ball bearings(that it self adds a lot of speed)
I been talking with someone from the local track and figured out a tc4 will work better and proven in racing.