Wiki Posts
Search

Gearing Issues PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 01:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Gearing Issues PLEASE HELP

Hi Guys,

I have recently got my hands on a neglected Tamiya TB EVO V, the previous owner gave me a chassis without a motor.
I have purchased the Hobbyking X-Car Brushless Power System (11T) 3000KV/45A for the car and have completely rebuilt the car.
My question is : According to the manual that i downloaded, the car originally came standard with a 23T brushless motor, 34T pinion and 90T spur Gear - The Internal Gear ratio is 2.437. The FDR in that configuration is around 6.46, the problem is the parts for the TB Evo V are very hard to find here in SA and the only Spur Gear with the right pitch and motor mount i can find is a 72T, pinions are not an issue.
If i run the above motor with the 72T Spur and a 26T pinion i get a FDR of 6.76, will this gear ratio be fine in the above configuration and motor spec? or do you have any better suggestions? I really dont want to damage the Motor, Gears, ESC or the battery.
please can someone assist me with the above matter, it will be greatly appreciated.